Windows 10: After power on, First Boot FAST, after restart over 30 seconds!

Discus and support After power on, First Boot FAST, after restart over 30 seconds! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello: I am having trouble with my Windows 10-1909 desktop. It is very new so it's not the equipment. The first time I boot up after powering up, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TinyFootPrint, May 15, 2020.

1. After power on, First Boot FAST, after restart over 30 seconds!

Hello:

I am having trouble with my Windows 10-1909 desktop. It is very new so it's not the equipment. The first time I boot up after powering up, the boot is about 3 seconds. Thereafter, when I restart, I see the white circles for over 30 seconds. Plus, it's EVERY TIME!
    Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.
    Thanks.

:)

TinyFootPrint, May 15, 2020

2. Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 15, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Time computer takes to boot up

Hi,

It is possible that it takes too long to boot up after the update because the Fast Startup is disabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to enable Fast Startup. This helps start your computer faster after shutdown:

• Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
    • If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
    • Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 15, 2020
  4. After power on, First Boot FAST, after restart over 30 seconds!

Windows 8.1 Pro Slow When Restarting But Cold Boot Is Fast

Hi starvinmarvin, this is Techhelper89. I'm here to help.

Try the following troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Disable Fast Startup and check if it works for you.

Fast startup is a new feature in Windows to help your PC start up faster after shutting down. When turned on, Windows does this by using a hybrid shutdown (a partial hibernate) method that saves only the kernel session and device drivers (system
    information) to hibernate (hiberfil.sys) file on disk instead of closing it when you shut down your PC.

Steps:

1. Press Windows + X key and click Control Panel.
    2. Click on Power options.
    3. Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    4. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable. If it prompts to click on yes, then click Yes.
    5. Uncheck Turn on fast startup (Recommended) under shutdown settings.
    6. Click Save changes to configure the settings.

The link I have found these steps from is slow restart problem -windows 10. (This is another post on the Microsoft Community.)

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks.

834e5206-26cf-43e1-a121-0fab5d3e1d44, May 15, 2020
Thema:

After power on, First Boot FAST, after restart over 30 seconds!

1. After power on, First Boot FAST, after restart over 30 seconds! - Similar Threads - power Boot FAST

2. Huge Keyboard Input Lag for 30-60 Seconds After Booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huge Keyboard Input Lag for 30-60 Seconds After Booting: Hello dear Microsoft communityI have a question regarding the following PC problem.When I start up my computer, I have the problem that my keyboard has a really high input lag of about 5 seconds.This subsides after about 30-60 seconds, but is unfortunately very...
  3. Huge Keyboard Input Lag for 30-60 Seconds After Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge Keyboard Input Lag for 30-60 Seconds After Booting: Hello dear Microsoft communityI have a question regarding the following PC problem.When I start up my computer, I have the problem that my keyboard has a really high input lag of about 5 seconds.This subsides after about 30-60 seconds, but is unfortunately very...
  4. Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Screen Dims after 30 seconds: I recently updated my Windows 10 Pro computer surface laptop 4 and now after 30 seconds the screen dims. When I move the mouse, the screen lightens up again. Then in 30 seconds it dims again.Any ideas?Thanks,Ken...
  5. lag in laptop after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lag in laptop after 30 seconds: Hi . I have a laptop and it has a problem. When I'm playing a game it lags till I connect the charger and then it gets smooth so nothing's wrong here. But after 30 seconds of playing with the charger it gets to 5 fps till I disconnect the charger and reconnect it then it's...
  6. Screen turns black after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen turns black after 30 seconds: I use a laptop in a docking station with two screens connected - it has worked well for one year. Suddenly, and as I remember, right after accepting a systems update, screen 1 turns black, looses connection to the computer approx 30 seconds after I have turned on the...
  7. BSOD 10 - 30 seconds after bootup

BSOD 10 - 30 seconds after bootup: Hello. I recently updated my HP to Windows 10. During setup after I logged in, I got the BSOD. I thought there was nothing wrong until I logged in and found out that I didn't have Start Menu access. About 10 seconds later, the BSOD came up again. Now every time I log in,...
  8. BSOD after 30 minutes after boot

BSOD after 30 minutes after boot: I run Win10 under Parallels at MacBook. Few days ago it started to crash about 30 minutes after boot. I don't need to do anything, just wait and it will die. Usually it's REGISTRY_ERROR, but sometimes another error. sfc shows some errors, but they don't look dangerous....
  9. No internet connection for 30 seconds after startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection for 30 seconds after startup: When I turn my computer on and log in, I have no internet connection for about 30 seconds. This sounds like it's not a big deal, but I have a bunch of programs that run on startup and require internet access, and they aren't happy about the lack of connection. If I run...
  10. No Internet for 30/60 seconds after bootup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet for 30/60 seconds after bootup.: Issue copied from reddit /windows10 as i'm having the same issue.. Hi all, I've had this issue for a while and haven't really bothered to do anything about it till now. Since I upgrade to Win10 some months ago, I've noticed that every time I start or reboot my PC my...