Windows 10: After Realtek update, and windows 10 update - audio is not working.

Discus and support After Realtek update, and windows 10 update - audio is not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Prior to this issue, I had the Output device not found issue and a yellow triangle near High Definition Audio Controller which I managed to fix by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrei Estaines, Mar 23, 2019.

1. After Realtek update, and windows 10 update - audio is not working.

Prior to this issue, I had the Output device not found issue and a yellow triangle near High Definition Audio Controller which I managed to fix by deleting the Nvidia Virtual Audio (Wave Extensible) (WDM) and installing from MSI's GV72 8RE support page the Realtek Audio Driver which is version 6.0.1.8491 which I then updated to 6.0.1.8544 through Driver Booster by IObit, neither of these versions work though - while I have no issues that seem to pop out I don't get any audio through the speakers, nor is audio detected by the speakers if i look in volume mixer or is an application even if an application is open playing a video.

Some other issues I can note is that if i try to troubleshoot, Windows Audio Services stops running, therefore the troubleshooter says the audio services are not responding - immediately after this, the window audio services starts running again as if nothing happened.

Another issue I've come across is if I try to test tone the format it gives me the error, "Error! Failed to play test tone" however, no sound comes through if I just test normal window sound effects - unchecking the enhancement box is out of the question since its not on the properties of the speaker.

Also if i try to add anything from the Realtek manufacturer from Legacy Hardware manually instead of automatically, my laptop quickly switches to a blue screen of death with something about RTKVHD-64 and a stop code.

Hopefully, there is a fix.

:)

Andrei Estaines, Mar 23, 2019
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 23, 2019
  3. JoeBoyka Win User

Everything is working *Smile After Realtek update, and windows 10 update - audio is not working. :)

JoeBoyka, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

After Realtek update, and windows 10 update - audio is not working.

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

After Realtek update, and windows 10 update - audio is not working.

1. After Realtek update, and windows 10 update - audio is not working. - Similar Threads - Realtek update update

2. Windows 10 Updates and Realtek Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Updates and Realtek Audio: Windows update turned my audio off. It had done this before a few months ago. I was able to get it working again, that time. Now it will not come back on. I've tried new drivers, to no avail. When I was in the Update page for Windows 10, I looked for a list of drivers to pick...
  3. Windows 10 Updates and Realtek Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Updates and Realtek Audio: Windows update turned my audio off. It had done this before a few months ago. I was able to get it working again, that time. Now it will not come back on. I've tried new drivers, to no avail. When I was in the Update page for Windows 10, I looked for a list of drivers to pick...
  4. Windows 10 Updates and Realtek Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update: I've been using the Realtek Audio Control app from the MS Store for configuring the Realtek 5-channel audio on my Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite motherboard. Since the latest Windows update this app seems to have disappeared. When I tried to update it from the MS Store I got an...
  6. Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update: I've been using the Realtek Audio Control app from the MS Store for configuring the Realtek 5-channel audio on my Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite motherboard. Since the latest Windows update this app seems to have disappeared. When I tried to update it from the MS Store I got an...
  7. Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update

8. Audio issue after updating Realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issue after updating Realtek audio driver: Hi does anyone know why after I updated my Realtek (speaker) software I heard buzzy sound when I plugged in my earphone? Idk how to fix it but the issue appeared after I rebooted my laptop after I updated the software. I really need help submitted by /u/raihanabdan...
  9. RealTek Audio Not Working After Update

RealTek Audio Not Working After Update: Since the Windows 10 release and every update after my speakers and mic stop working. I have tried everything after the last update and have had no success. I have updated drivers, rolled back drivers, uninstalled drivers, reinstalled drivers more than one version,...
  10. Realtek audio problem after updating to 1809 update....

Realtek audio problem after updating to 1809 update....: hi, i recently updated my pc to 1809 update through update assistant. and discovered that an audio problem randomly comes. this issue is about sound popping out of the speakers. This happened with me before update also so i think it may not be related to this update. this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek audio not working after windows 10 update

2. an error occurred during installation of the device realtek

3. realtek headset not working after update

4. realtek audio not working after update,
  5. lost sound after realtek update october 2019,
  6. realtek not working adter update,
  7. windows 10 update realtek audio not working,
  8. windows 10 realtek not working,
  9. realtek audio driver windows 10 64 bit 1909,
  10. speakers realtek high definition not working,
  11. realtek driver not working windows 10 1909,