Windows 10: After October 2018 update the screen size is larger than my display.

Discus and support After October 2018 update the screen size is larger than my display. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated to the October 2018 tonight when it popped up on my screen. After the update, which took forever, my icons in the left most column are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThomFaircloth, Feb 10, 2019.

1. After October 2018 update the screen size is larger than my display.

I updated to the October 2018 tonight when it popped up on my screen. After the update, which took forever, my icons in the left most column are not visible or accessible, nor is the start button. The task bar is below the bottom margin of my display.

When I open MS Edge the min, max, and exit buttons are not visible or accessible. I have to use the task manager to end the task.

Is this a common problem encountered before, or is it only me.

Also how do I restore the computer to the state it was in before this horrible upgrade?

:)

ThomFaircloth, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Pavan1709 Win User

Trouble with font and screen size changing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the link to resolve issue with font size.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or web browser?
    • Are all the device drivers and Windows updates are updated?
    As per the issue description you are facing issue with fonts which get messed up.

In Windows 10, you can now set DPI (Dots per Inch) scaling to make text and other items, such as icons, fonts, and windows, to display larger or smaller for all displays or per-display.

Windows 10 DPI scaling improvements are primarily focused on:

• Optimizing the usability and readability of high-DPI displays
    • Providing a uniform experience multi-display systems
    • Empowering developers to optimize app-specific scaling based on display DPI

If you are running a screen resolution of 1366x768 on a tablet, chances are that UI will look good at 100% DPI settings. But what about when you connect that tablet to an external high resolution display? In Windows 8 you can choose either 100% to
    optimize the UI on the tablet display or up to 150% to optimize the UI on the external display. You have to compromise.

Windows 10 takes care of this issue by supporting
    per-display DPI scaling to address. By default, Windows 8.1 will choose the optimum DPI scaling value for each display based on the value chosen for overall scaling in the control panel.

You can change Modern UI text size by following the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Display.
    • Now change the font size according to your choice.
    Also refer these Microsoft articles:

Get the best display on your monitor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/make-text-screen-larger-smaller/?v=t

I suggest you to follow the link to resolve issue with screen size.

Screen size keeps changing on new Windows 8.1 computer

See if this helps.

Thanks

Pavan1709, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Size of the bars is too large

Hi Peter,

Its' possible that there were changes made on the browser's default text size or desktop display settings. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you try the these methods that can adjust the display size of your desktop and IE.

Method 1: Make text larger or smaller in IE 11.

• Open Internet Explorer and press the Alt key to display the menu bar.
    • Select View, and then select Text size.
    • Choose to make text larger or smaller than the size on the screen.

Method 2. Reduce screen display.

• Right-click anywhere on the desktop.
    • Select Display settings, and then select Advanced settings.
    • Set your screen resolution and hit Save.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Feb 10, 2019
  4. TIGR Win User

After October 2018 update the screen size is larger than my display.

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

Thema:

After October 2018 update the screen size is larger than my display.

1. After October 2018 update the screen size is larger than my display. - Similar Threads - October 2018 update

2. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  3. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size: Hello,So I have this 4TB external SSD that I formatted with exFAT so that it could be compatible with any computer I plug it into.The problem is that most of the files I put on the drive take up much more space on the drive than it should.The "Size on disk" is so much larger...
  4. "Size on disk" is much larger than actual size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. display is larger than my monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display is larger than my monitor: I'm having a problem where my display is larger than my monitor.. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-is-larger-than-my-monitor/70f54546-51c2-4328-b9cf-3d6c2b702d92
  6. display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen?: display is larger than screen size (33 inch). how do i change display size to fit screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-is-larger-than-screen-size-33-inch-how-do/9bab8ff4-8f5f-4ec1-80eb-fd3d95689858
  7. Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Freezes after October 2018 Update: I'm struggling to get my PC build from several years ago running without freezes after the latest automatic updates. The PC has run flawlessly since Windows 10 first became available and now, October 2018 it freezes up. At first I thought it was my old wireless keyboard...
  8. Endless loop after October 2018 update

Endless loop after October 2018 update: i update my PC through your software and nơw it stucked in a endless loop with some “undoing” bla bla ?????????? please help I’m so mad right now MS this was not supposed to happen with an official big update for Window 10...
  9. Endless loop after October 2018 update

Endless loop after October 2018 update: i update my PC through your software and nơw it stucked in a endless loop with some “undoing” bla bla ?????????? please help I’m so mad right now MS this was not supposed to happen with an official big update for Window 10...
  10. picture larger than screen

picture larger than screen: picture is larger than screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/picture-larger-than-screen/7369f263-396f-4c03-8d1f-4a1b0b2c6f13

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iiyama prolite e2607ws windows desktop too large for screen