Windows 10: After PC Boots to Login Screen, how to turn off display for inactivity

Discus and support After PC Boots to Login Screen, how to turn off display for inactivity in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was wondering if there is a way to turn off the display after a Windows 10 pc is turned on from a shut down state without any user logging in. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kinger37, May 20, 2016.

1. kinger37 Win User

After PC Boots to Login Screen, how to turn off display for inactivity

I was wondering if there is a way to turn off the display after a Windows 10 pc is turned on from a shut down state without any user logging in. I have disabled the lock screen via GPO. I also see that the Console Lock Screen Timeout work for me either.

:)

kinger37, May 20, 2016
  2. OkeBear Win User

Slideshow Lockscreen and Screen Timeout Issue

Hey all,

So I'm having an issue at the moment where I am wanting to get my system to display a Lockscreen Slideshow after 10 minutes, and then to turn off the display after an hour from that, but for some reason it's only turning off the screen and not displaying my
    Slideshow Lockscreen.

After checking the 'When PC is inactive, show the Lock Screen instead of turning off the screen' and changing the turn screen off option in Power & Sleep to 1 minute, the screen displays the Lockscreen Slideshow fine, but anything above 1 minute and it turns
    the screen straight off.

Any help with this?

Thanks.

OkeBear, May 20, 2016
  3. How to skip login screen in windows 10 after turn off the display?

I'm trying to avoid login screen after turn off the display without success.

1. From Power Options I set up "Turn off the display" after 1min and "Put computer to sleep" Never. (I am working always Plugged In),

2. From Settings->Manage your Account->Sig-in options I put "Require sign-in" Never.

3. My user is set up to login automatically.

After 1 minute the display turn off correctly. However time after when I pressed the power-on button show me the login screen.

How can I avoid this behavior and skip the login screen every time that turn off display?

Juan Carlos Albarrán, May 20, 2016
Thema:

After PC Boots to Login Screen, how to turn off display for inactivity

1. After PC Boots to Login Screen, how to turn off display for inactivity - Similar Threads - Boots Login Screen

2. PC turns off after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off after boot: I built a gaming pc about 2 years ago and it’s worked great. In the last week or so, I’ve had this issue where it shuts down on its own. Not through windows but it completely powers off, instantly. When I turn it back on, it usually acts as if nothing happens but sometimes I...
  3. PC turns off after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off after boot: I built a gaming pc about 2 years ago and it’s worked great. In the last week or so, I’ve had this issue where it shuts down on its own. Not through windows but it completely powers off, instantly. When I turn it back on, it usually acts as if nothing happens but sometimes I...
  4. PC turns off after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how to turn off pc from the login screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off pc from the login screen?: the pc is a corporate laptop that needs a one use password but it log out and want the same key that i can't have again. It doesn't have the shut down button on the bottom left corner of the screen and when i press the power off button it goes into hibernation mode. I even...
  6. how to turn off pc from the login screen?

how to turn off pc from the login screen?: the pc is a corporate laptop that needs a one use password but it log out and want the same key that i can't have again. It doesn't have the shut down button on the bottom left corner of the screen and when i press the power off button it goes into hibernation mode. I even...
  7. How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity: Hi, Is there a way to make bluetooth automatically turn off on Windows 11 when it isn't connected to any device for a period of time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-bluetooth-on-inactivity/5b08b37c-46b5-475b-b30e-1d70563426fb
  8. How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity

How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity: Hi, Is there a way to make bluetooth automatically turn off on Windows 11 when it isn't connected to any device for a period of time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-bluetooth-on-inactivity/5b08b37c-46b5-475b-b30e-1d70563426fb
  9. Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off secondary display after x amount of inactivity?: Hi there! Currently I have 2 display that I use for work in WFH and I would like for one of display to turn off if I’m not at the computer after 10 minutes but want the keep the other one ON forever. Is this achievable? Thanks! submitted by /u/Grapeflavor_ [link]...
  10. Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Support
    Display turns off after exactly 10 minutes of inactivity: Hello I have used this site before for help with my computer problems and it never failed, but now I can't find the answer, hope this thread helps I have had my pc for 5 years now, it always worked fine. GA-X79-UD7 I7-3930k GTX 770 Last week the monitor started...