Windows 10: After Pushing out Microsoft Patches many computers experience Boot Loop and BSOD.

Discus and support After Pushing out Microsoft Patches many computers experience Boot Loop and BSOD. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My company is experencing Boot Loop and BSOD after WIndows Patches are released. This has happened since July releases. Every month the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thomas91KH, Oct 2, 2018.

1. After Pushing out Microsoft Patches many computers experience Boot Loop and BSOD.

Hello,

My company is experencing Boot Loop and BSOD after WIndows Patches are released. This has happened since July releases. Every month the issue has affected more machines.

We have ran into to main issues:

1) Error code 0x0000001 - We boot the computer into safe mode and then reboot. Then there is a message about Getting and Applying updates. However we have two out comes.

A) The computer goes to the login screen after the update is applied. WHen we look at what was updated it is the Security Update for Adobe Flash Player and Securiy Update for Microsoft WIndows. It has been different versions since the issue has happened for the last 2 months.

B) The computer goes back to the BLue screen with the same issue.

2) Error code 0xc000007b File in error was SysmonDrv.sys - We have fixed this error by booting to a USB installation Device and running the following commands from the Command Prompt.

Bootrec /fixmbr

Bootrec /fixboot

Bootrec /scanos

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

The machines either have W10 1703, W10 1607, or W7 (sorry not sure of the version). I have not seen a W10 1803 reported yet.

I wanted to get some insight on why this could be happening. Are there reports of specific builds that are having issues completing updates.

I have created a WindowsUpdate Log and Looked in event viewer but during the time the patches were pushed out till the time we rebooted in safe mode there was nothing recorded.

Please let me know

Thanks

Tom

:)

Thomas91KH, Oct 2, 2018
  2. nxjl18 Win User

BSOD Loop on boot

Hello,

Earlier today my computer crashed into a BSOD and ever since then it is stuck on a BSOD loop when trying to boot into windows.

Things I have tried so far:

-Booting from a USB Windows (Loads the windows logo then BSOD)

-Letting it do automatic repair (BSOD)

-Letting it do disk check (BSOD)

-Running it with different RAM sticks (BSOD)

-Running it without the 1060 (BSOD)

-Clearing BIOS settings (BSOD)

I am at a loss. Any help appreciated.

System

-Intel i5 6600k

-Nvidia 1060

-16gb ram

-gigabyte z170x

nxjl18, Oct 2, 2018
  3. ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Oct 2, 2018
  4. After Pushing out Microsoft Patches many computers experience Boot Loop and BSOD.

Computer Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi,

We are glad that you tried some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue, but usually the issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this thread and look for Deepika Gowda answer. It contains troubleshooting
    steps pertaining to the issue:
    Computer stuck with a reboot loop on Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

After Pushing out Microsoft Patches many computers experience Boot Loop and BSOD.

1. After Pushing out Microsoft Patches many computers experience Boot Loop and BSOD. - Similar Threads - Pushing Microsoft Patches

2. Flex 5 in boot loop after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flex 5 in boot loop after BSOD: I have 3 Lenovo Flex 5. A couple of days ago 2 of them had the BSOD when I first saw them in the morning. One after touching the keyboard returned to normal, the other is in a constant boot loop. I get the Lenovo splash screen and the spinning dots, then it shuts down and...
  3. Flex 5 in boot loop after BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flex 5 in boot loop after BSOD: I have 3 Lenovo Flex 5. A couple of days ago 2 of them had the BSOD when I first saw them in the morning. One after touching the keyboard returned to normal, the other is in a constant boot loop. I get the Lenovo splash screen and the spinning dots, then it shuts down and...
  4. BSOD boot loop after running verifier.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD boot loop after running verifier.exe: Hi guys! i need help on analyzing the memory.dmp of my laptop after the bsod boot loop nightmare i had experienced a while ago. Thank you!******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  5. BSOD boot loop after running verifier.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD boot loop after running verifier.exe: Hi guys! i need help on analyzing the memory.dmp of my laptop after the bsod boot loop nightmare i had experienced a while ago. Thank you!******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  6. Windows 10 20H2: Microsoft pushes out new patch to prepare PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H2: Microsoft pushes out new patch to prepare PCs: Ahead of the rollout of Windows 10 version 20H2 update, Microsoft has re-released KB4023057 to some devices in the production channel. KB4023057 is a reliability update that is re-issued regularly by Microsoft before the launch of a feature or major cumulative update. In...
  7. BSOD Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Boot Loop: Hello and help, My windows 10 computer is in a continuous loop. upon boot up, I get "preparing auto repair, then diagnosing your computer, then it goes to a blue screen with all the troubleshoot options, none of which work, im currently in dos at the x:/windows/system32>...
  8. Boot loop and BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot loop and BSOD.: Hi, new to the forum, I'm pretty desperate for help with some issues with W10 Pro, apologies if I fail some etiquette. Recently I had a BSOD with an error about the ntfs.sys having an issue. After rebooting windows goes into a boot loop and automatic repair failure. I've...
  9. Boot loop and BSOD.

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot loop and BSOD.: Hi, new to the forum, I'm pretty desperate for help with some issues with W10 Pro, apologies if I fail some etiquette. Recently I had a BSOD with an error about the ntfs.sys having an issue. After rebooting windows goes into a boot loop and automatic repair failure. I've...
  10. Microsoft pushes out fixes for 17 critical flaws as part of Patch Tuesday updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft pushes out fixes for 17 critical flaws as part of Patch Tuesday updates: As part of Patch Tuesday Microsoft rolled out updates for all its previous Windows operating system. As is always the case with Patch Tuesday releases, Microsoft aims at pushing out fixes for some critical flaws. With today’s updates Microsoft has fixed not less than 61...