Windows 10: After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down

Discus and support After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after installing the latest update, my laptop wont stay powered on. Most of the time i power it up and it turns off after a few seconds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonQwaf, Jan 9, 2019.

1. DonQwaf Win User

After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down

after installing the latest update, my laptop wont stay powered on.

Most of the time i power it up and it turns off after a few seconds.

Sometimes it will show the MSI logo and go a little further, but it still powers off.

It made it to the “windows is installing updates” page once and then died, and i even made it into BOOT once but even then it crashed. After about 10 seconds.

:)

DonQwaf, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

My laptop keeps shutting down after 30sec

Hi Andie,

To help us figure out what can cause your laptop to shut down after 30 seconds and the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent updates on your device?
    • When you said “to bring up Microsoft desk”, are you pertaining to your Microsoft account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 9, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Issues shutting down recently

Hello Lucille,

There may be several reasons why this message appears when shutting down your laptop. To further isolate what's causing this issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this issue start?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes prior to this happening?
    • How do you shut your system down?
    • Have you made sure that all apps are closed before shutting down your laptop?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this?

We have also found a discussion similar to what you are currently experiencing. Kindly click on this
    link and refer to Michael 12H's post.

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down - Similar Threads - recent update laptop

2. Laptop restarts after shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts after shut down: Hi, my laptop will restart after shutting down, What is the cause of this issue and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-shut-down/10cffe66-5e17-4326-be4b-03f550275d86
  3. laptop keeps shutting itself down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop keeps shutting itself down?: i have windows 10 my laptop shuts down by itself all the time, but ive noticed 2 patterns in this 1st one is that it shuts itself down immediatly after it goes into low power mode yknow like when its below 20% or whenever it goes into low power mode, ir doesnt even give me...
  4. Older laptop keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Support
    Older laptop keeps shutting down.: Hi guys, I'm looking for help on getting an older laptop working. I'm donating this laptop for kids who need devices to do remote learning. Basically, I have a Lenovo G50-45 Type 80E3. Here are the specs: CPU: AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics 1.80 GHz RAM: 4 GB...
  5. Laptop shutting down randomly after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shutting down randomly after update: Hi I was wondering if the community could help me out on this one, I have a Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 5000 series laptop. Before feature update 20H2 everything was working fine and dandy like it was supposed to. I install the update 20H2 and after that my PC starts having...
  6. Bug while shutting down laptop after recent windows 10 update

Bug while shutting down laptop after recent windows 10 update: Hello, I recently have started facing an issue with my laptop. When I shut down my laptop, it now stays on for over 10 minutes white light on the right side stays on. I mean that that the screen gets off but sometime i can hear the sound of the fans somewhat indicating that...
  7. Computer keeps shutting down after latest update

Computer keeps shutting down after latest update: My laptop shuts down by itself after a few minutes of non use. This started happening after a February 2020 Windows update. How can this be corrected/fixed ?...
  8. Keeps Shutting Down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it: REGEDIT Windows Defenders Scans Antivirus Scans (McAfee) and Microsoft Safety Scanner None of them have founds anything in the system. How can I fix this problem?...
  9. Shutting down of Laptop after windows update

Shutting down of Laptop after windows update: Good Evening, Why is it that every time Windows 10 updates on my laptop, it keeps cutting off until it eventually stops for itself? Technically it doesn't shut down but it goes to sleep. Diandre...
  10. Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shuts down after Windows 10 update: Since updating Windows last week, my laptop will consistently shut down a couple minutes after being turned on. The screen goes black and then the power and hard drive activity light turn off, which suggests it has shut down but when I power it back on all programs are still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update 1903 keeps shutting

2. windows 10 has started shutting down on its own after last update 1903

3. Windows laptop shutting down in sleep mode after the recent update

4. dell n5010 turns off 30 seconds after login