Windows 10: After recent update audio quits working after one minute.

Discus and support After recent update audio quits working after one minute. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here's the Version 2004 and OS Build 19041.508 Audio will work about a minute and then go silent, microphone is also affected. I can run the trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DialM4Speed, Sep 21, 2020.

1. After recent update audio quits working after one minute.

Here's the Version 2004 and OS Build 19041.508

Audio will work about a minute and then go silent, microphone is also affected. I can run the trouble shooter and after a scan it suggests changing the driver to the "inbox class driver" whatever that is. Sound will come back for about one minute and then there's none. There are no error messages and Device Manager shows no problems either.

:)

DialM4Speed, Sep 21, 2020

2. Windows Audio doesnt work, everytime a restart is required to bring back the audio

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for providing suggestions. I have tried all the listed troubleshooting before I raise an question over here.

None of the things helped....in few steps it makes Audio work(Only because of the Restart that is made) again if I shutdown my system and start back after couple of minutes/hours audio doesn't work.

Thank You!!

Sathish756, Sep 21, 2020
  3. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 21, 2020
  4. After recent update audio quits working after one minute.

Audio not working after recent upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Carlo,

Thank you for the detailed description of your issue and for sharing the troubleshooting steps that you've performed. Since the audio on your computer has stopped working, there's a possibility that the volume mixer may have been turned off or muted. The
    current audio driver may also be the problem that's why it's not working.

For us to isolate this issue further, please check the Volume Mixer and see if it's muted. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the sound icon in the notification area and click Open Volume Mixer. Normally, the volume is set like this:

After recent update audio quits working after one minute. 57ed890e-9992-41f0-a4b7-2491c74cfc85.png

2. If the volume on the browser that you are using is set to low, drag the volume control up to your desired level.

3. Once done, try testing the audio again and see if it's working.

If the issue persists, then we suggest that you try rolling back the driver for your audio inputs and outputs. Here's how:

• Open your Device Manager.
    • Expand the Audio inputs and outputs category.
    • Right-click your audio device and click Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab.
    • Click Roll Back Driver and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

After recent update audio quits working after one minute.

1. After recent update audio quits working after one minute. - Similar Threads - recent update audio

2. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard quit working after updates: I have an HP model 2000-2D49WM that came with windows 8. when I updated to 10, the keyboard stopped working. I have tried every possible solution I could find online.. Nothing has fixed it. I did discover that if I right click the start button then left click...
  3. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard quit working after updates: I have an HP model 2000-2D49WM that came with windows 8. when I updated to 10, the keyboard stopped working. I have tried every possible solution I could find online.. Nothing has fixed it. I did discover that if I right click the start button then left click...
  4. Keyboard quit working after updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  6. Audio quit working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio quit working after Windows 10 update: About a week ago I updated windows to Windows 10 Pro 21H1 and the audio quit working.MSI B550 MOBOI had been using the on board RealTech audio.So I ordered a Xonar SE sound card and installed it. With both units the Device Manager discovered them but in the Sound settings it...
  7. Cortana quit working after most recent Windows update.

in Cortana
    Cortana quit working after most recent Windows update.: Love Cortana but it quit working after the most recent Windows update I believe. The app does not appear on the Task Bar. However, changing 'Regedit' to allow Cortana and changing the zero to #1 adds the app to the Task bar. But an error message continues to state that...
  8. Audio quit working after a Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio quit working after a Windows update: My audio stopped working a day after a Windows update. This is the second time that happened. The first time it happened, I simply bought new speakers. That was about 4 months ago. I don’t want to buy another set of new speakers. I’ve tried pretty much everything. I’ve tried...
  9. Brother printer quit working after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brother printer quit working after recent Windows update: We have a brand new 2 weeks old Brother HL-L3210CW printer that was working just fine until the recent Windows update in June. I spent a long time on the phone with a Brother tech who had me power cycle the printer, uninstall and reinstall drivers and printer...nothing works....
  10. network quit working after updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network quit working after updates: WiFi does not connect after recent updates. Wifi used to connect anywhere. Do you know how to test network adapters? Update may wiped an old adapter or this Toshiba satellite M 645 S4070 may need different one. 90705