Windows 10: After recent update wifi keeps cutting out and only comes back on restart

Discus and support After recent update wifi keeps cutting out and only comes back on restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For reference, I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, and I'm running Windows 10 home. About a week ago, there was a Microsoft update, and since then, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thepinkladyj, Jun 28, 2020.

1. After recent update wifi keeps cutting out and only comes back on restart

For reference, I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, and I'm running Windows 10 home.

About a week ago, there was a Microsoft update, and since then, I keep having this problem where randomly throughout the day, my wifi will just stop working. My internet is fine. My wifi and router are working just fine for every other device in the house. The only way to get my wifi back is to restart. I'm restarting 3-4 times a day, and it's really getting on my nerves.

I've tried most of the repair methods listed for this issue on this blog post, but nothing is working!
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-regain-internet-access-after-installing-update-windows-10

I also made sure to download any additional updates from Window since this started, just in case they knew and had sent out an update to fix the problem - nothing.

Is there something I missed? Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

submitted by /u/thepinkladyj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thepinkladyj, Jun 28, 2020
  2. EdhuCesar Win User

Windows 10 Wifi keeps disconnecting after Spring update

Hello there.

After I updated my PC with the latest patch, my wifi is horrible. It keeps dropping the internet connection every 10 minutes or so and the access to internet is cut off for 10 - 20 secs and then comes back. Really annoying.

(I tried updating my wifi adapter, internet adapter on the Device manage, also the easy step turn off and on the router and didn't solve my issue)

Any suggestions? Thanks.

EdhuCesar, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Tom_F805 Win User
    Laptop randomly restarts, when it comes back on, no wifi connection.

Hi,

as the subject suggests, my laptop has been randomly restarting and when it comes back on, the laptop can no longer connect to the wifi or Ethernet (red cross on wifi symbol). Sometimes when I have logged in after one of these restarts, the Red Cross becomes
    a yellow triangle with an ! within it. It no longer recognises any wifi connections.

Usually after the random restart, if I restart it again manually, the wifi returns. however at this moment, it has not been returning after several manual restarts.

I have not touched any sort of button or setting to do with the wifi / connection area so i don't know why this could be happening.

Also I'll add that before the computer restarts itself, everything freezes on screen and audio cuts out with an audiable noise if wearing headphones.

This has been happening ever since I got back from a trip. I did not take my laptop with me or use it for 2+ weeks.

thanks for reading and I hope to hear from someone soon.

edit: i have checked events viewer and found critical system events with the label kernel. Anyone know what that means?

Tom_F805, Jun 28, 2020
  4. TomPurc Win User

After recent update wifi keeps cutting out and only comes back on restart

Sound randomly cuts out and comes back after a second.

Hi,

So I'm using Windows 10 and I'm having an annoying problem. When I'm watching a video on YouTube, Windows randomly cuts out sound and after a second comes back. I don't know why this happens.

TomPurc, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

After recent update wifi keeps cutting out and only comes back on restart

1. After recent update wifi keeps cutting out and only comes back on restart - Similar Threads - recent update wifi

2. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Keeps Cutting Out: Have a user who is experiencing intermittent Wifi connection issues. Sometimes rebooting resolves the issue, sometimes it requires turning off and on the specific network adapter, but these generic troubleshooting resolutions did not stick long term.Created a wireless network...
  3. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Keeps Cutting Out: Have a user who is experiencing intermittent Wifi connection issues. Sometimes rebooting resolves the issue, sometimes it requires turning off and on the specific network adapter, but these generic troubleshooting resolutions did not stick long term.Created a wireless network...
  4. Wifi Keeps Cutting Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in: My wifi in my laptop keeps cutting out and cutting back in. its a qualcomm atheros qca9377, and this happened after i reinstalled windows yesterday after the os getting corrupted. i havent found a driver but yesterday it connected fine, but today the issue started to happen....
  6. My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in: My wifi in my laptop keeps cutting out and cutting back in. its a qualcomm atheros qca9377, and this happened after i reinstalled windows yesterday after the os getting corrupted. i havent found a driver but yesterday it connected fine, but today the issue started to happen....
  7. My laptop's wifi keeps cutting out and cutting back in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Bluetooth cutting out and coming back immediately after.

Bluetooth cutting out and coming back immediately after.: To start off I want to say that I have done pretty much everything that I can find. I've checked to make sure no other connections are interrupting the signal, I've tried adjusting power management settings, turned Bluetooth on and off, and un-installing and re-installing...
  9. wifi keeps cutting out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wifi keeps cutting out: Whenever I'm not doing anything network intensive my wifi cuts out, when the wifi cuts out I have to reset the network adapter to get it working again. I have disabled "allow this computer to turn off this device to save power", but unfortunately that doesn't fix it; this...
  10. Audio cuts out and comes back

Audio cuts out and comes back: Ever since I got my computer about a month ago I've been having a very annoying problem. The audio from my headphones stops for 1-2 seconds and then immediately returns. There's nothing wrong with my headphones, I've tried using different ones and I kept having the same...