Windows 10: After reboot Chkdsk /r it seems stuck on this for over half an hour.. sata ssd.. options?

Discus and support After reboot Chkdsk /r it seems stuck on this for over half an hour.. sata ssd.. options? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dr_Cunning_Linguist [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dr_Cunning_Linguist, Jan 27, 2021.

1. After reboot Chkdsk /r it seems stuck on this for over half an hour.. sata ssd.. options?

/u/Dr_Cunning_Linguist, Jan 27, 2021

2. Can chkdsk /r ruin an SSD?

I accidentally ran chkdsk /r on my SSD. I know it's not good to do it on an SSD, so I force shut down the computer while it was doing the check. It booted back up but was acting weird, so I restarted it. The my PC got caught in a BSOD (NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM stop
    code) boot loop. Restart, BSOD, restart, BSOD. Then it did automatic repair, (fixed some disk errors which I assumed happened because I forced a shut down) and then rebooted again. Bang, now it's working properly (I think so far).

Do I have cause for concern? Will my SSD be okay? What should I do if it happens again? How can I check the health of my SSD without chkdsk?

BeastCharged100, Jan 27, 2021
  3. tcebob Win User
    chkdsk c: \r stalls on reboot

HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX
    Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.483)
    I encountered strange behavior in a couple of programs and thought it might be time for a repair. So I issued chkdsk c: \r which makes an automatic reboot. The reboot went ok and the chkdsk proceeded until 10% complete, whereupon it stalled for an hour before I forced a reboot. Tried and failed twice more then gave up and just ran chkdsk, which reported that it had made repairs. Is there a magic way to succeed with chkdsk c: \r or is this behavior indicative of some more sinister problem?

tcebob, Jan 27, 2021
  4. After reboot Chkdsk /r it seems stuck on this for over half an hour.. sata ssd.. options?

chkdsk stuck for hours

Hi Joe,

To better assist you with your concern, we'd like to know more information:

• Did you make any changes to your PC?
    • Have you already tried to perform a hard reboot and try to use the chkdsk again?

We look forward to your response.

Rafael Com, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

After reboot Chkdsk /r it seems stuck on this for over half an hour.. sata ssd.. options?

1. After reboot Chkdsk /r it seems stuck on this for over half an hour.. sata ssd.. options? - Similar Threads - reboot Chkdsk seems

2. chkdsk seems stuck and not doing anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk seems stuck and not doing anything.: I have a external drive with A LOT of bad sectors on it, it is connected by a sata to usb connector. I ran chkdsk F: /f /r and it failed so I added /x and it seemed to get on much better but has been stuck on 10% for the past hour and is at stage 2 of the process. Now, on my...
  3. chkdsk seems stuck and not doing anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk seems stuck and not doing anything.: I have a external drive with A LOT of bad sectors on it, it is connected by a sata to usb connector. I ran chkdsk F: /f /r and it failed so I added /x and it seemed to get on much better but has been stuck on 10% for the past hour and is at stage 2 of the process. Now, on my...
  4. chkdsk seems stuck and not doing anything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Chkdsk /f /r - Stuck at 11%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chkdsk /f /r - Stuck at 11%: I ran chkdsk /f /r on a Windows server, expecting it to complete within a few hours. However, it is still running over 80 hours later, with it still being at 11% at last check. I will give it several more days to attempt to complete, but if it does not, is it safe to perform...
  6. Chkdsk /f /r stuck at %0 for an hour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk /f /r stuck at %0 for an hour: Hello, i have ran a chkdsk /f /r because my explorer kept crashing and i was unable to click to anything, and even if i was, it took 5 minutes at least for it to open. now im at stage 4,the laptop hdd light is not blinking, its just on, this has been going on for an hour. by...
  7. chkdsk /r failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk /r failure: Win 10 ver 2004 When running a Windows Image it gave me a message that it detected bad clusters. I opened a cmd prompt and ran chkdsk /r. It was in Stage 4 with 2 hours left when it rebooted on its own. At the log in screen it showed the usual username, but would not...
  8. Can chkdsk /r ruin an SSD?

Can chkdsk /r ruin an SSD?: I accidentally ran chkdsk /r on my SSD. I know it's not good to do it on an SSD, so I force shut down the computer while it was doing the check. It booted back up but was acting weird, so I restarted it. The my PC got caught in a BSOD NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM stop code boot loop....
  9. chkdsk /r stuck at 10%

chkdsk /r stuck at 10%: Ok, so i ran chkdsk /r because i was getting problems with some programs, and the event log was showing that the HD had defective sectors. I restarted it and now, 6 hours later, its still stuck at 10% in the 1st stage. Is there any way for me to stop it without turning off...
  10. chkdsk c: \r stalls on reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk c: \r stalls on reboot: HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.483) I encountered strange behavior in a couple of programs and thought it might be time for a repair. So I issued chkdsk c: \r which makes an automatic reboot. The reboot went ok and the...