Windows 10: After November update computer goes to lock screen on own

Discus and support After November update computer goes to lock screen on own in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Prior to this update I could and did leave my computer running all day and night and when I come back to it I am always at the desktop, now I sit down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wjbodin3, Nov 18, 2015.

1. wjbodin3 Win User

After November update computer goes to lock screen on own

Prior to this update I could and did leave my computer running all day and night and when I come back to it I am always at the desktop, now I sit down and move the mouse and I am back at the lock then login screen.

I have checked all the power and screen saver settings and none have go to lock screen enabled what am I missing?

:)

wjbodin3, Nov 18, 2015

2. Lock screen doesn't respond to keyboard following Nov. update

Thanks Ashish,

I have created a new power plan, selected it and then restarted Windows.

However I still experience that the lock screen sometimes does not respond to keypress except the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination. So creating a new power plan did not remedy the issue.

I have done some extra searching on the issue, and it seems to be a well known "feature" of the November update.

Here is another thread for IT Pro's describing the exact same issue after the November update:

Lock
    screen won't slide up on while using keyboard after the november update for Windows 10

Note: The issue also appears on the built in keyboard of an Acer laptop. Also note the reply indicating that this is a known bug with no timeframe for resolution.

And some other threads in this forum:

I have now decided to use the Ctrl-Alt-Del workaround until the issue is somehow fixed, others may prefer the mouse or disabling the pre-lock screen.

Ole Frost :), Nov 18, 2015
  3. Lock screen will not go away with any key press

After the November update I can no longer clear the lock screen by pressing any key, I have to click with the mouse or slide the lock screen up with the mouse. When I press a key while on the lock screen, it just bounces the image up and back down. Did
    the updates take away the ability to use any key? If it did, or if there is no way to fix it, can I use a restore point to get rid of the November update?

BrandonRussell_893, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

After November update computer goes to lock screen on own

1. After November update computer goes to lock screen on own - Similar Threads - November update computer

2. Locked out of my own computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my own computer: Over the weekend I upgraded the CPU in my computer Dell Aurora R10 AMD 5800X3D Little did I know that my login PIN was ties to keys in the CPUs TPM module.When I started up the computer it asked me if I wanted to reset the fTPM, I said yes. When it booted up and on login...
  3. Locked out of my own computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of my own computer: Over the weekend I upgraded the CPU in my computer Dell Aurora R10 AMD 5800X3D Little did I know that my login PIN was ties to keys in the CPUs TPM module.When I started up the computer it asked me if I wanted to reset the fTPM, I said yes. When it booted up and on login...
  4. Locked out of my own computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my own computer: This is a very bad situation. 3 days ago I changed my four digit PIN that Windows requires for me to log in to my user account. But then yesterday I had to reset the computer to a restore point two days before I changed my login pin.When the restore process was finished I was...
  5. Locked out of my own computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of my own computer: This is a very bad situation. 3 days ago I changed my four digit PIN that Windows requires for me to log in to my user account. But then yesterday I had to reset the computer to a restore point two days before I changed my login pin.When the restore process was finished I was...
  6. Screen Goes to lock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen Goes to lock: Whenever i put my laptop in sleep mode for a while, after turning it back on the screen displays locking and I have to turn it back on from shut down . How can I fix it , It didn't happened before but its quite often nowadays....
  7. Computer's Screen goes black then locks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer's Screen goes black then locks: After working remote one day, my PC now after exactly 2 minutes goes to a black screen then locks. I have gone through multiple articals trying to fix this and this is what settings I have set right now: Power Plan Options: Turn off the display: Never Put the computer to...
  8. Computer regularly glitching after November 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer regularly glitching after November 10 update: Hi, my computer has been having these glitches ever since I installed the KB4586781 OS Build 19042.630 of Windows 10 a little over a week ago. The glitch happens every now and then, always after I first turn on my computer and again a while later out of nowhere. During the...
  9. Computer goes to lock screen by itself during gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer goes to lock screen by itself during gaming: I am having a strange issue - my computer randomly goes to lock screen. I have automatic lock screen turned off It happens both when gaming (which is really annoying playing online) and when just using normally. It often happens a few times in a row (after I log back in each...
  10. pc goes not in sleep mode after november update

in Windows 10 Support
    pc goes not in sleep mode after november update: hi My pc with windows 10 pro version 1511 goes not in sleep mode. When i press the sleepbutton on the keyboard it worksd. Set i the pc so that i must go to sleepmode after 1 min. The screen will be black but he pc does not go to sleep Why? Befor the november update...