Windows 10: After "October Update" Edge doesn't save browsing history, Task View doesn't remember anything

Discus and support After "October Update" Edge doesn't save browsing history, Task View doesn't remember anything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This was the second time my machine auto-installed the "October Update". I don't know why it did it a second time. Lots of things got screwed up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RJ Pisscat, Feb 25, 2019.

1. After "October Update" Edge doesn't save browsing history, Task View doesn't remember anything

This was the second time my machine auto-installed the "October Update". I don't know why it did it a second time.

Lots of things got screwed up. This post is about what I say in the title of this post:

*** DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM BEGINS HERE ***

Edge no longer keeps my history. I checked through all the settings and there is nothing in Privacy that is turned off. For example, "Show Search History" is on.

I do not use InPrivate.

Additionally, the Task View (third icon from the left in the tray - there is the Windows icon, the Cortana icon, then Task View) does not record anything, it only shows windows that are currently open.

How do I fix this?

:)

RJ Pisscat, Feb 25, 2019

2. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi,

Thanks for your ideas. I tried exactly as you said but it made absolutely no difference.

I still can`t download, still doesn`t remember login details although it still asks me if I want the details remembered.

Do you or anybody else have any ideas to help. It`s too late now for me to go back to Win 8.1 so I`m stuck with an os that doesn`t work properly.

Thank you.

Graham Laughlan, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

It is now 6 weeks since I upgraded to 10 and Windows Edge still does not work correctly.

I cannot download anything with Edge (or ie11). It includes all sites eg, Microsoft, Logitech, Epson etc.

Dynamic links do not work and it doesn`t remember my log-in details although it asks if I want it to remember them.

Favourites do not get put on the favourites bar although I click on that option.

I have done all the advice I`ve been given, ie disable anti-virus etc.

Why do they have a Windows support tile if it doesn`t work?

Can anybody help me?

Graham Laughlan, Feb 25, 2019
  4. After "October Update" Edge doesn't save browsing history, Task View doesn't remember anything

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites?

Why Edge doesn´t open any Google www-sites? I am able to open the same Google-sites with any other browsers.

kaulahuivi, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

After "October Update" Edge doesn't save browsing history, Task View doesn't remember anything

1. After "October Update" Edge doesn't save browsing history, Task View doesn't remember anything - Similar Threads - October Update Edge

2. TASK VIEW History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TASK VIEW History: My history is not showing in TASK VIEW so unable to retrieve previous windows. Is there a setting I need to change? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-history/891f4cfc-da2e-4b69-b9c2-70c1083a4a31
  3. Windows 10 doesn't remember anything after start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 doesn't remember anything after start up: Hello, How can I make the system remember everything that was opened after I turned it on? I switched from Mac to Windows, and when I turn off the computer, after that I turn it on and it's completely clean. You need to reopen and place on the desktops and adjust the window...
  4. My browses doesn't work but IE and EDGE.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My browses doesn't work but IE and EDGE.: After I upgrade the Win10,my browses doesn't work(can't open any websites),but IE and EDGE. I tried"netsh winsock reset"and reboot,it's not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-browses-doesnt-work-but-ie-and-edge/3914af85-4d49-42bd-a222-814ce6552a08
  5. Edge doesn't work after update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge doesn't work after update: On 12/8/18 I got an update for Windows 10. It was a feature update and now Microsoft Edge doesn't load any web pages. When I open it. I get the following error message: Unable to create content process Error Code: 0x8027025b I posted this on Microsoft forum and they said to...
  6. Run dialog box doesn't remember history

in Windows 10 Support
    Run dialog box doesn't remember history: [img] All of a sudden my Run dialog box is empty. The icons on the left of the image are just part of my desktop. Also, if I put in something like "control printers" or gpedit.msc, they open, but the Run dialog box is empty the next time. I haven't made any updates recently,...
  7. Edge browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browsing history: Hello, I read that to view your browsing history, select Hub > History. But I cannot find the Hub any thoughts? 18307
  8. Browsing History Doesn't Display or Clears

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing History Doesn't Display or Clears: On one of my child accounts the browsing history is not saving in Edge. I've tried a lot of settings and steps including the ones described here, Solved No Browser History in Edge - Windows 10 Forums However, it almost never displays any history. One time I had it save one...
  9. Edge on secondary monitor, doesn't remember location

in Browsers and Email
    Edge on secondary monitor, doesn't remember location: Apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't find a thread ... I'm using Edge and am generally OK with it as an in-development browser. However I tend to keep my browser on my secondary monitor; but every time I open Edge it has forgotten that preference,...
  10. View Browsing History in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Browsing History in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: View Browsing History in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to View Browsing History in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge doesnt save history