Windows 10: After recent update my computer is all messed up

Discus and support After recent update my computer is all messed up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Right after the recent update my computer is slow to connect to anything and everything except for the internet, I now get frozen in games after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by boop6745, Dec 14, 2019.

1. boop6745 Win User

After recent update my computer is all messed up

Right after the recent update my computer is slow to connect to anything and everything except for the internet, I now get frozen in games after several attempts of trying to launch the game and it takes 2 mins or more to connect to anything such as discord.

Please help, I have searched the internet far and wide and can't find any solutions.

:)

boop6745, Dec 14, 2019

2. Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      After recent update my computer is all messed up Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Recent Windows 10 Update - messed up everything!

Hello Austin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We are glad to help you.

Please share few details to narrow down the issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• How are you trying to connect your printer?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

First, I would suggest you to follow the steps from the link given below and check if it helps in importing favorites from Edge:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/import-favorites-in-microsoft-edge

Then I would you to try the troubleshooter and check:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.

• Click on View All in the top left pane.

• From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

1. Connect to the internet.

2. Press Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on Check for updates.

4. Under Windows Updates, click on Check
    for updates

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Recently got a stop error on my brand new computer

Hi Kevin,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you check first if your computer is up to date. You may follow these steps on how to check for updates:

• In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update.
    • Select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

1. After recent update my computer is all messed up - Similar Threads - recent update computer

2. Update messed my computer up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update messed my computer up!: A couple of weeks ago windows did an update. When it did it made the whole system run extremely slow and sluggish. I did the trouble shooter thing and now I can not get to my pictures ,settings, email, microsoft store, pretty much everything. I right click on the start button...
  3. Update messed my computer up!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update messed my computer up!: A couple of weeks ago windows did an update. When it did it made the whole system run extremely slow and sluggish. I did the trouble shooter thing and now I can not get to my pictures ,settings, email, microsoft store, pretty much everything. I right click on the start button...
  4. Recent updates messed power settings up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recent updates messed power settings up: After one of the recent updates, my laptop's power settings, specifically turning screen off when plugged in, seem to reset on regular basis. I change it to "never" and after next reboot it changes back to 15 minutes. Strangely enough, sleep setting does not reset. It was...
  5. Update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update messed up my computer: After the latest update I woke up to find All but three Desktop icons and all my start menu Icons had disappeared,along with numerous programmes and apps not working, I spent a couple of days trying to rectify the problems, got one or two apps to work, then uninstalled the...
  6. After a recent update, all colors and hues are messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After a recent update, all colors and hues are messed up: Everything including icons, desktop, games, ect are all darker than usual. Nothing I do changes it submitted by /u/Skipjack000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gpv90p/after_a_recent_update_all_colors_and_hues_are/
  7. Recent Cumulative Update 2020-01 messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Cumulative Update 2020-01 messed up my computer: I ran the updates yesterday and when I restarted the computer Dell Inspirion was like it was starting with an all new Windows. I lost everything on my taskbar, my background, Edge and Chrome opened like they were brand new to the computer. I can't turn the sync settings on...
  8. The most recent update messed up my folders.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The most recent update messed up my folders.: submitted by /u/bitesizeboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0184w/the_most_recent_update_messed_up_my_folders/
  9. why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my libraries all messed up after the latest updates?: my Asus notebook has been running ultra slow for a week and just before I got 2 big flashes b4 the latest updates my system message said ( when I got it on again Windows )Critical Error...so I got the crazy updates and my pc is nearly toast.when I download the files are...
  10. update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update messed up my computer: I cannot describe with simple words how much I hate Windows 10, this last updated messed up my computer AGAIN to a degree my whole desktop Disappeared, all my pin apps are not any where I can find, It crashes and restart out of the blue when I am in the middle of call and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i stopped my computer in the middle of updates now it is messed up