Windows 10: after new Windows 10 update won't allow me to print PDF

Discus and support after new Windows 10 update won't allow me to print PDF in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the new update, I am unable to print PDF files. I was just able to last week.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MSmith0010, Apr 19, 2019.

1. after new Windows 10 update won't allow me to print PDF

After the new update, I am unable to print PDF files. I was just able to last week.

:)

MSmith0010, Apr 19, 2019

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF, troublesome T attribute

Use BulkFileChanger (from Nirsoft) or PowerShell command to unset "T" attribute. More here:

Windows Search Not Listing Microsoft Print to PDF Files - The Winhelponline Blog :

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/search-not-indexing-pdf-ms-print-to-pdf/

Related Links

MS Print to PDF adds the "T" (temporary) attribute when writing to PDF which causes Windows Search to skip the file.

Microsoft Print to PDF, troublesome T attribute

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/103237

fsutil | oasysadmin

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 19, 2019
  4. after new Windows 10 update won't allow me to print PDF

PDF won't print

Hi Bruce,

A software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to print PDF files. Since you've mentioned that you're able to print other files, it's possible that the PDF reader app that you're using is outdated or corrupted. We'd like to know a few
    things so we can better address your concern.

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to print PDF files?
    • How are you trying to print PDF files?
    • What's the default printer set up on your computer?

after new Windows 10 update won't allow me to print PDF a6501034-63b8-47bc-81bc-c7cb3da2274a?upload=true.png

In the meantime, for us to troubleshoot your printing issue, we suggest updating the PDF reader app that you're using. We also suggest updating your printer driver. To so do, refer to the steps provided on this
    link. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

after new Windows 10 update won't allow me to print PDF

1. after new Windows 10 update won't allow me to print PDF - Similar Threads - update won't allow

2. Help me print a pdf booklet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me print a pdf booklet.: I need to print a pdf in booklet form. All the instructions I find online seem to apply to the Adobe pdf reader. However, because I run Windows in S Mode, I cannot install the Adobe reader. Surely the Edge pdf reader can accomplish the same thing, but I can't seem to figure...
  3. My Adobe PDF won't print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Adobe PDF won't print: I was trying to print something from my Adobe PDF reader, but it keeps freezing and won't respond. Is there any other PDF reader I can download that will work better? I'm getting pretty tired of Adobe. Unless you pay, their stuff won't work. Yes I've rebooted and it...
  4. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex: I have created a presentation in Open Office, and want to create a PDF of handouts. I create a PDF via print to printer "Microsoft Print to PDF". That creates a PDF file. The problem I have is this - when I open the PDF in Acrobat Reader and then try to print a copy,...
  5. Printer won't print PDF Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer won't print PDF Files: I downloaded Windows 10 update version 2004 yesterday now my Cannon 4820 printer will not print any PDF files from the website or from File Explorer. I have the latest driver for the printer. I ran the printer troubleshooter and was able to print out a test page. What can...
  6. Why won't windows 10 process a pdf print job?

Why won't windows 10 process a pdf print job?: I am having nothing but problems trying to print pdfs from brand new windows 10 machines on a brand new high end business class toshiba printer. The thread describing the same infuriating issue that goes all the way back to 2015 has been locked for comment and the issue still...
  7. Windows 10 won't print after update

Windows 10 won't print after update: Hi everyone. My PC was running Windows 7. On Friday I installed Windows 10 (not an upgrade but a clean install). On Saturday I installed Office, and was able to print. But I noticed when I shut down on Saturday evening, Windows was configuring (i.e. installing updates)....
  8. Notepad not allowing me to print

Notepad not allowing me to print: Up until now, I have no problem printing from Notepad. However, yesterday when I tried to print a file, I keep on getting an error that says "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." I am running on Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. I am the...
  9. Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex

Microsoft Print to PDF won't print automatic duplex: I have a printer that does automatic duplex printing. I am working with others who also have printers with automatic duplex printing. I am preparing a booklet for an event we are having.. We were going to each 1/3 of the necessary copies on each of our printers. On 3/3, I...
  10. Can't Print to PDF after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Print to PDF after Windows 10 Update: My Windows 10 recently updated & now the "Print to PDF" option is gone from my print options?... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-to-pdf-after-windows-10-update/62ad2663-3167-4d6c-a756-50d71fb65673

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pdf wont allow print

2. computer wont print pdf files after windows update

3. new windows update wont allow me to print

4. win 10 wont print pdf files,
  5. no print to pdf after upgrade to windows 10