Windows 10: After MS Store Pro edition upgrade, how easy would it be to restore the upgrade from Home...

Discus and support After MS Store Pro edition upgrade, how easy would it be to restore the upgrade from Home... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We are in a habit of buying Windows Home Edition computers and then buying the Pro upgrade. Could be a management hassle after a few laptops need to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshuaOnAMountainWalk, Aug 14, 2020.

1. After MS Store Pro edition upgrade, how easy would it be to restore the upgrade from Home...

We are in a habit of buying Windows Home Edition computers and then buying the Pro upgrade. Could be a management hassle after a few laptops need to be set back to factory image.

Has anyone done this?

I did look for a previous answer. Unfortunately the terms I search for are so general I cannot find a good match, so here we are. Definitely point me to an existing thread!

-Josh

:)

JoshuaOnAMountainWalk, Aug 14, 2020

2. After MS Store Pro edition upgrade, how easy would it be to restore the upgrade from Home Edition after a recovery?

Elise, thanks for the quick reply.

I read the article and it doesn't specifically say that the edition is going to be restored, but I think because App store purchases are restored we can assume the App store purchase of Pro will come back. Is that about right?

For anyone browsing discussions on this, Elise's advice seems sound and I finally stumbled upon another thread about it

Windows 10 pro upgrade purchased through MS store app reinstall

JoshuaOnAMountainWalk, Sep 4, 2020
  3. why there is just one way to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro?

You can purchase a full license key, but keep in mind, the full retail license for Windows 10 Pro is more expensive than the $99 upgrade through the Store.

Step 1: Purchase license for Windows 10 Pro, then receive your key:

Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: Perform an Easy Upgrade using the key:

Andre Da Costa, Sep 4, 2020
  4. After MS Store Pro edition upgrade, how easy would it be to restore the upgrade from Home...

What happens if I upgrade to Pro edition of Windows 10?

If you upgrade through either the Windows Store or use an existing Windows 10 Pro key with the Easy Upgrade wizard, your personal files will be preserved.

Store:

Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to store

Click the $99 button to make your purchase

Follow the on screen instructions

Your system will be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro within 5 to 10 minutes, applications, personal files and settings preserved.

Using an existing key:

Andre Da Costa, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

After MS Store Pro edition upgrade, how easy would it be to restore the upgrade from Home...

1. After MS Store Pro edition upgrade, how easy would it be to restore the upgrade from Home... - Similar Threads - Store Pro edition

2. How would someone return an upgrade from home to pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How would someone return an upgrade from home to pro?: So i bought an upgrade from home to pro since i am an IT student and for using Hyper-V i would need Pro.As I finished the Order, through a third party payment service Klarna, a friend suggested buying the Pro Version Online for like 5 € with product Key, I called a return...
  3. How would someone return an upgrade from home to pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How would someone return an upgrade from home to pro?: So i bought an upgrade from home to pro since i am an IT student and for using Hyper-V i would need Pro.As I finished the Order, through a third party payment service Klarna, a friend suggested buying the Pro Version Online for like 5 € with product Key, I called a return...
  4. How to upgrade from Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to upgrade from Home to Pro?: I want to upgrade my version from Home to Pro. When I go to settings, it only offers an option to input a product key. There is no option to go to the Microsoft store, to upgrade to Pro. I also tried using the Pro generic key, to switch to that version. I went offline, it...
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade from MS Store - License queries

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade from MS Store - License queries: Hi, Got a new laptop with Windows 10 Home OEM_DM license. I have understood details about the upgrade to Pro from MS Store, which is pretty straight forward. However, I am not clear on the following: While the windows 10 home is OEM_DM type license and thus non...
  6. Windows 10 fails to upgrade from Home to Pro edition via store upgrade

Windows 10 fails to upgrade from Home to Pro edition via store upgrade: Issue faced : I have an Asus G14 that came with Windows 10 Home. I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade via MS Store. When I try upgrading/installing Windows 10 Pro via the store, the upgrade fails with an error code 0x80070005. Post which my laptop loses its original...
  7. Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro: Hello, I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro Edition. Once the upgrade process starts, it stalls after 10-14% and then I get message that says: "Windows Upgrade Failed Error Code: 0x800f0904 how can I get the upgrade process to complete and...
  8. MS Store Error for Upgrading Win10 Home to Pro.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store Error for Upgrading Win10 Home to Pro.: [ATTACH] Microsoft Windows - what cause this error message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-store-error-for-upgrading-win10-home-to-pro/3676f8f5-3f88-4230-a3cc-9ea34d225fec
  9. Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a...

Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a...: I have a HP laptop that I purchased 3 years ago that came with Win 10 Home, and only yesterday I wanted to update to Win 10 Pro to try new features in Windows for an entry tech certificate I'm currently studying, Since I'm on a tight budget, I purchased a Win 10 pro key...
  10. Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate

Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate: Hello, I'm having hp x360 spectre with win10 home and purchased via ms store upgrade win10 pro, but it keeps refusing activation and dispatching error codes. I tried to reset installation...etc....really mess. But eventually I'll get it all back and running, but still cannot...