Windows 10: After password reset I am always asked for password when saving to OneDrive

Discus and support After password reset I am always asked for password when saving to OneDrive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro, One Drive, MS Office 2016 I changed my password, but when I save MS Office documents to OneDrive, I am always asked to enter my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CalebCrawford, Nov 29, 2018.

1. After password reset I am always asked for password when saving to OneDrive

Windows 10 Pro, One Drive, MS Office 2016

I changed my password, but when I save MS Office documents to OneDrive, I am always asked to enter my password. Only saving, not opening. And only MS documents, not Adobe, Autodesk, or any other company. I'm not sure of what other issues there might be.

I've looked at a lot of threads, and they all seem really complicated for what is probably a simple fix. You WANT me to change my password more often than I do, but if this is the result, you create huge security problems.

One thread suggested I change via Credential Manager. I looked at that and I note the following:

MicrosoftAccount:user=[my user name here]

user name: [my MS account login name]

password: hidden, but I assume it is my new password

OneDrive Cached Credential:

user name: a string of numbers and letters, not my MS account login name

password: is hidden and doesn't have a way to reveal.

Q: in Edit, should the user name be the same as my MS "sign in" (it doesn't ask for my user name - can we please keep our language consistent?)

Q: in Edit, should I enter the new password for my MS account?

WindowsLiveAfter password reset I am always asked for password when saving to OneDrive :(token):name=[my user name here]

user name: [my MS account login name]

password: hidden

Q: should I enter the new password?

MicrosoftOffice16_Data:live:cid=[same string of numbers and letters as OneDrive above]

user name: there is no user name indicated

password: hidden, no way to show

Q: in Edit, should the user name be the same as my MS "sign in" (it doesn't ask for my user name - can we please keep our language consistent?)

Q: in Edit, should I enter the new password for my MS account?

You've wasted 2 hours of my life so far that I will never see again. Google is pretty seamless in this respect, and why is it that MS products don't seem to work with MS. This really wasn't an unusual mucking about. And if I didn't change the password in the right way, why was that even a possibility?

:)

CalebCrawford, Nov 29, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 29, 2018
  4. After password reset I am always asked for password when saving to OneDrive

Please Reset Your TechPowerUp Forums Password

What do I do if the password reset feature doesn't work? My email said my password would no longer work, but when I visited the site I was still logged in and I can log out and the save password feature allows me to log back in. I also cannot manually reset my password.

Frag Maniac, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

After password reset I am always asked for password when saving to OneDrive

1. After password reset I am always asked for password when saving to OneDrive - Similar Threads - password reset always

2. After reset asking for admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After reset asking for admin password: Hi allI'm in the UK and have Lenovo Miix which is surplus to requirements so was planning on wrong wiping and ebaying. I have reset it, but it now asks for an admin name and password. I have owned this from new and only my login details have been on there, so I assume I'm the...
  3. After reset asking for admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After reset asking for admin password: Hi allI'm in the UK and have Lenovo Miix which is surplus to requirements so was planning on wrong wiping and ebaying. I have reset it, but it now asks for an admin name and password. I have owned this from new and only my login details have been on there, so I assume I'm the...
  4. After reset asking for admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. ALWAYS asks for username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALWAYS asks for username and password: I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a...
  6. ALWAYS asks for username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALWAYS asks for username and password: I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a...
  7. Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.: Has anyone figured out how to prevent Windows 10 from requiring a new login after sleep mode? BTW...I don't mind a new sign-in after power restart...that's a good security measure. But why do I need to constantly sign-in on a protected computer that I walked away from for...
  8. Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password: On some websites that I need to log into, Edge does not always ask me if I want to save my password? It works most of the time and does ask, but there are several sites that I frequent where I always have to manually insert my user name and password...would be so much easier...
  9. always ask password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    always ask password: please tell me what to do in order to disable the password from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/always-ask-password/f5a78340-5969-4209-bb88-930f57e9aaed"
  10. Outlook always asks for a password...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook always asks for a password...: hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager. Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back. So this must have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. always have to enter password for onedrive

2. one drive asks for password after password reset

3. windows always asking for onedrive password

4. microsoftoffice16_data:live