Windows 10: After powering on PC daily, its W10 seems to always seem to show :( about it running into a...

Discus and support After powering on PC daily, its W10 seems to always seem to show :( about it running into a... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For a few days, I have been using the client's Intel NUC PC with its W10 b1803 weird issues. Originally, I was asked to look at why its W10 takes so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ant Dude, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Ant Dude Win User

After powering on PC daily, its W10 seems to always seem to show :( about it running into a...

For a few days, I have been using the client's Intel NUC PC with its W10 b1803
    weird issues. Originally, I was asked to look at why its W10 takes so long to
    start/boot up. It seems to happen on each new day after power it on when it was off
    for many hours like overnight. I can't seem to reproduce it after it does its scan
    and repairs. I even tried changing BIOS' date to a day later to see if I could
    reproduce it. Nope.

I wonder why it is always happen daily. Failing hardwares somewhere? In W10, I ran
    W10's disk checks on both EMMC and SSD, and it found no issues. I know the issues
    happened on both drives (original small EMMC and cloned bigger SSD). So, I decided
    to force a chkdsk /r /f on both C: and D: drives outside of W10. C: was quick, but
    D: took a while especially at 45% with intense light activities that long.

After returning to normal W10 session, I checked its Event Logs' Applications
    section with its filter to show only 1001 event ID
    (https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-find-chkdsk-results-in-windows-10/). I exported
    and uploaded to http://zimage.com/~ant/temp/W10appEventLogs1001.txt. There were
    lots of chkdsk repairs on both drives, crashes, etc.

What do you guys think is happening? After powering on PC daily, its W10 seems to always seem to show :( about it running into a... :(

:)

Ant Dude, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

power option does not show "turn on fast startup"

Hi,

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    My PC was shutdown suddenly by power cut off so now it had some errors

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Have you updated all the Windows and optional updates?

• Have you updated all the Drivers?

• What is that exact error message?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option
      on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting
      and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Power
      troubleshooter.

Step 2: Change the “Power plans” settings.

A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings (like display, sleep, etc.) that manages how your PC uses power. The power plans you can use depend on the kind of PC you have.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 21, 2019
  4. After powering on PC daily, its W10 seems to always seem to show :( about it running into a...

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

After powering on PC daily, its W10 seems to always seem to show :( about it running into a...

1. After powering on PC daily, its W10 seems to always seem to show :( about it running into a... - Similar Threads - powering daily W10

2. the problem seems to be the power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the problem seems to be the power button: so my main reason was that my power button stopped working, so there would be a method I would use to force this thing to turn on.first, I would remove the battery for about 10 seconds, before putting it back in, and then plugging in the adapter.this worked for about a month...
  3. the problem seems to be the power button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the problem seems to be the power button: so my main reason was that my power button stopped working, so there would be a method I would use to force this thing to turn on.first, I would remove the battery for about 10 seconds, before putting it back in, and then plugging in the adapter.this worked for about a month...
  4. the problem seems to be the power button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC powers on but does not seem to do much else.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC powers on but does not seem to do much else.: A few days ago I uninstalled an app and it said to restart computer to complete uninstall. I did but then it would not turn back on after. When I click the power button I can hear the fans and stuff going and the light around the power button turns on but nothing else happens...
  6. PC powers on but does not seem to do much else.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC powers on but does not seem to do much else.: A few days ago I uninstalled an app and it said to restart computer to complete uninstall. I did but then it would not turn back on after. When I click the power button I can hear the fans and stuff going and the light around the power button turns on but nothing else happens...
  7. PC powers on but does not seem to do much else.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. USB ports seem to still be powered after shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports seem to still be powered after shutdown: I've seen other people have this problem, and the solutions either didn't help or seemed to be wrong. This didn't use to happen, it randomly seems that when I press a button on both my wired keyboard or mouse, their lights turn on, when the system has been shut down. I...
  9. Hotmail seems to always be open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hotmail seems to always be open: I have always opened my email through IE signing in each time. But now it is automatically signed in which I do not like, I think it leaves me open to intruders. Can I go back to signing in each time like I did in Windows 7, Is this possible?...
  10. HKLM Run key doesn't seem to be triggering on W10 - but works on W7

in Windows 10 Support
    HKLM Run key doesn't seem to be triggering on W10 - but works on W7: Hello folks. I could use a sanity check on this one. I've got an AutoIt EXE that I've built to accomplish a couple of simple tasks, and I need this to run when a user logs into the machine. So I've got the EXE tucked away at "C:\Windows\Temp\EXEname.exe" I've got a...