Windows 10: After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep

Discus and support After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I did refresh my Windows 10 with the media creation tool. But no luck. All updates are there. When I close the lid of my laptop it goed in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elrosso, Jun 10, 2017.

1. elrosso Win User

After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep

I did refresh my Windows 10 with the media creation tool. But no luck. All updates are there.

When I close the lid of my laptop it goed in to hibernation / sleeping mode. I open the lid later and press the power buton to get my laptop back to life. It start up and screen goes on for a few seconds and then goes back a sleep. Some times after 3 times it stays on but 10 is also possible.

Shutting down Windows / laptop and complete restart is no problem at all. Anybody a sollution? It started a few weeks ago. Can not remember I installed something or changed the configuration.

Anybody a solution for the on/off problem?

:)

elrosso, Jun 10, 2017

2. Laptop tries to wake from sleep while lid is closed.

Hello,

I have a Gateway NV53A with Windows 10 Home installed. When I close the lid, it goes to sleep normally for a few hours, but after a few hours it will start to get caught in a never ending "wake up loop" i.e. the laptop will try to wake itself up before quickly
    realizing that it can't because the lid is closed. The DVD drive will continuously start to spin up each time. This happens every two or three seconds. The sound of the DVD drive trying to spin up every three seconds is annoying and it also wastes battery.
    Normally, I have to hit a key on the keyboard to wake up the laptop after opening the lid again, but when it's in one of these wake up loops, it successfully wakes itself up upon opening the lid (evidence suggesting it's indeed trying to wake itself up.)

I've tried using the command line to see what devices are permitted to wake up the device, but none were listed. I've also disabled wake on LAN.

The only clue I've been able to find is an error in the system log that reads: "The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S4). This can result in reduced resume performance."

However, I'm not sure this pertains to the specific issue I'm having.

TaylorPinkham, Jun 10, 2017
  3. Wake up laptop from Sleep Mode when opening lid. How to bring it back?

Hi Suvarna,

Thank you again.

My laptop is waking up from Sleep Mode normally, ok? It just won't wake up anymore when I open the lid. I just like to have it back. And It worked well until the first time that the machine entered Sleep Mode with the lid opened and I had to wake up it using
    the Power Button.

Cheers,

Sandri-Philipp, Jun 10, 2017
  4. After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep

Hi elrosso.

Lets first see if hibernation is the problem. (Can't say why the problewm started now, maybe a driver.)

To a command prompt(admin) type

powercfg -h off

This will disable Windows Fast Start Up as well. This is just a test. Test behaviour of sleep.

To turn hibernation back on you type powercfg -h on

I would also head into your advance power options and see what activities are listed for closing lid and power button. Yes you had them set but a little Windows helper may have changed them.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 11, 2017
  5. elrosso Win User
    Hi Ken,

Thank you for your help. At an other forum they helpt me and solved this problem. Thanks again.

elrosso, Jun 13, 2017
  6. Great. Would you mind sharing what the fix was. Thanks

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 14, 2017
  7. elrosso Win User
    I had to use Farbar Recovery Scan Tool with a special script (will not share that due to tailor made). That did the trick.

elrosso, Jun 14, 2017
  8. After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep

Interesting. Take care.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep

1. After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep - Similar Threads - opening lid laptop

2. Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state: when I open my laptop from its sleep state, wifi is disabled for few 10-15 seconds. It happens every time my laptop wakes up, at first I thought it was a windows 11 bug which developers might fix in later updates but problem has been persistent. Any fix?...
  3. Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disabled for few seconds after laptop wakes up from sleep state: when I open my laptop from its sleep state, wifi is disabled for few 10-15 seconds. It happens every time my laptop wakes up, at first I thought it was a windows 11 bug which developers might fix in later updates but problem has been persistent. Any fix?...
  4. Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep: I've been enjoying my laptop doing as the title of this post says. I can put it to sleep or it will go to sleep on its own. In a few minutes, the screen will flash on then it will go back to sleep again. I've gone through the Network Adapters / Keyboard / Mouse and unchecked...
  5. Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed: Hello, hope you can help me when my Asus laptop lid is closed using an outside keyboard and screenand I put it to sleep. when I wish it to wake up, I must open the lid to do so.is there a way to wake it up without open the lid?when it sleeps it does not respond to the outside...
  6. My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid

My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid: Hello, I've purchased a new laptop last week Lenovo ideapad and there's the following problem: the PC wakes up from sleep whenever I open the lid. I DO NOT want my PC to wake up from sleep when opening it. How do I change this? In the Power Options, I HAVE set the Lid...
  7. Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop

Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop: Hello, For my MSI Stealth laptop, I've had the power settings set for quite some time to hibernate when the lid closes, and it has always in the past 'woken up' automatically when the lid is opened. In the past few weeks however, this doesn't happen anymore, and the laptop...
  8. No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately

No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately: My notebook is a Lenovo Z710 running Windows 10 2004. The problem is as follows: If I put the system to standby mode start menu / power symbol / standby and the lid is open, it wakes up immediately. Just to clarify: This happens without touching the lid. As long as the...
  9. Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed

Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed: Since the Windows 10 May 2019 update, the laptop cannot wake up when the lid is opened. The power button lights up and fans start up but the screen stays black and the computer doesn't respond to any button (not even the power button which would normally put it to sleep), or...
  10. After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid

in Windows 10 Support
    After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid: Hello, I have upgraded Windows 7 on my Laptop to Windows 10. Before the upgrade, when I opened the lid, it woke up, but after the upgrade I have to press the button for it to wake up. I've tried looking with "powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any", but can't tell if there is...