Windows 10: After reboot, Windows 10 restores forgotten WiFi network and connects to it

Discus and support After reboot, Windows 10 restores forgotten WiFi network and connects to it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have an issue with W10, I have tried every method I know, PowerShell/CMD commands, using Windows interface...going to Safe mode... I am trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cavagnaro, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Cavagnaro Win User

After reboot, Windows 10 restores forgotten WiFi network and connects to it

Hi

I have an issue with W10, I have tried every method I know, PowerShell/CMD commands, using Windows interface...going to Safe mode...

I am trying my PC to forget a specific Network, which is now too far for a good quality link and is always restored and chosen to connect to when Windows restarts. It is annoying, and worst the fact that the OS keeps some how remembering settings I already asked to be deleted...where is the password then stored???

How can I troubleshoot this?

:)

Cavagnaro, Aug 15, 2020
  2. sweenmike Win User

Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10

I unintentionally deleted a wifi network on my laptop. Now is does not appear in the list of available wifi networks. I know I am in range as I'm connected to that network on my phone. I know my wifi is working on my laptop as I can connect to all the
    other wifi networks that appear.

I know they SHOULD resync, but this one does not.

Please don't suggest a restore or recover as the only option.

thanks,

Mike

sweenmike, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10

I restored & now have a combination of 7 & 10 & still haven't been able to restore forgotten network. Like Matt was able to restore to wifi sense but can't connect.

Johnh10922, Aug 15, 2020
  4. After reboot, Windows 10 restores forgotten WiFi network and connects to it

Assigning a default WiFi connection

Is there any specific way to force Windows to connect to a certain WiFi connection?

Since my PC keeps connecting to a commercial WiFi hotspot rather than to my home network when it boots.

Things I have tried:

• "Connect to suggested WiFi hotspots" has been turned off
    • Home network has been set to "connect automatically" when connecting
    • Hotspot networks have been "forgotten" in the WiFi settings
    Is there anything else I can try to fix this problem?

Sakura2628, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

After reboot, Windows 10 restores forgotten WiFi network and connects to it

1. After reboot, Windows 10 restores forgotten WiFi network and connects to it - Similar Threads - reboot restores forgotten

2. Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update: There is a closed 2015 discussion* with a two not very good solutions system restore or a registry key which seems to no longer exist.I believe I have found a third solution. I changed the SSID in my router. Win 10 was now able to connect. I changed the SSID back to its old...
  3. Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update: There is a closed 2015 discussion* with a two not very good solutions system restore or a registry key which seems to no longer exist.I believe I have found a third solution. I changed the SSID in my router. Win 10 was now able to connect. I changed the SSID back to its old...
  4. Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10 - update: There is a closed 2015 discussion with a two not very good solutions system restore or a registry key which seems to no longer exist.I believe I have found a third solution. I changed the SSID in my router. Win 10 was now able to connect. I changed the SSID back to its old...
  5. Restoring network connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring network connection: An error has occurred while reconnecting Y: to \\ epson2E2CD2\usb storage Microsoft windows network. The network path was not found. The is connection has not been restored.I have the same problem with memory card ZI can use both Y and Z and my wife's PC but not mine.Any help...
  6. Restoring network connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring network connection: An error has occurred while reconnecting Y: to \\ epson2E2CD2\usb storage Microsoft windows network. The network path was not found. The is connection has not been restored.I have the same problem with memory card ZI can use both Y and Z and my wife's PC but not mine.Any help...
  7. rebooting after connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    rebooting after connecting to wifi: My laptop is get restarted after connecting to my home wifi. whenever i connect to wifi after 20 minutes it shows you are about to be signed out Restart in one minute . please help me for tackle this problem....
  8. How to recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10

How to recover a forgotten wifi network on windows 10: I accidentally clicked "forget network". Need to recover it and I searched to solve the problem but what I got as a solution is "system restore" which I can't do it because I hadn't created a restore point before. Don't know what to do. Please help!...
  9. Windows 10 network issue. Restoring Network Connections.

Windows 10 network issue. Restoring Network Connections.: Hi, I have a couple of users now who have reported that they experience issues while connecting to the network drives. This happens randomly so it is actually hard to reproduce the problem. This has happened when the employee is working remotely and also when the employee...
  10. Cannot Connect to Wifi Network After Windows 10 Updates

Cannot Connect to Wifi Network After Windows 10 Updates: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop with Windows 10 Home version 10.0.17134 Built 17134 x64. Wifi internet has been working fine for many years, but suddenly stopped working after what I can only suspect was a Windows update that caused an issue. I have been through...