Windows 10: [After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead...

Discus and support [After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, Had this problem since the most recent major windows update. Essentially, when I've plugged my headset in the jack in my laptop I can hear audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamTemple22, Oct 7, 2019.

1. [After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead...

Hey,

Had this problem since the most recent major windows update. Essentially, when I've plugged my headset in the jack in my laptop I can hear audio from the computer through my headset but it resorts to using my laptop mic instead of my headset mic when I speak. My laptop has a single jack for mic/headphones.

I have tried:

- Reinstalling my audio driver and this fixed the problem for one day, and then the same issue appeared again (likely not the headset's problem then?).

- Updating my audio drivers

- Checking my headset's mute button is off

- Making sure my audio manager launches on startup through task manager

Things that may be causing an issue:

- My headset does not appear in the recording section of the sound control panel (yes I've checked disconnected/disabled devices are selected)

- Even after reinstalling RealTek HD Audio Manager, the icon on my control panel under all control panel items is called "HD Audio Manager" not "RealTek HD Audio Manager"

- RealTek Audio Manager does not appear in the system tray, despite being told to launch on startup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, been trying to fix this issue for a while.

:)

WilliamTemple22, Oct 7, 2019

2. [After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead of headset mic.

Hey, thanks a lot for the quick response.

In the recording tab with the headset plugged in, the headset mic does not appear as an option. I have a choice between microphone array (laptop mic?) and stereo mix.

Not sure how to get windows to recognise it as a headset, I was given the option yesterday to tell windows that I had plugged in a headset (maybe why it worked yesterday?) but this option did not appear today.

Thanks,

Will

EDIT: And no I have no need for my laptop mic.

WilliamTemple22, Oct 10, 2019
  3. [After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead of headset mic.

Hey,

Had this problem since the most recent major windows update. Essentially, when I've plugged my headset in the jack in my laptop I can hear audio from the computer through my headset but it resorts to using my laptop mic instead of my headset mic when I speak.
    My laptop has a single jack for mic/headphones.

I have tried:

- Reinstalling my audio driver and this fixed the problem for one day, and then the same issue appeared again (likely not the headset's problem then?).

- Updating my audio drivers

- Checking my headset's mute button is off

- Making sure my audio manager launches on startup through task manager

Things that may be causing an issue:

- My headset does not appear in the recording section of the sound control panel (yes I've checked disconnected/disabled devices are selected)

- Even after reinstalling RealTek HD Audio Manager, the icon on my control panel under all control panel items is called "HD Audio Manager" not "RealTek HD Audio Manager"

- RealTek Audio Manager does not appear in the system tray, despite being told to launch on startup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, been trying to fix this issue for a while.

4. [After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead...

[After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead of headset mic.

Hello,

It's no problem that you may have missed out the steps I've already tried, I'm sure you go through a lot of requests and it's good anyway to double check these things.

I am a little unsure of what you mean by audio device, if you are referring to the headset it doesn't come up in device manager at all, yet provides audio through the headphones normally (just uses laptop mic instead of headset mic).

If you weren't referring to that, I've attached the information in device manager to do with sound in general.

Really do appreciate the help.

Will

[After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead... 01833543-3360-4ec7-93f7-cbec12015968?upload=true.png

Thema:

[After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead...

1. [After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead... - Similar Threads - update headset plugged

2. How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic?: Hello, I am currently using a laptop with a dual audio port (one for audio output and one for audio input - microphone). Last week I bought the HyperX Cloud Earbuds, its mic worked perfectly on my mobile phone but didn't work as well on the laptop. I bought a audio splitting...
  3. Headset not being recognized when plugged into laptop

Headset not being recognized when plugged into laptop: I've been having an issue for a couple of weeks now, where I can't seem to get my headset to work properly. Whenever I plug it into my computer, the sound will work fine (audio comes out of the headset instead of the laptop speakers), but the mic doesn't get used (mic on the...
  4. laptop is using internal mic while headset is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop is using internal mic while headset is plugged in.: Recently, i had a problem, my mic volume was too low. tutorials told me to reinstall realtek audio manager. now the problem is fixed but my laptop is using my internal microphone and jnot the one on my headset. i have had this problem before and i solved it by watching a...
  5. Headset and mic are shown as plugged in but they are not

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headset and mic are shown as plugged in but they are not: I use Turtlebeach Recon 50 headset and microphone. Since the last week I’ve encountered an issue because my computer shows this headset and mic as plugged in but they are not. When I plug in the headset, I have a problem with sound because it comes through the headset but...
  6. Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in

Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in: Hello, I've been having this issue where my headset and microphone (Turtlebeach Recon 50) is showing as plugged in when disconnected. When plugging in, sound comes through the headset but no sound goes the microphone. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers multiple times...
  7. Headset Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Mic: I recently just built a new pc. Everything was fine until I plugged in my Astro A 10 headphones and the mic that is already on wasn't detected. Any solutions/answers on how to get my mic to be recognized? I have Windows 10 64 bit. I have yet to activate windows yet though....
  8. Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic

Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic: Hi all, I've had this problem for a while now where no matter what kind of earbuds I'm wearing, the default recording device is always the built-in microphone on my laptop. I've opened up recording settings and I don't see a specific device listed as the in-line mic built...
  9. Headset mic

Headset mic: im a pc gamer and i like to talk to my friends while playing, but to do so i have to use an xbox controller, because when i plug my headset into the jack on my pc, the sound works but not the mic. and i went into the sounds control panel, and the mic says that the input is...
  10. How to use headset with mic

How to use headset with mic: i just bought a headset which has a built in mic (one you can plug and unplug from the left earcup) and i can't figure out how to use it. i plug it into one audio jack and i only get the audio (not the mic) another one, and i get the mic and not the audio. am i being stupid?...