Windows 10: After new system build, Win 10 boots to black screen

Discus and support After new system build, Win 10 boots to black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, When I use the Windows 10 Pro USB Stick and do the Win10 Pro install, it completes successfully. I have video using the GTX 908 TI Lightning,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jeramiah Gladden, Mar 2, 2021.

1. After new system build, Win 10 boots to black screen

Hello,

When I use the Windows 10 Pro USB Stick and do the Win10 Pro install, it completes successfully.
    I have video using the GTX 908 TI Lightning, the machine reboots multiple times during the process, and it makes it all the way to the desktop.

As soon as I reboot the machine, the SSD becomes unresponsive and will not boot to windows.
    My SSD has a drive light on it, and it does not flash during reboot at all. Completely inert. BUT, during the install process, and subsequent reboots, it flashes when it's reading.

I had a working Windows 10 Computer that I wanted to upgrade.
    I purchased a new MB, CPU, Cooling fan/heat sink, and RAM. I've replaced what I've bought new and
    I've kept Case, Pwr Supply, SSD, and GPU.

My System as it stands:

MSI Z490-A Pro Motherboard

Intel, 10th Gen Core i7-10700k LGA1200

MSI GTX 908 TI Lightning

32GB 2x16 G.Skill DDR4 Aegis 3000Mhz PC4-24000 CL16 Dual Channel Memory

OWC 240GB Mercury Electra 6G SSD 2.5" Serial-ATA 7mm Solid State Drive

I have other peripherals but don't have anything else installed but the above.

Problem: After a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on the SSD using SATA connection, on reboot, the drive becomes unresponsive and does not boot into windows.
    If I go through the Windows 10 install process again, it works perfectly and makes it to the desktop where I'm able to use it normally... but as soon as I reboot the machine, I get a black screen, the drive doesn't flash and I'm able to hard power down my computer with a single press of the power button, which indicates it's not booting into windows behind the black screen

Steps to resolve:

I appreciate any help, To help with the process I've followed @Greg Carmack's list of things to do from nearly every reply that is even remotely close to my issue.

My SSD is in the boot menu

My SSD is UEFI Formatted

My USB Drive is Windows 10 Pro/Home

I've booted with 1 stick of RAM, with 2, and changing positions.

I have no fast boot options selected in my BIOS

Currently using AHCI, UEFI is enabled, and CSM is disabled.

I have cleared the BIOS just for funsies.

I have an older GTX 660 Graphics card that I popped in there just to see and got the same result.

EDIT: I also tried using onboard graphics with the same result. thank you Saltgrass for mentioning this

:)

Jeramiah Gladden, Mar 2, 2021

2. Win 10 Can't boot stuck in black screen with blinking cursor

Yesterday suddenly win 10 stop , then return blue screen with the message win need to repair and we will restarted for you , then win boot into black screen with blinking underscore .
    I try to boot win from usb to use repair but it's return cant repair your pc , then through cmd in troubleshooter from usb I use list disk and its return
    DISK 0 Invalid and its dynamic .
    What should I do I hope the hard disk is not dead yet any suggestions please ??

AbobakrOsman, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/cf3b4559-67d8-40e0-9cf2-ebf4528e1e78

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 2, 2021
  4. After new system build, Win 10 boots to black screen

black screen

Hi Ken,

Black screen usually occurs to a Windows device if the system detected that there are some damaged drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the hardware of the PC before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter any error messages or error codes along with the black screen?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    link. The link serves as a guide on how to address black screen issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

After new system build, Win 10 boots to black screen

1. After new system build, Win 10 boots to black screen - Similar Threads - system build boots

2. Win 10 screen black after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 screen black after startup: HelloWhen i turn on my pc first time a day i see login page and after that there is all black screenI cant do anything so i turn off my pc by holding power button for 10 seconds Then i turn on my pc again and after login i have my desktop and i see everythingIt started...
  3. System lockout - black screen - will not boot up - win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    System lockout - black screen - will not boot up - win 10: Hello everyone - I am desperate for help - Ver Win 10 - I know that Incredimail shut down however I was still successfully using it until I inadvertently allowed Microsoft to automatically download KB4577586 on my Acer Laptop which automatically removed Adobe Flash Player...
  4. Black screen after new win 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after new win 10 update: After i downloaded nee update and restarted pc i see only Black screen please help submitted by /u/FalesnyNemo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2r44u/black_screen_after_new_win_10_update/
  5. Win 10 black screen after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 black screen after boot: I don't want to be here with trouble, but alas I am So I have been running dual boot, win 7 and win 10. Today I rebooted from win 7 to win 10 and got a black screen in win 10 - no mouse. This was right after I selected Win 10 boot (just before the wallpaper screen) I...
  6. Win 10 Black screen after screen saver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Black screen after screen saver: I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS build 19042.630. I just installed this about a week ago. The install seemed to go ok but now sometimes when I come out of my screen saver I get a black screen with only my mouse curser showing. Nothing but a reboot will fix this issue...
  7. Black screen on fresh install of win 10 pro on new build.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on fresh install of win 10 pro on new build.: Doing a bootable usb install on a 1tb hdd that was in old pc, got thru all the install screens. But stuck on the blue windows logo and the round install circle. Then the screen blacks. The hdd light is slowly blinking. I reboot it and the win logo will display with install...
  8. NEW BUILD win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEW BUILD win 10: has microsoft released a new iso for windows 10 today 7124
  9. New system build, new long boot times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New system build, new long boot times: So this one I've done a lot of searching on and I haven't found an answer that's worked for me, yet. Last week I got a new motherboard, processor, and RAM. I installed the new components followed by a fresh install of Windows 10, got it activated, everything seemed good......
  10. Win 7/Win 10 new system build

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 7/Win 10 new system build: Had retail win 7 pro installed on two existing systems. Upgraded both systems to free Win 10. Planning on building new system. If I install win 7, will I be eligible for free Win10 upgrade? 60626