Windows 10: After radeon driver was updated, dual monitors feature stopped working

Discus and support After radeon driver was updated, dual monitors feature stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Now the display settings shows just one monitor though I am using two monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ted Woodworth, Aug 11, 2020.

1. After radeon driver was updated, dual monitors feature stopped working

Now the display settings shows just one monitor though I am using two monitors

:)

Ted Woodworth, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Dual monitors

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Dual monitors on the computer after updating Radeon software. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

If you do not see the second monitor in Display Settings, I would suggest you to click on Detect and see if the second monitor gets detected.

Since you are facing this issue after updating the Radeon software, you may want to try rolling back the driver and see if that helps.

To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the Radeon Driver and select Properties.
    4. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    5. Restart the computer if prompted.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Dual monitors will not work

I downloaded Windows 10 version 1903 and now my Dual monitors will not work with laptop monitor.

I have disabled the display adapter - AMD Radeon RX Vega 10 Graphics and I then can get my dual monitors working BUT there is a black screen on my laptop.

It will not detect the laptop screen.

I would like to have all three so I can choose.

Any suggestions??

Smartie881, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

After radeon driver was updated, dual monitors feature stopped working

Dual monitor stopped working after windows 10 update

Hi Aaron,

Since you're experiencing the same issue which the dual monitor stopped working, to efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows is installed on your two computers?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

After radeon driver was updated, dual monitors feature stopped working

1. After radeon driver was updated, dual monitors feature stopped working - Similar Threads - radeon driver was

2. dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update: I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs3075cl and have successfully used two external monitors for some months now on Windows 11 version 22H2.One is a Samsung monitor connected through the HDMI port and the other is also a Samsung connected through an HDMI-to-USB adapter.Everything was...
  3. dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual external monitors stopped working after latest Windows update: I have an HP Pavilion 15-cs3075cl and have successfully used two external monitors for some months now on Windows 11 version 22H2.One is a Samsung monitor connected through the HDMI port and the other is also a Samsung connected through an HDMI-to-USB adapter.Everything was...
  4. Dual Monitors stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors stopped working: Hi there! My dual monitors were working absolutely fine until about a month ago.Now one monitor is connected via HDMI and the other is connected via HDMI> DVI adapter.The both worked without a problem. Until my PC stopped recognising the monitor on the DVI connection.Now the...
  5. Dual Monitors stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors stopped working: Hi there! My dual monitors were working absolutely fine until about a month ago.Now one monitor is connected via HDMI and the other is connected via HDMI> DVI adapter.The both worked without a problem. Until my PC stopped recognising the monitor on the DVI connection.Now the...
  6. dual monitor not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor not working after latest update: my laptop is not picking up the dual monitor after last nights windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-not-working-after-latest-update/07c08b35-2ee3-4f46-844d-eafd39803c43
  7. after updating drivers, monitor is not working

after updating drivers, monitor is not working: After updating my GPU drivers, my computer stopped recognizing the monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-drivers-monitor-is-not-working/48d41498-596e-462e-b776-2a882baca5ca
  8. Dual Monitor stopped working after latest update KB4549951.

Dual Monitor stopped working after latest update KB4549951.: I have windows 10 running on a Lenovo G50. My computer updated and installed the latest update April 14, 2020—KB4549951 OS Builds 18362.778 and 18363.778. When I switched on my computer this morning the computer wont detect my second screen. I have tried changing the HDMI...
  9. Dual monitor stopped working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor stopped working after windows 10 update: So yesterday windows 10 decided to do a big update, the one where it reinstalls the os. Everything seemed fine, but then I realized that my 2 monitor setup stopped working. It was set as "duplicate" where monitor 2 was the main display and 1 was the secondary. In DISPLAY...
  10. Dual Monitors not working with update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors not working with update: i was previously on windows 8.1 and i had my dual monitors working just fine, after i upgraded to windows 10 my second monitor (wired with hdmi) doesnt work but the one with Dvi does 7651