Windows 10: After performing factory reset, bugged folders still on desktop.

Discus and support After performing factory reset, bugged folders still on desktop. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A friend/neighbor of mine recently purchased a Dell computer with Windows 10. Within a week, he had acquired a bug, called the number, who said they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WalterTuttle, Mar 21, 2019.

1. After performing factory reset, bugged folders still on desktop.

A friend/neighbor of mine recently purchased a Dell computer with Windows 10. Within a week, he had acquired a bug, called the number, who said they were Microsoft, paid $400 to get it fixed. He talked to me the next day, and I told him to call the bank to stop payment, which he was in time to do. I factory reset his computer, the folders that gave someone overseas permission to remotely enter his computer were still on the desktop. I went to Microsoft and downloaded the upgrade tool, made a copy to USB, and did a clean install. This seems to have took care of the problem. I would like to know if he ever does another factory reset, will the folders pop back up, or will the reinstall be the factory reset, and how can we be sure everything is now ok? An answer from someone who knows for sure would be greatly appreciated. He has had to change all of his banking accounts, cards, even telephone number to get away from trouble and harassment. We need to be sure everything is safe. Help please rely soon.

:)

WalterTuttle, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    How to perform Factory Reset?

Hi Saif,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you want to know how to perform Factory Reset. I will surely help you with this.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How are you trying to perform Factory Reset?
    • Are you facing any issue on the computer, due to which you are performing Factory Reset?

To perform Factory Reset, you need a recovery partition or Recovery Disk from the computer manufacturer. You may contact the computer manufacturer and check the same with them.

Warning:
    Be sure to back up all the data you want to keep, before you begin. Resetting using Factory Reset will delete all the data.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post if you need further information on this issue.

Geethu B, Mar 21, 2019
  4. AndreePin Win User

After performing factory reset, bugged folders still on desktop.

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

After performing factory reset, bugged folders still on desktop.

1. After performing factory reset, bugged folders still on desktop. - Similar Threads - performing factory reset

2. After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing: Hello, When I factory reset my pc, the selection for the language and creation of new account did not pop up, instead it showed the old user, but when I try to log in. It won't let me and showed me an error. I also tried using the command prompt in advance options, and shows...
  3. After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing: Hello, When I factory reset my pc, the selection for the language and creation of new account did not pop up, instead it showed the old user, but when I try to log in. It won't let me and showed me an error. I also tried using the command prompt in advance options, and shows...
  4. After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After factory reset, microsoft account is still there: So I just factory reset my desktop and it all seemed to go fine, but when I turned it on again the old Microsoft account was linked. I can't seem to log in or figure out how to remove it. I just want to clean-wipe it so I can give it to a buddy....
  5. After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After factory reset, microsoft account is still there: So I just factory reset my desktop and it all seemed to go fine, but when I turned it on again the old Microsoft account was linked. I can't seem to log in or figure out how to remove it. I just want to clean-wipe it so I can give it to a buddy....
  6. After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Worse performance after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Worse performance after factory reset: Hi everyone, how are you? Basically I have done a factory reset for my pc did the keep personal files option due to some weird performance decrease in games over the past months but when it booted up after the reset was over, the windows performance got worse even though the...
  8. Factory Reset/Performance

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset/Performance: I've had this laptop for about 3 years, so it has started to lag pretty badly, and I figured that this was happening because it has less than 2 GB of space and it can't update, and I can't free up any more space or at least, figure out how to. So, I tried to factory reset it,...
  9. Computer will not boot after performing a factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not boot after performing a factory reset.: Hello: Just recently I performed a factory reset to a family member's computer. After it shut down to boot back once on the computer would give message more or less like: "Your computer shut down unexpectedly, press ok to restart your computer". -pressed ok- the story...
  10. Performance Decrease after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Decrease after Factory Reset: Recently my SSD that my OS was located on became too full, and I decided to do a factory reset of my computer. Before the reset my BIOS time was always less than 10 seconds, and averaged around 5. After this reset however, my BIOS is 105 seconds, my frames have begun to drop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. did a factory restart and phone is still bugged