Windows 10: After neighborhood outage monitors have no signal and pc is loud when starting up

Discus and support After neighborhood outage monitors have no signal and pc is loud when starting up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; alright so, today I had a neighborhood unscheduled outage, my custom built pc was plugged into a power strip which I’m pretty sure has a surge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Insvq, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Insvq Win User

After neighborhood outage monitors have no signal and pc is loud when starting up

alright so, today I had a neighborhood unscheduled outage, my custom built pc was plugged into a power strip which I’m pretty sure has a surge protector built in and that power strip was plugged into a socket during the outage put the pc was not on, after the outage which lasted 10 to maybe 30 minutes I waited an extra 30 mins before turning on my pc, When I clicked the start button the first time nothing happened so I just clicked the button 6 to 8 times before it came on, when I turned on my pc the normal fan sounds started and my lights in my pc began to light up but then here’s where it de

:)

Insvq, Apr 15, 2022

2. After power outage PC turns on, but there is 'no signal' on the monitor.

After a power blackout, I powered up my PC. It turned on but there was 'no signal' on the monitor. Then it just goes to sleep. My lap top and iPhone work fine. Unplugging and plugging didn't work. Besides getting a new computer or taking PC to hardware
    tech, is there any other home remedy?

dennis ayon MD, Apr 15, 2022
  3. Monitor not receiving signal from pc after using hdmi passthrough

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

HDMI Pass-Through does not work with all devices. Before attempting to set up an HDMI Pass-Through connection, you should make sure the source of the signal such as a Blu-ray player or Set Top Box, supports HDMI Pass-Through.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Did you try a different HDMI cable to connect your PC to the monitor?
    2. When you say "my pc will not display to my monitor", are you able to see any error message on it? For example: 'No signal'.

Meanwhile, try the below suggestions and check if this helps.

• If your monitor has an option in the Menu Button to switch the
      Input Source to HDMI Port, I would suggest you to try it.
    • Try completely disconnecting your Xbox from the computer and just connect your computer to the monitor and check if you are able to see the display on the monitor.
    • Make sure your display is plugged in and turned on.
    • Unplug the video cable from both your display and PC, and then reconnect them firmly. After you reconnect the video cable, try moving your mouse on your display.
    • Try connecting to different video outputs on your PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent to a different display adapter or output.
    • If you have your own display adapter installed and connected to your display,
      try connecting your display to the built-in video on the motherboard.
    • Check for damaged HDMI cable, loose connections, or faulty adapters.

Hope it helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 15, 2022
  4. After neighborhood outage monitors have no signal and pc is loud when starting up

Windows 10 Update Installed & Now No Signal to Monitor

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your monitor's signal, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "signal", are you referring to the Internet?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

After neighborhood outage monitors have no signal and pc is loud when starting up

1. After neighborhood outage monitors have no signal and pc is loud when starting up - Similar Threads - neighborhood outage monitors

2. Pc on but no signal to monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc on but no signal to monitor.: I got a 2nd hand pc just recently and I decided to play on it for a bit. It was working fine for a few hours but then it suddenly crashed and had to restart. I restarted it but then it got stuck on the boot screen so I force restarted. Now the pc is onLights,fans etc. On but...
  3. Pc on but no signal to monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc on but no signal to monitor.: I got a 2nd hand pc just recently and I decided to play on it for a bit. It was working fine for a few hours but then it suddenly crashed and had to restart. I restarted it but then it got stuck on the boot screen so I force restarted. Now the pc is onLights,fans etc. On but...
  4. Pc on but no signal to monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. After neighborhood outage monitors have no signal and pc is loud when starting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After neighborhood outage monitors have no signal and pc is loud when starting up: alright so, today I had a neighborhood unscheduled outage, my custom built pc was plugged into a power strip which I’m pretty sure has a surge protector built in and that power strip was plugged into a socket during the outage put the pc was not on, after the outage which...
  6. After neighborhood outage monitors have no signal and pc is loud when starting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After neighborhood outage monitors have no signal and pc is loud when starting up: alright so, today I had a neighborhood unscheduled outage, my custom built pc was plugged into a power strip which I’m pretty sure has a surge protector built in and that power strip was plugged into a socket during the outage put the pc was not on, after the outage which...
  7. Pc keeps restarting/starting without signal on the monitor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pc keeps restarting/starting without signal on the monitor.: Hello. I am experiencing a big problem with my pc. Sometimes it will just restart over and over and only show the biosi think its the bios on the screen like 0.5 seconds then proceed to continue restarting. Other times,it will boot up normally,like everything works,but there...
  8. Pc starting but no power/signal to keyboard, mouse or monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc starting but no power/signal to keyboard, mouse or monitor: Hi, So I've had my gaming pc for a while now. It runs fine but recently did a factory reset and followed this guide afterwards;ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJTCwSX9Ym8&list=WL&index=5&t=0s it was fine and so I left it on just downloading a game a few days later, nothing...
  9. New PC and windows 10 - no signal after start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC and windows 10 - no signal after start up: Just bought my mum a Lenovo IdeaCentre 310s A6 4GB 1TB PC with a Acer K222HQLBID 21.5inch monitor. Loaded up her anti virus and one of my office 365 licences. We spent the morning today going through emails and internet and I left her with it updating windows and shutting...
  10. Monitor losing signal during start-up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor losing signal during start-up: I've been getting issues in the last week while trying to start up my computer. Either my monitor loses its signal during the blue screen with the rotating white dots or my motherboard graphics card is being used instead of the one that my monitors are plugged into. The...