Windows 10: [After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead...

Discus and support [After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, Had this problem since the most recent major windows update. Essentially, when I've plugged my headset in the jack in my laptop I can hear audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamTemple22, Oct 7, 2019.

1. [After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead...

Hey,

Had this problem since the most recent major windows update. Essentially, when I've plugged my headset in the jack in my laptop I can hear audio from the computer through my headset but it resorts to using my laptop mic instead of my headset mic when I speak. My laptop has a single jack for mic/headphones.

I have tried:

- Reinstalling my audio driver and this fixed the problem for one day, and then the same issue appeared again (likely not the headset's problem then?).

- Updating my audio drivers

- Checking my headset's mute button is off

- Making sure my audio manager launches on startup through task manager

Things that may be causing an issue:

- My headset does not appear in the recording section of the sound control panel (yes I've checked disconnected/disabled devices are selected)

- Even after reinstalling RealTek HD Audio Manager, the icon on my control panel under all control panel items is called "HD Audio Manager" not "RealTek HD Audio Manager"

- RealTek Audio Manager does not appear in the system tray, despite being told to launch on startup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, been trying to fix this issue for a while.

:)

WilliamTemple22, Oct 7, 2019

2. [After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead of headset mic.

Hey, thanks a lot for the quick response.

In the recording tab with the headset plugged in, the headset mic does not appear as an option. I have a choice between microphone array (laptop mic?) and stereo mix.

Not sure how to get windows to recognise it as a headset, I was given the option yesterday to tell windows that I had plugged in a headset (maybe why it worked yesterday?) but this option did not appear today.

Thanks,

Will

EDIT: And no I have no need for my laptop mic.

WilliamTemple22, Oct 10, 2019
  3. [After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead of headset mic.

Hey,

Had this problem since the most recent major windows update. Essentially, when I've plugged my headset in the jack in my laptop I can hear audio from the computer through my headset but it resorts to using my laptop mic instead of my headset mic when I speak.
    My laptop has a single jack for mic/headphones.

I have tried:

- Reinstalling my audio driver and this fixed the problem for one day, and then the same issue appeared again (likely not the headset's problem then?).

- Updating my audio drivers

- Checking my headset's mute button is off

- Making sure my audio manager launches on startup through task manager

Things that may be causing an issue:

- My headset does not appear in the recording section of the sound control panel (yes I've checked disconnected/disabled devices are selected)

- Even after reinstalling RealTek HD Audio Manager, the icon on my control panel under all control panel items is called "HD Audio Manager" not "RealTek HD Audio Manager"

- RealTek Audio Manager does not appear in the system tray, despite being told to launch on startup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, been trying to fix this issue for a while.

4. [After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead...

[After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead of headset mic.

Hello,

It's no problem that you may have missed out the steps I've already tried, I'm sure you go through a lot of requests and it's good anyway to double check these things.

I am a little unsure of what you mean by audio device, if you are referring to the headset it doesn't come up in device manager at all, yet provides audio through the headphones normally (just uses laptop mic instead of headset mic).

If you weren't referring to that, I've attached the information in device manager to do with sound in general.

Really do appreciate the help.

Will

[After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead... 01833543-3360-4ec7-93f7-cbec12015968?upload=true.png

Thema:

[After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead...

1. [After new windows update] When headset is plugged in, it still uses the laptop mic instead... - Similar Threads - update headset plugged

2. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  3. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  4. My laptop uses the in built mic instead of my headset mic after a windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop uses the in built mic instead of my headset mic after a windows update: I am using a acer laptop and a hyperx cloud stinger headset. before the latest windows 10 update as of this post 31/7/21, i had the option to update to this version because the previous one would run out of security updates soon. I chose to update it but found out that after...
  5. Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic: Hi, so I've had this problem for a while now and having trouble finding a solution. When I go into my sound settings, I don't even see my headset there, only the built in mic. Any suggestions would be appreciated. submitted by /u/theinevitable420 [link] [comments]...
  6. Laptop using in built mic instead of headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop using in built mic instead of headset: So I tried fixing my mic to use primarily on discord, but I realized that the mic is inputting from the built in mic instead of the headset I had plugged in. I tried to unplug and plug in, restarting my laptop and turning on and off privacy settings. On top of this the only...
  7. Laptop is using a built in mic instead of my headset

Laptop is using a built in mic instead of my headset: so my Laptop is using my built-in mic instead of my headset Rig 500 if that helps And my laptop mic is half broken so sometime it will sound like beeps and hoops and others it will go silent and sometimes it will be normal, if i could get any help that would be great...
  8. Laptop would use default laptop's mic instead of headset's mic

Laptop would use default laptop's mic instead of headset's mic: I have aDell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 10 installed. I have two headsets, aHyperX Cloud Alpha and HyperX Cloud 2. To specified, both headsets only haveone 3.5mm jack as output and my laptop only haveone 3.5mm hole input seen below. They're both plug-n-play, so...
  9. laptop is using internal mic while headset is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop is using internal mic while headset is plugged in.: Recently, i had a problem, my mic volume was too low. tutorials told me to reinstall realtek audio manager. now the problem is fixed but my laptop is using my internal microphone and jnot the one on my headset. i have had this problem before and i solved it by watching a...
  10. Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in

Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in: Hello, I've been having this issue where my headset and microphone (Turtlebeach Recon 50) is showing as plugged in when disconnected. When plugging in, sound comes through the headset but no sound goes the microphone. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers multiple times...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headset working when plugged in on start up only

2. head set plugged in windows still using laptop mic

3. plugged in headset selected headphones instead of headset