Windows 10: After recent driver and window updates, my browsers keep losing the ability to "see" the...

Discus and support After recent driver and window updates, my browsers keep losing the ability to "see" the... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Microsoft Community Post Hi, I dug through the existing posts and couldn't find a topic that matched my issue exactly, or the ones that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamanthaBanner, Aug 1, 2018.

1. After recent driver and window updates, my browsers keep losing the ability to "see" the...

Microsoft Community Post​

Hi,

I dug through the existing posts and couldn't find a topic that matched my issue exactly, or the ones that did were older/ several updates ago.

Recently I have noticed this PC freezes, particularly when using Chrome. It is an older PC, but its maintained well, and works well typically. It isn't that the PC is becoming bogged down, and I don't think the issue is Chrome either. I have everything in the startup process disabled, except for what is needed. I don’t have any questionable software. I run AVG Internet Security Suite, and AVG PC Tune-up. I did notice that Chrome tends to open several windows at a time? Maybe it’s a window per tab? It seems to use a lot of memory to run. I don't know if that's an issue, or if that is just how Chrome operates. I stupidly did a few different things that could've caused the issue on the same day. I was in the mood to clean and update, but I should've monitored it more closely and I wouldn’t be in this predicament. This is what was done:

• Since Installed Firefox (Because of Chrome being slow, and I still don’t totally trust Edge… I feel like it is too closely related to internet explorer. Sorry Microsoft, maybe in time I’ll warm up to it)

• Installed the pending windows update (KB4338819)

• Installed Intel's Driver updater tool (I got tired of checking them one by one)
    • Installed HP Support Assistant (usually this would be on an HP Desktop, When Windows 10 first launched, it auto updated over top of my windows 7. I was irate yes, not just because of the update but also because it assassinated by hard drive. I installed another hard drive just about three months ago, so no software was preloaded, and I am in the process of recovering my old hard drive…grrr)

• Installed Hp hardware diagnostic tool

I noticed that in addition to the freezing and lag, I keep losing internet connection. I only lose internet within the browsers though? Everything else works, and all other devices in the house work. I have now tried Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge, and safari when this happens, and they all have the same exact response… a page that says “DNS FAILURE” or something like “NO INTERNET” “This website is not available” etc.

I noticed that when I open the adapter settings/properties, the IPV4 and IPV6 alternate between “connected” and “no internet.” So, when one switches to connected, the other switches to no internet and it goes back and forth.

It seems to work fine right after I restart the PC, and until I close a browser. When it’s working, the adapter settings say “internet” next to both IPV4 and IPV6.

***While I was typing this, automatic update cut me off. It installed update: 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4340917). I’m not sure that it matters but I am also enrolled in the Windows Insider program, for Drivers, Patches and Fixes only. The Drivers section says that the only recent updates were for Canon Printers, but I updated the Realtek drivers for sound and the chipset, outside of Windows update on the same day.

So far I have gone through every setting possible in the internet settings/adapter settings, I triple checked the settings within the router. I also reset the settings in all my AVG software in case it was blocking any sort of connections. I disabled windows firewall for a few minutes to see if that was the issue, and it isn’t.

Here is my system info if needed: also the system management page created this log, but i don’t know what a lot of these error reports mean at the bottom:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AoaEZMnEwkwZpFxAQ1guEpyswJVC

(its saved to OneDrive)

Any ideas? Or known issues I missed?

Idk if its the windows update. The laptop i have has the same update build installed but no issues.

:)

SamanthaBanner, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 1, 2018
  4. After recent driver and window updates, my browsers keep losing the ability to "see" the...

BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • New Features
      • New Icon.
      • New Type "about:config" in the address bar and click "Go" or press Enter on your keyboard to display the list of preferences for the GeckoFX browser.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - On the update window when you click "Yes" to get the update would take you to the old "BF3 Browser Utility" page. Now it takes you to the correct page.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

After recent driver and window updates, my browsers keep losing the ability to "see" the...

1. After recent driver and window updates, my browsers keep losing the ability to "see" the... - Similar Threads - recent driver window

2. Windows updater is not seeing the most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updater is not seeing the most recent updates: I have been battling to update my computer for a long time, and now it won't even try. Recently, we tried using selective start from System Configuration where we disabled all non-microsoft services. After that, and even after turning them back on, the windows updater will...
  3. Recent Microsoft update changed my ability to open documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Microsoft update changed my ability to open documents.: I use Open Office for my documents. I do not own and have never used the Word program. The new update yesterday changed something and now my documents won't open. When I double click the document "Word" looks like it is going to open but it does not. The Word box is only...
  4. Recent Microsoft update changed my ability to open documents.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Microsoft update changed my ability to open documents.: I use Open Office for my documents. I do not own and have never used the Word program. The new update yesterday changed something and now my documents won't open. When I double click the document "Word" looks like it is going to open but it does not. The Word box is only...
  5. Windows 10, Lose ability to browse after about an hour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, Lose ability to browse after about an hour: Good Morning - Since the last windows update, I loose the ability to browse the internet after around an hour of up time. It returns with a reboot.Please read before responding - I'm way past all the easy solutions like "reboot" or "flush DNS"Problem is NOT the router. All...
  6. Losing TouchScreen abilities on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Losing TouchScreen abilities on my laptop: I have this laptop that came with touchscreen capabilities, I reset the whole pc and reinstalled Windows using a USB, and now the touchscreen no longer works plus the audio drivers aren't found The computer name is Iota The model number is iOTA 2210 2GB RAM 1.44Ghz...
  7. Windows 10 Device Manager loses ability to update drivers over internet

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Device Manager loses ability to update drivers over internet: Microsoft allows users to download, install or update drivers on Windows 10 in multiple ways. You can update a device driver manually, including using Device Manager, Windows Update, and tools from device manufacturers. Updating drivers via Windows Update can take some time...
  8. Browsers slowing down after most recent Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browsers slowing down after most recent Windows update: I usually leave my laptop on overnight on stand by, but occasionally when I log on again the next day I find everything's been closed and it's restarted. Usually I assume this is due to a Windows update since I see no other reason it would automatically restart. At some...
  9. Keep Losing audio drivers??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keep Losing audio drivers??: I've got a HP Probook 6560b running Win 10 current build to 2019. There are 2 users, myself and my wife on it. All my wife uses it for is general browsing/social media etc but very little audio unless it's on social media for the most part. Sometimes after using it and...
  10. display and browser problems after recent update in windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    display and browser problems after recent update in windows: unable to change the brightness settings(intensity,nightmode) and unable to use the right click of mouse in browsers and cant even enter full screen mode (mozilla)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 issue screen downgrade dispaly driver