Windows 10: After November update computer goes to lock screen on own

Discus and support After November update computer goes to lock screen on own in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Prior to this update I could and did leave my computer running all day and night and when I come back to it I am always at the desktop, now I sit down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wjbodin3, Nov 18, 2015.

1. wjbodin3 Win User

After November update computer goes to lock screen on own

Prior to this update I could and did leave my computer running all day and night and when I come back to it I am always at the desktop, now I sit down and move the mouse and I am back at the lock then login screen.

I have checked all the power and screen saver settings and none have go to lock screen enabled what am I missing?

:)

wjbodin3, Nov 18, 2015

2. Lock screen doesn't respond to keyboard following Nov. update

Thanks Ashish,

I have created a new power plan, selected it and then restarted Windows.

However I still experience that the lock screen sometimes does not respond to keypress except the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination. So creating a new power plan did not remedy the issue.

I have done some extra searching on the issue, and it seems to be a well known "feature" of the November update.

Here is another thread for IT Pro's describing the exact same issue after the November update:

Lock
    screen won't slide up on while using keyboard after the november update for Windows 10

Note: The issue also appears on the built in keyboard of an Acer laptop. Also note the reply indicating that this is a known bug with no timeframe for resolution.

And some other threads in this forum:

I have now decided to use the Ctrl-Alt-Del workaround until the issue is somehow fixed, others may prefer the mouse or disabling the pre-lock screen.

Ole Frost :), Nov 18, 2015
  3. Lock screen will not go away with any key press

After the November update I can no longer clear the lock screen by pressing any key, I have to click with the mouse or slide the lock screen up with the mouse. When I press a key while on the lock screen, it just bounces the image up and back down. Did
    the updates take away the ability to use any key? If it did, or if there is no way to fix it, can I use a restore point to get rid of the November update?

BrandonRussell_893, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

After November update computer goes to lock screen on own

1. After November update computer goes to lock screen on own - Similar Threads - November update computer

2. Computer Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer Lock Screen: Hello, So I’ve had this problem with my Windows 10 PC where I log into my account, it bring me to the tab I was previously on, but then brings me back to my lock screen after a second. I’ve restarted it multiple times, but nothing I have tried works. Does anyone know how to...
  3. On Screen notification Computer Locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    On Screen notification Computer Locked: Yesterday, I think I was scammed into buying a service for my computer by Customer Centric Constultant Ltd. I got a message on my computer screen that I was locked and it happened 2 times so I called the number on the screen 855-283-9565 and I gave the person who answered...
  4. Screen does not respond after locking computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen does not respond after locking computer: After locking computer using Windows + L, the screen remains turned on for about 2 minutes and then goes black and does not respond to any key or mouse movement. I have to force restart it every time this happens. I have tried following with no avail - 1. Use powercfg...
  5. Locked Computer Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked Computer Screen: I have realised that I have been scammed, thought I was talking to Microsoft about my computer being locked. Now that they have my information could you kindly advise what I can do to protect my computer from any further violations from these people. I feel pretty stupid...
  6. Lock screen oddities after April update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen oddities after April update.: Okay so after April I have noticed that the lock screen upon boot up or restart sometimes, the lock screen will blink the time and date after coming up. It only happens for a sec though. So to test if it would happen upon wake up from sleep, I re enabled password upon wake to...
  7. screen saver goes to black screen and locks

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen saver goes to black screen and locks: I am having a problem setting a screen saver on my new Windows 10. When setting a screen saver and selecting "Preview" or setting a screen saver and having it go to it at the appropriate time limit, the screen saver displays properly. However, when hitting a key or mouse...
  8. Cortana from lock screen stays on screen after computer is unlocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana from lock screen stays on screen after computer is unlocked: Whenever my laptop wakes up from sleep and shows the lock screen, I click and type in my PIN as normal. But on the lock screen at the top right, there's a Cortana box usually giving an example of what I can do, like 'tap and say remind me to water the plants when I get home'....
  9. Lock screen bypassed on its own?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen bypassed on its own?: Hello, Recently i notice that i am not being presented with the lock screen initially before the login screen. I don't recall doing anything to bypass the lock screen. Any idea how to get the lock screen back please? Thanks, Troy. 20680
  10. pc goes not in sleep mode after november update

in Windows 10 Support
    pc goes not in sleep mode after november update: hi My pc with windows 10 pro version 1511 goes not in sleep mode. When i press the sleepbutton on the keyboard it worksd. Set i the pc so that i must go to sleepmode after 1 min. The screen will be black but he pc does not go to sleep Why? Befor the november update...