Windows 10: After pressing some unknown key, am I unable to type letters only letters on my laptop....

Discus and support After pressing some unknown key, am I unable to type letters only letters on my laptop.... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My keyboard on my Windows 10 laptop usually works prefectly. However, after spamming my keyboard and pressing some key, I am unable to type letters. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrGubbo, May 19, 2022.

1. MrGubbo Win User

After pressing some unknown key, am I unable to type letters only letters on my laptop....

My keyboard on my Windows 10 laptop usually works prefectly. However, after spamming my keyboard and pressing some key, I am unable to type letters. I can type numbers and special characters just fine, but not letters. I tried using the virtual keyboard, but I could not type letters there either. Sticky keys were turned off as well. So what is the problem? And how do I fix this? Reminder, I can't enter the password as it contains letters and am now stuck in lockscreen.

:)

MrGubbo, May 19, 2022
  2. spunk Win User

Possible to make shift key stick until letter is pressed?

It;s a bit cumbersome, but if you open the OnScreen Keyboard and press the Shift key, highlighting it, and type a letter on the OSK or on your keyboard, it will type the letter in Upper Case and then go back to Lower Case for any remaining letters you type. Of course, you could just press the Caps Lock key on your keyboard, type a letter and then turn Caps Lock Off for the remaining letters, just as well.

spunk, May 19, 2022
  3. Type a letter

Open WordPad, which is the free word processor included in Windows 10.

Open Start

Scroll down to the letter 'W'

Expand 'Windows Accessories'

Open Wordpad

or

Press Windows key + R

Type: wordpad

Hit Enter

Type your letter

Click File > Save as

Give it a name.

Andre Da Costa, May 19, 2022
  4. After pressing some unknown key, am I unable to type letters only letters on my laptop....

Cannot change drive letter

Hello,

I request you to try the steps below:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type "diskmgmt.msc" and press Enter key.
    • Now right click on the drive and select Change drive letter or path.
    • Select the drive and click on Change.
    • Now select the drive letter and click on OK.

If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 19, 2022
Thema:

After pressing some unknown key, am I unable to type letters only letters on my laptop....

1. After pressing some unknown key, am I unable to type letters only letters on my laptop.... - Similar Threads - pressing unknown key

2. After pressing some unknown key, am I unable to type letters only letters on my laptop....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After pressing some unknown key, am I unable to type letters only letters on my laptop....: I have tried restarting my computer and unplugging my key and plugging it back in, I have tried a number of key combinations and that didn’t help...
  3. After pressing some unknown key, am I unable to type letters only letters on my laptop....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After pressing some unknown key, am I unable to type letters only letters on my laptop....: I have tried restarting my computer and unplugging my key and plugging it back in, I have tried a number of key combinations and that didn’t help...
  4. After pressing some unknown key, am I unable to type letters only letters on my laptop....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why can i only type some letters in capslock?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can i only type some letters in capslock?: I cAn only type the letters "Q,A,Z" And only use escApe in cApslock I can type using capslock+shift though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-only-type-some-letters-in-capslock/619d24d8-cb1b-4a3c-9c27-283037ac88f5
  6. After pressing some unknown key, am I unable to type letters only letters on my laptop....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After pressing some unknown key, am I unable to type letters only letters on my laptop....: My keyboard on my Windows 10 laptop usually works prefectly. However, after spamming my keyboard and pressing some key, I am unable to type letters. I can type numbers and special characters just fine, but not letters. I tried using the virtual keyboard, but I could not type...
  7. A shift key press can't type some letter.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A shift key press can't type some letter.: when i press left shift key some letter it doesn't work example : w, r, u, i, [, ], z, b, n, enter it hard when i play game that have to press w + shift to run or somethingBUT! when i press both of shift key i can type W, R, U, I, {, }and when i press right shift key it can...
  8. I press 1 Key but my keyboard types multiple letters

I press 1 Key but my keyboard types multiple letters: I hope I don't have to get an external keyboard So, I have a laptop and some water was spilled and now when I type some keys, adjadcent keys get pressed as well.\ Examples: Enter produces a '\' Z produces an 'AZ' C produces a 'DC' M produces a 'JMN' I...
  9. Some keys on my keyboard are typing multiple letters

Some keys on my keyboard are typing multiple letters: *sorry for my bad english So whenever I click the 's' key, my s and down arrow button are pressing at the same time. When I press 'delete', my 'delete' and right arrow key are pressing at the same time. This really frustrated me when I search on google. I can't find any...
  10. I am unable to type the letter \/

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to type the letter \/: I installed a Auto clicker... I linked it to the letter \/ (I know, stupid). Howe\/er I do not know how to fix this specific problem. If any is able to assist, I would be extremely thankful. Especially because I ha\/e a paper to write....