Windows 10: After power off and button goes off it comes back on

Discus and support After power off and button goes off it comes back on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently purchased my new laptop a 1 week old. I have called tech twice, I allowed them to take over my computer and its still not fixed. I shut my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Coco Goddess, Jun 27, 2020.

1. After power off and button goes off it comes back on

I recently purchased my new laptop a 1 week old. I have called tech twice, I allowed them to take over my computer and its still not fixed. I shut my laptop down completely light goes off. Closed the lid open the lid power light is on. First time I called she removed some items from Task Manager, today I called he did the same and looked at the power settings. After completely shutting down it's still doing the same thing.

:)

Coco Goddess, Jun 27, 2020

2. turning off the display option for power button

Hi Caro,

The function to turn off the display on your device only affects the monitor but the rest of the programs still run in the background. On the other hand, sleep mode turns off any unused programs to save energy. To change the power option on your device,
    follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Power and sleep button settings, click the drop-down arrow for
      When I press the power button: option and select Turn off the display.
    • Click Save changes.

Once you're done, check if the music still plays after clicking the power button.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Darwin Dim, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Laptop Screen Comes Back On After Turned Off

Thanks for the reply,

• This issue has always been here, I'm not sure when it started, bit I haven't payed very much attention to it.
    • I try my best to keep the cleanest Windows installation as possible to avoid encountering malware. So I don't make very many changes to my computer.
    • When I say "when I turn off my laptop display", I mean when I set my power button to "Power off the display" and I press it.

I also ran the troubleshooter and it told me that I should switch to a different power plan, but just because I have my PC set to never to to sleep. But, after I decided to reset the High Performance power plan, the screen is automatically turning off and
    staying off. I will be back here if anything else happens.

Thanks for the help, Cyber.

CyberGen49, Jun 27, 2020
  4. erixx Win User

After power off and button goes off it comes back on

PSU issue? Power on button not working after power off

Updates, not good *Frown After power off and button goes off  it comes back on :(

I installed a new high end PSU, removed the UPS, and replaced most of the inside cables.

This morning, again, after leaving it on last night, I found my PC off, and the case power-on button not working (mobo leds = on).
    I had to turn the PSU off, wait for the leds to become off, turn PSU on, press case power button and it turned on.

1) I am a bit lost, after testing hardware and software (bios set to stock auto profile)
    2) I am not sure how to formulate a google search, maybe this situation has a proper "denomination" in the internets?

erixx, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

After power off and button goes off it comes back on

1. After power off and button goes off it comes back on - Similar Threads - power off button

2. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  3. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen comes back on after turning it off: In the "Control what the Power Buttons do" section of the control panel I have the Power button selected to turn off the display however, when i actually press the button in person the display turn off as expected then after .5th of a second the screen turns back on...
  4. screen comes back on after turning it off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Display randomly goes off and back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display randomly goes off and back on: Hello. I have an issue with my pc the last two weeks. My tv signal turns black randomly. Sometimes is getting back itself after some seconds, sometimes i have to press a key on my keyboard in order to do so.. I set my power management option for display off after some time...
  6. Display randomly goes off and back on

Display randomly goes off and back on: Hello. I have an issue with my pc the last two weeks. My tv signal turns black randomly. Sometimes is getting back itself after some seconds, sometimes i have to press a key on my keyboard in order to do so.. I set my power management option for display off after some time...
  7. Display randomly goes off and back on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on: Power save mode turns off my monitors but they immediately turn back on. This problem used to be caused by my razer tartarus being recognized as a video game controller but now the problem happens with it unplugged. The computer waking itself from power save mode prevents it...
  9. Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on: Power save mode turns off my monitors but they immediately turn back on. This problem used to be caused by my razer tartarus being recognized as a video game controller but now the problem happens with it unplugged. The computer waking itself from power save mode prevents it...
  10. Power save mode turns off monitors but they immediately come back on