Windows 10: After powering on, laptop does not goes further than desktop wallpaper. Reset fails

Discus and support After powering on, laptop does not goes further than desktop wallpaper. Reset fails in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When running,Diagnosis report,internal/ hard drive is not tested. Thought it might be due to data stored in cloud storage. I've accessed that yet after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThuliM_429, Dec 12, 2018.

1. After powering on, laptop does not goes further than desktop wallpaper. Reset fails

When running,Diagnosis report,internal/ hard drive is not tested. Thought it might be due to data stored in cloud storage. I've accessed that yet after powering on, system doesn't go past desktop wallpaper. Reset on each occasion. Please help, it's been 3 months now.

:)

ThuliM_429, Dec 12, 2018

2. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Desktop Turns On When Laptop Powered Up

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you for follow the methods below and check if it helps in solving the issue:

Method 1: Run Power Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the Power Troubleshooter and Reset the power options.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.

• Click on “View all” on the top left pane.

• Select Power from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Method 2:

Run the in-built Network troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Type “troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.

• Click on “View all” on the top left corner.

• Click on “Network Adapter” and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.
    Then, shutdown your PC and check.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 12, 2018
  4. After powering on, laptop does not goes further than desktop wallpaper. Reset fails

Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

The question was clearly mentioned on how to set Windows Spotlight wallpapers as desktop wallpapers. Please understand the question before answering!

Kiran Vaidyanathan, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

After powering on, laptop does not goes further than desktop wallpaper. Reset fails

1. After powering on, laptop does not goes further than desktop wallpaper. Reset fails - Similar Threads - powering laptop does

2. After factory reset PC will not go further than circling dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After factory reset PC will not go further than circling dots: I did a factory reset after the reset was finished. The PC will not go any further than the first window of circling dots, then shutting down and starting up again continuously. I attempted to use a flash drive with windows 10 but it would not work, it continued to start and...
  3. After factory reset PC will not go further than circling dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After factory reset PC will not go further than circling dots: I did a factory reset after the reset was finished. The PC will not go any further than the first window of circling dots, then shutting down and starting up again continuously. I attempted to use a flash drive with windows 10 but it would not work, it continued to start and...
  4. After factory reset PC will not go further than circling dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. screen goes black for a second than goes on after that

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen goes black for a second than goes on after that: As the title says thats my issue, now in like 1 min before i typed it i left my monitor on and pc and to eat and come back, the power on button was on but the monitor was pitch black, i am not sure whats wrong the connections to the pc from monitor to pc are great to my...
  6. screen goes black for a second than goes on after that

screen goes black for a second than goes on after that: As the title says thats my issue, now in like 1 min before i typed it i left my monitor on and pc and to eat and come back, the power on button was on but the monitor was pitch black, i am not sure whats wrong the connections to the pc from monitor to pc are great to my...
  7. screen goes black for a second than goes on after that

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep: Hello, I'm having a problem with my external monitor. When the laptop is turned on and the HDMI cable for the monitor is plugged into the laptop, it works perfectly fine. Once my laptop goes to sleep, the monitor disconnects and will not reconnect to the laptop unless I...
  9. Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep

Monitor does not reconnect after laptop goes to sleep: Hello, I'm having a problem with my external monitor. When the laptop is turned on and the HDMI cable for the monitor is plugged into the laptop, it works perfectly fine. Once my laptop goes to sleep, the monitor disconnects and will not reconnect to the laptop unless I...
  10. Desktop background/wallpaper goes grey after closing applications ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background/wallpaper goes grey after closing applications ??: So instead of going to the desktop and showing the wallpaper background and other shortcuts, my desktop background goes grey after I close other applications and I have to click the show desktop button in the bottom right corner in order to show the actual desktop wallpaper,...