Windows 10: After newest update (1909), Windows keeps becoming unresponsive?

Discus and support After newest update (1909), Windows keeps becoming unresponsive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't even control alt delete to look into it. Windows is running (3700x, 32gb ram, rtx 2070, 1tb wd black nvme) and I just have chrome opened and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sorry_Sorry_Im_Sorry, May 29, 2020.

1. After newest update (1909), Windows keeps becoming unresponsive?

I can't even control alt delete to look into it. Windows is running (3700x, 32gb ram, rtx 2070, 1tb wd black nvme) and I just have chrome opened and windows keeps freezing. Earlier today I installed the big new Windows feature update that rolled out and my issues have begun since that time. I'm not wanting to do a fresh install unless I have to because of my plex server running. I just had to do a hard restart though.

OS is Windows 10 Pro with version 1909 and let me know if you need the os build.

submitted by /u/Sorry_Sorry_Im_Sorry
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sorry_Sorry_Im_Sorry, May 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 29, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 29, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

After newest update (1909), Windows keeps becoming unresponsive?

Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, May 29, 2020
Thema:

After newest update (1909), Windows keeps becoming unresponsive?

1. After newest update (1909), Windows keeps becoming unresponsive? - Similar Threads - newest update 1909

2. My bluetooth keeps becoming unresponsive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bluetooth keeps becoming unresponsive in Windows 10: I have been trying to troubleshoot bluetooth in Windows 10 for a couple of days. The adapter is Intel built into Alienware Alpha R2Every time I reset my computer it starts working again, but usually for an hour or less. I can also make the problem return if I simply try...
  3. My bluetooth keeps becoming unresponsive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My bluetooth keeps becoming unresponsive in Windows 10: I have been trying to troubleshoot bluetooth in Windows 10 for a couple of days. The adapter is Intel built into Alienware Alpha R2Every time I reset my computer it starts working again, but usually for an hour or less. I can also make the problem return if I simply try...
  4. My bluetooth keeps becoming unresponsive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows has become unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has become unresponsive.: I was trying to end a different task via Task Manager accidentally ended a process called Windows Explorer. I had a black screen and I turned the computer off than on again and after I entered the password the entire system froze and became unresponsive exept for the mouse. I...
  6. Windows newest Feature update of 1909 version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows newest Feature update of 1909 version: OS build : 18363, version : 1909 I have updated my PC on 18/10/2020. Since then I am facing many problems, They are as follows: 1. My startwindows button won't work cortana, search button. 2. I am not able to access any Window Applications. 3. Moreover, I can't even...
  7. Windows 10 1909 computer unresponsive after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1909 computer unresponsive after update: When I install the latest Windows 10 1909 update on my laptop Windows 10 Windows version 1809 OS build 17763.1282 Asus model G74SX-TH71, it goes to the login screen and I login then my desktop is blank I see the start menu on the bottem and the tasks on the right is blank, it...
  8. Windows keeps becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps becoming unresponsive: I recently upgraded my CPU, motherboard and ram and upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I'm using a dual monitor setup and have a graphics card installed. I keep having an issue every couple of hours where my computer will start to run very slow. Then after about a...
  9. File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer becomes unresponsive after update to 1903: My laptop was updated to Version 1903 of Windows 10 a day or 2 ago. Now when I start File Explorer, it starts as usual but as soon as I click on anything in the Navigation Pane e.g. to open a folder or expand part of a folder tree, it becomes completely unresponsive and shows...
  10. TASK BAR GLITCH AFTER NEWEST UPDATE: After newest update my hidden icons have become...

in Windows 10 Customization
    TASK BAR GLITCH AFTER NEWEST UPDATE: After newest update my hidden icons have become...: My hidden icons are blurry and all of them are not showing. It's like some of them got hidden behind the taskbar. Before the update, it use to work fine. But the newest update caused this. Can someone please help me. It's so annoying, I'm not able to close bg apps due to this...