Windows 10: After recent update of bios, temporary profile is in place

Discus and support After recent update of bios, temporary profile is in place in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After updating the bios, I can't seem to log back in my normal account. I have tried the method of going in to regedit and deleting one, but still it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mik07, Jan 1, 2021.

1. mik07 Win User

After recent update of bios, temporary profile is in place

After updating the bios, I can't seem to log back in my normal account. I have tried the method of going in to regedit and deleting one, but still it goes in preparing window and log ins without my old setting. I am able to access the account only in safemode. I would greatly appreciate if one help me out with this problem.

:)

mik07, Jan 1, 2021

2. Temporary Profile on Logon

Hi Elaine,

Being signed in with a temporary profile may occur if the user account is not loaded correctly or has been removed from the system. For us to properly assist you in rectifying this unusual behavior, supply more information by answering these questions:

• Is your PC connected to a domain?
    • Were you able to load the same profile on your computer before using the new hard drive?
    • What exactly is being logged in as "temporary profile"? Is it another user account on your computer?
    • Aside from using the new hard drive, have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 1, 2021
  3. dgootee Win User
    Try to login into my profile but am redirected to temporary profile.

In simple terms and step by step how to have my profile not be redirected to a temporary profile. Answers I have seen are too technical. Cannot figure out where to start on my computer to create a new user account as posts suggest. This started the
    day I updated to Windows 10.

dgootee, Jan 1, 2021
  4. After recent update of bios, temporary profile is in place

Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

After recent update of bios, temporary profile is in place

1. After recent update of bios, temporary profile is in place - Similar Threads - recent update bios

2. Temporary profile after update install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary profile after update install.: Lap top running Windows 8. Problem. After recent update, was signed in on a temporary profile. Tried several attempts to re sign in as directed by pop up box but no joy. Tried to system restore, but after this getting pop up box with system restore did not complete...
  3. Temporary profile after update install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary profile after update install.: Lap top running Windows 8. Problem. After recent update, was signed in on a temporary profile. Tried several attempts to re sign in as directed by pop up box but no joy. Tried to system restore, but after this getting pop up box with system restore did not complete...
  4. Recently my pc got into temporary profile error..

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Recently my pc got into temporary profile error..: showing 2 new profiles 1 with my original profile name and the 2nd profile named administrator. And I tried so many fixes but issue isn't solved . I tried regedit fix by removing temp profile and renaming the .bak file, and tried safe mode,restarting several times also didn't...
  5. Recently my pc got into temporary profile error..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently my pc got into temporary profile error..: showing 2 new profiles 1 with my original profile name and the 2nd profile named administrator. And I tried so many fixes but issue isn't solved . I tried regedit fix by removing temp profile and renaming the .bak file, and tried safe mode,restarting several times also didn't...
  6. Temporary Profile after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary Profile after Windows update: Windows ran an update to my PC today and when I logged in all my files were missing from the Documents folder. I was able to find them in the C Drive under users and the Documents folders seems to point to Temp. When trying to sync my account I got a message in Red that said...
  7. Temporary profile

Temporary profile: Hello All, My windows was reinstalled and I see the following message. "You are logged on with a temporary profile." I need to resolve this. Any guidance will be most appreciated....
  8. Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Profile: My computer is stuck in a temporary profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile/e864ddb8-1bc3-4bd8-9f60-f419a5154c11
  9. Can't get out of temporary profile after update

Can't get out of temporary profile after update: So my computer woke me up in the middle of the night as it was trying to update, even though I have it set to not auto update. So I gave in and updated it, and upon starting up I got a Page Fault in a non paged area fault, and am now stuck in a Temporary profile and can not...
  10. temporary profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    temporary profile: I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted...