Windows 10: After newest update specific applications are always on top

Discus and support After newest update specific applications are always on top in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Before today, any window I would open would appear above the other in the order that they were opened like if you had a chrome window up but then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joshplombr, Apr 25, 2021.

1. After newest update specific applications are always on top

Before today, any window I would open would appear above the other in the order that they were opened like if you had a chrome window up but then opened file explorer, the file explorer window would appear above it as usual. But now, specific windows such as my chrome windows always appear on top of other windows like file explorer so I have to minimize my chrome window to see my files or whatever else. I downloaded a "AlwaysOnTop" hotkey script so I could fix the issue but its a slight inconvenience because any window I open that always appears on top, I have to run the hotkey, same with an

:)

Joshplombr, Apr 25, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Windows Mobile Device Center on Desk Top

Since you already tried the compatibility settings and other troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you uninstall the newest update to isolate the issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type in Programs and Features and select the top most result.
    • On the left menu, select View installed updates.
    • Right click on the newest update and click Uninstall.

Monitor the Windows Mobile Device Center and see if there are any changes. If possible, try to reinstall the update and see if the Windows Mobile Device Center will still work.

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Apr 25, 2021
  4. After newest update specific applications are always on top

Volume for one specific application is too low (Win 10)

Hi Jon,

As the game is downloaded from Windows Store, I suggest you to run the Windows Store, I suggest you run the Windows Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

After newest update specific applications are always on top

1. After newest update specific applications are always on top - Similar Threads - newest update specific

2. Window always on top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window always on top: Recently One of my programs has changed to be "always on top" of other windows - when I click on another window or pop up windows from the program they always go behind the window - forcing me to minimize the main window.Is there a way to disable this feature.Currently using...
  3. Window always on top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window always on top: Recently One of my programs has changed to be "always on top" of other windows - when I click on another window or pop up windows from the program they always go behind the window - forcing me to minimize the main window.Is there a way to disable this feature.Currently using...
  4. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window always on the top: Hi,a software with PID 11068 is displyaing on the top of all other windows and I can't work. It displays a message "504 bad gateway".I can't minimize it because it doesn't appear in the taskbar, but i can only find it in task manager "details".How do you think I can make it...
  5. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window always on the top: Hi,a software with PID 11068 is displyaing on the top of all other windows and I can't work. It displays a message "504 bad gateway".I can't minimize it because it doesn't appear in the taskbar, but i can only find it in task manager "details".How do you think I can make it...
  6. Window always on the top

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. After restart specific applications are always on top

After restart specific applications are always on top: Before today, any window I would open would appear above the other in the order that they were opened like if you had a chrome window up but then opened file explorer, the file explorer window would appear above it as usual. But now, specific windows such as my chrome windows...
  8. D:\ drive always disappeared after updated to newest Window 10 Version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    D:\ drive always disappeared after updated to newest Window 10 Version: I am having some problem with my desktop Window 10. D:\ drive in PC got missing after updating to the newest Window 10 version. I restarted the PC after updating,D:\ is not available. pop-up and the D: drive disappeared, it did not show in the device manager as well. But when...
  9. Always On Top

Always On Top: Is there a way to keep a screen on top of other windows in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/always-on-top/6fe06a63-18e8-4ef7-b0d4-75658cda3397
  10. Taskbar Always On Top

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Always On Top: As of yesterday, the Taskbar on my Windows 10 install is always on top. No updates were installed yesterday or the past week so its not related to an update. I'm guessing some registry entry is messing things up. Any ideas? 67895