Windows 10: After MS security patch D drive got write protected.

Discus and support After MS security patch D drive got write protected. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After MS security patch D drive got write protected. Hello, I just update all my systems with latest MS security patch KB4537480. after updating my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by akoliya kaushal, Mar 13, 2020.

1. After MS security patch D drive got write protected.

After MS security patch D drive got write protected.
    Hello, I just update all my systems with latest MS security patch KB4537480. after updating my systems with this patch I am getting an error for my D or other drive, All these drives are automatically got write protected ad now I am not able to use that drive.
    Windows version : 1909 After MS security patch D drive got write protected. :)
    Can anyone please help me out in this issue.
    Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    KA

:)

akoliya kaushal, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Write protection on a USB drive

how do you unprotect a usb drive that has put itself into write protected mode. The USB is a Scandisk Ultraslim 128Gb drive. The file system is NTFS.

Chkdsk says

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...

Security descriptor verification completed.

9803 data files processed.

CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...

41195480 USN bytes processed.

Usn Journal verification completed.

The Volume Bitmap is incorrect.

Windows has checked the file system and found problems.

Please run chkdsk /scan to find the problems and queue them for repair.

I then ran, chkdsk /scan /f

and this happened

D:\>chkdsk /scan /f

The type of the file system is NTFS.

Cannot lock current drive.

Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected.

Is there anyway of correcting the volume bitmap of my usb drive?

RobCola1362, Mar 13, 2020
  4. After MS security patch D drive got write protected.

Write Protection.

Hello everyone,

I am having a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 8 GB Pen Drive. It worked nicely for 2 years and then it suddenly shows the error message when I try to format the drive: The disk is Write Protected. I tries several ways:

• Registry editor (StorageDevicePolicies)
    • Command Prompt
    • Different tools etc.
    I couldn't remove the write protection. Please help me on this topic.

Regards,

Anik.

Anik Ghosh, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

After MS security patch D drive got write protected.

1. After MS security patch D drive got write protected. - Similar Threads - security patch drive

2. Drive Write Protected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive Write Protected: Background:Wanted to install a new SSD as my C drive, wouldn't copy correctly, had to do a new install of Windows.D drive Samsung SSD had all my Data - Pictures, Documents, etc. Cloned my D drive to an NVMe on a USB adapter, removed the SSD, installed the NVMe on a PCIE...
  3. Drive Write Protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive Write Protected: Background:Wanted to install a new SSD as my C drive, wouldn't copy correctly, had to do a new install of Windows.D drive Samsung SSD had all my Data - Pictures, Documents, etc. Cloned my D drive to an NVMe on a USB adapter, removed the SSD, installed the NVMe on a PCIE...
  4. DVD Drive D got added after downloading MS Office.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD Drive D got added after downloading MS Office.: I have surface laptop 3 and after downloading MS office for MS Project, DVD Drive D got added in my Laptop This PC tab as shown in attached picture. Previously DVD Drive D was not there . Why it got added?...
  5. Pen Drive Write Protected

Pen Drive Write Protected: Hi everyone! I have a 4 GB Transcend pen drive which I formatted few days back. But I think that I made any mistake in formatting the pen drive I think I disturbed the file system column which made my pen drive Write Protected as shown in the attachment below. This had made...
  6. Drive C got Write-Protected!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive C got Write-Protected!: Hello everyone... It was few days ago, Noticed My Computer's Drive C has gotten Write-Protected...I did all the things about registry-key, CMD commands and some other things...It Would Be Great If You Show Me The Way To Fix It and GET OUT OF THIS MADNESS : Sorry for bad...
  7. Flash Drive is write protected

in Windows 10 Support
    Flash Drive is write protected: I have a brand new PNY 256gb flash drive. I started to copy files to it and I got the message that it must be formatted before using it. I tried to format it and after a few minutes, I got the following error message: The disk is write protected. I tried SFC/SCAN file and got...
  8. Flash Drive is write protected.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flash Drive is write protected.: I was copying files to my flash drive sometime ago, the transfer speed was slow, so I tried the most technical solution ever, I unplugged it then plugged it in, then Windows told me that there was a issue with this flash drive and I should click to fix it. I thought this...
  9. After MS security patch D drive got write protected.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After MS security patch D drive got write protected.: After MS security patch D drive got write protected. Hello, I just update all my systems with latest MS security patch KB4537480. after updating my systems with this patch I am getting an error for my D or other drive, All these drives are automatically got write protected ad...
  10. write protected drive G

write protected drive G: I have an android phone and am trying to transfer music on a micro flash. Keep getting write protected when I try to transfer anything. I didn't write protect it, how do I turn off the write protection thanks...