Windows 10: After opening an app from taskbar, it automatically closes.

Discus and support After opening an app from taskbar, it automatically closes. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a 10 yr old Dell 540 Desktop 64 bit that was updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ten years ago. I keep it updated (currently at release... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TJB, Jan 7, 2020.

1. TJB
    TJB Win User

After opening an app from taskbar, it automatically closes.

I have a 10 yr old Dell 540 Desktop 64 bit that was updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 ten years ago. I keep it updated (currently at release 1909...latest) I have run sfc scan, Dism, Defender offline scan, defender full and quick scans, along with Malware bytes scan, with no problems. I've poured over taskbar and mouse settings! I've contacted MS Chat, with (0) ZERO results or help, except for a case number. Here's my strange problem. I can open Windows Edge, then open another taskbar app or even a third from the taskbar . After having two or three apps open from the taskbar and showing open on the taskbar as open, if I go to any of the 3 open, as soon as I move the pointer OFF the taskbar, that app closes on my screen. The only way I can get to any of the open apps from the taskbar is to hold down left mouse button, or both mouse buttons and move it up to the open window. If I move it out of that window that app closes on my screen and I have to go to the taskbar and repeat. The only other way to navigate is to use Alt+ab to get to open apps, I cannot do it with the mouse pointer. I have reloaded Windows 10 WITH deleting all apps etc. Did not help... On a scale of 1-10 on the PC as A tech, I'm not a Geek or novice, but a solid 7.5. This just happened out of the blue spontaneously for no apparent reason. I'm at a point even some remote help would be welcomed. I have fixed EVERY problem I've ever had on this PC since I've had it, but this one's got me!!! I've also done a check disk...all ok. Everything works great, no slowdown or other problems of any kind. It's got ME!!!!! MS was pst because I wouldn't send them a screenshot....of what?...a closed window?????? Any help of any kind appreciated, even remote if necessary.

:)

2. Windows Apps automatically closes

hey,

I suggest you to perform the following steps one by one and check if it helps.

• Running the App troubleshooter
    Run the App troubleshooter named Windows store Apps from control Panel and check if it helps.

If not then,

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If still not helps then,

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. After opening an app from taskbar, it automatically closes. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 7, 2020
  4. After opening an app from taskbar, it automatically closes.

News app opens and closes automatically

Hi Salim,

If you are using Internet Explorer and unable to open Facebook then try to trust the website and see if it helps.

Step 1: Open the trusted sites

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Press the Alt key to make the tools menu visible.
    • In the menu, click Tools.
    • Now click Internet Options.
    • Go to the Security tab.
    • Select Trusted sites.
    • Click Sites.

After opening an app from taskbar, it automatically closes. [​IMG]

Step 2:

Add the trusted website

• Enter the address of the website you would like to add.
    • Click Add.
    • Close the opened Trusted Sites and Internet Options
      windows.

After opening an app from taskbar, it automatically closes. [​IMG]

If you are using Facebook app then try to disable proxy server and check if it helps.

If you are using a proxy connection,
    then try disabling proxy and then check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Open Internet Explorer

• Click the Tools button, and then click
      Internet Options

• Click the Connections tab, and then click
      LAN settings

• Uncheck the Use Proxy server.

• Click Apply and Ok to save changes.

Now check if you can access Facebook app.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

After opening an app from taskbar, it automatically closes.

1. After opening an app from taskbar, it automatically closes. - Similar Threads - opening app taskbar

2. store closes automatically after opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    store closes automatically after opening: For some reason my microsoft store close automatically after opening. I can't play my games which requires opening the store since it close itself automatically. Any fix?...
  3. store closes automatically after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    store closes automatically after opening: For some reason my microsoft store close automatically after opening. I can't play my games which requires opening the store since it close itself automatically. Any fix?...
  4. store closes automatically after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. App automatically close!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App automatically close!: Hello everyone!I have a laptop that worked completely fine. But yesterday it has a problem, started with my reading book app - bibliovore when I change the font for the book, and it was loading after that it teleported me back to the home page I don't know if it is related to...
  6. Taskbar Widget and Chat app would close automatically after opening Windows 11

Taskbar Widget and Chat app would close automatically after opening Windows 11: Once I click on the widget and Chat app icon in the taskbar, it would open for a short while content not fully loaded and close automatically. Thus, I cant access widget and Chat from the taskbar. Besides, ,Microsoft TEAMS app would start and close automatically for multiple...
  7. Taskbar Widget and Chat app would close automatically after opening Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Widget and Chat app would close automatically after opening Windows 11: Once I click on the widget and Chat app icon in the taskbar, it would open for a short while content not fully loaded and close automatically. Thus, I cant access widget and Chat from the taskbar. Besides, ,Microsoft TEAMS app would start and close automatically for multiple...
  8. Automatically Closing Folders After Opening It's Contents?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically Closing Folders After Opening It's Contents?: I have a folder that has all of my game shortcuts within it. I was wondering if it was possible, for the folder to close automatically after I open one of the shortcuts within it. submitted by /u/water-is-stop [link] [comments]...
  9. Automatically closing and non opening Apps

Automatically closing and non opening Apps: Voice recorder gets closed automatically when I click on record. X Box game bar never opens on clicking it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-closing-and-non-opening-apps/8c0bf1ab-b0d9-451c-b7fe-2080f008718e
  10. Apps closing automatically

Apps closing automatically: It started a few days ago. Whenever i try to open Camera, Store etc. they close automatically. However i can open apps that i have installed from Store and Settings. 54986