Windows 10: After reboot, want applications to start and be placed where they were

Discus and support After reboot, want applications to start and be placed where they were in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Work makes us reboot all the time, want to have my ~14 programs open and be placed (multiple monitors) where they were before the reboot, how to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ozzy33, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Ozzy33 Win User

After reboot, want applications to start and be placed where they were

Work makes us reboot all the time, want to have my ~14 programs open and be placed (multiple monitors) where they were before the reboot, how to do this? Some of the programs I use is Office, task manager, device manager, chrome, zoom, file explorer, excel, word, calc, paint, to name a few.

TIA!

:)

Ozzy33, Jul 29, 2020
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Laptop stuck at reboot loop after installing applications for Windows 10

Hi Susan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that laptop stuck at rebooting state after installing the applications on Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Which were the applications installed on your device prior to this issue?
    • Were you bale to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Are you able to access Advanced boot options/ Safe mode on your device?

I suggest you to remove all the external devices if connected any, hard reboot the device and check for the status of this issue.

Reply to the post with the required information, we will be happy to help you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 29, 2020
  4. After reboot, want applications to start and be placed where they were

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

After reboot, want applications to start and be placed where they were

1. After reboot, want applications to start and be placed where they were - Similar Threads - reboot applications start

2. Want to place a suggestion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Want to place a suggestion: If by mistake select the number 1 selection as I did, then you have the messages num 3. My suggestion is to move the num 1 and place it in num 2 position. So the user avoids to place the mouse arrow to pick "Pause updates for 7 days". Because the result of this is my last...
  3. I want to change a place where caresa saves files by default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to change a place where caresa saves files by default: Hi, on my Surface Go with the newest version of Windows 10 I'm not able to change the location of recorded videos - it's OneDrives's CameraRoll by design with no possibility to change it. The funny thing is that when I go to the camera setting and click a link to folders...
  4. Start apps there were open after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start apps there were open after restart: Hello Anyone know how to disable this behavior? Thanks 138837
  5. weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications: weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications i searched for solution but it doesn't work please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-boxes-apear-in-place-of-logos-in-start-menu/8773d5c6-656e-4fa9-9c2b-eb26671267d7
  6. I want to know where is this place?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to know where is this place?: I want to know where is this place? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-where-is-this-place/e3c518c9-de22-4ef9-b06d-0278f8c42d05
  7. where were you born

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where were you born: plymouth new hampshire https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/where-were-you-born/b6f5e8b0-0085-426d-bf02-9864a070b505
  8. Where are application error event reports placed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are application error event reports placed?: I have an application (FahCore_a7.exe) failing. The event Windows log for the application failure shows: Faulting application name: FahCore_a7.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57e1e600 Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0x8274fd8b...
  9. Only starts after reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Only starts after reboot: Hi, After a complete and normal shutdown my PC start and hangs out with the Windows logo and round circles for ours. After doing a lot of reading and moving around, have detected that my systems starts perfectly ONLY when starts after a system reboot. This also happens...
  10. Is it possible to place icons where ever you want on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to place icons where ever you want on taskbar: Is it possible to move the icons freely across the taskbar and place them wherever you want? Or they must be stacked up together? 40120