Windows 10: After recent Update install, laptop is very slow.

Discus and support After recent Update install, laptop is very slow. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using a two year old, fully updated, Hp laptop with Windows 10 and a IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz processor and NVIDA GE Force.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nok_247, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Nok_247 Win User

After recent Update install, laptop is very slow.

I am using a two year old, fully updated, Hp laptop with Windows 10 and a IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz processor and NVIDA GE Force. After a recent update, the laptop was running extremely slow.Taking 10 to 20 minutes to open after a full shutdown.Opening additional apps also taking a long time to open, several minutes.Scrolling within various apps such as the Brave Browser, MS Word, or apps such as Discord are very delayed.Typing in all apps is delayed. Probably only by microseconds but it is not normal.As an attempted solution, I did a full Windows reset with the lates

:)

Nok_247, Jun 23, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Jun 23, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

1. After recent Update install, laptop is very slow. - Similar Threads - recent Update install

2. Very slow Laptop after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow Laptop after Windows update: Hi,I recently did windows update on Windows 11. My Laptop ran perfectly before Intel i7 10 series, 32gb RAM, Nvidia 2060 GPU. Since updating, my laptop has become almost unusable. Doing normal tasks such as opening a folder or a browser causes it to grind to a halt for a few...
  3. Very slow Laptop after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow Laptop after Windows update: Hi,I recently did windows update on Windows 11. My Laptop ran perfectly before Intel i7 10 series, 32gb RAM, Nvidia 2060 GPU. Since updating, my laptop has become almost unusable. Doing normal tasks such as opening a folder or a browser causes it to grind to a halt for a few...
  4. Windows 10 very slow (in all aspects) after recent update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 very slow (in all aspects) after recent update: Hi, since last night my laptop has been awfully slow. I use it for work and about 95%+ of the time all I have open are: 2 MS word files, if not word 1 excel file (I'm an analyst so that's pretty much all I use) then a browser with about 4 to 8 tabs open (just websites for...
  5. Laptop very slow after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop very slow after Windows 10 Update: Update KB4576478 only partially loaded, laptop is running exceedingly slow. Uninstalled update 3 times and still in the system. What do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-very-slow-after-windows-10-update/bf981967-452b-45b8-927a-5edb4f21f0d0
  6. My laptop is very slow after an update in november

My laptop is very slow after an update in november: I have a Dell inspiron with Windows 10 Pro that was working very fast after I did an update those that appear after you are turning off the computer in november of this year, now my laptop is taking forever to turn on or turn off, and its working very slow in general. I don't...
  7. Very Slow Wifi After Recent Windows 1903 update and cumulative updates

Very Slow Wifi After Recent Windows 1903 update and cumulative updates: I just updated to the 1903 update and the cumulative updates after that. I have an intel ac 3165 wifi card with the latest driver, it came preinstalled in my Dell Inspiron 5570 that is only 1 year old. Before the updates my wifi speed was 200+ mbps, after the updates it is...
  8. Laptop is slow after recent Windows 10 Updates.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is slow after recent Windows 10 Updates.: Yet again Windows installs a regular uodate, and it slows my laptop down to the point that every click, in any program, takes minutes to respond. Thanks...
  9. Laptop is slow after recent Windows 10 Updates.

Laptop is slow after recent Windows 10 Updates.: Hi, ive posted similar issues before, so this is just some feedback about Windows 10 updates. Yet again Windows installs a regular uodate, and it slows my laptop down to the point that every click, in any program, takes minutes to respond. Will Microsoft ever listen to...
  10. Laptop very slow after Windows 10 update

Laptop very slow after Windows 10 update: Hi, My laptop, a Lenovo Yoga 920, recently had an auto-update for Windows 10. It updated to Microsoft Windows KB4462933. After the update, it has become VERY slow. My laptop had been running great before the update. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!...