Windows 10: AFTER RECENT UPDATES EDGE WILL NOT OPEN HAVE OLDER WINDOWS 1809 CHROME OPENS EVERY TIME I...

Discus and support AFTER RECENT UPDATES EDGE WILL NOT OPEN HAVE OLDER WINDOWS 1809 CHROME OPENS EVERY TIME I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; AFTER RECENT UPDATES EDGE WILL NOT OPEN RUNNING OLDER VERSION 1809 THIS HAPPENS EVERY TIMME I GET UPDATES THATS WHY I KEEP OLDER VERSION CHROME OPENS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lensimms07, Nov 16, 2018.

1. AFTER RECENT UPDATES EDGE WILL NOT OPEN HAVE OLDER WINDOWS 1809 CHROME OPENS EVERY TIME I...

AFTER RECENT UPDATES EDGE WILL NOT OPEN RUNNING OLDER VERSION 1809 THIS HAPPENS EVERY TIMME I GET UPDATES THATS WHY I KEEP OLDER VERSION CHROME OPENS SHOULD I NEVER ACCEPT UPDATES

:)

lensimms07, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

3. Windows 10 - Outlook Hyperlinks and PDFs Opening in Edge Not Chrome

I wish this had helped, but it didn't. PDF attachments and URLs in Outlook emails still open in Edge. This behavior only started after a recent Windows 10 update.

Method 2 had no effect. Method 1 doesn't find Microsoft Outlook, only finds the following Microsoft programs :

• Microsoft account
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft family restrictions
    • Microsoft Solitaire Collection
    My clumsy workaround is to drag a copy of a PDF to the desktop (where it shows as an Adobe doc and will open with Adobe Reader) or copy a URL from an email, open a Chrome browser, and paste the URL.

BobInTheMountains, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Dave____J Win User

AFTER RECENT UPDATES EDGE WILL NOT OPEN HAVE OLDER WINDOWS 1809 CHROME OPENS EVERY TIME I...

chrome will not open

IK reinstalled the KB and a Silverlight update, no luck. I tried to remove chrome , again, using the suggested tool. Chrome was not on the list, I selected not listed. It wanted the product code. A quick internet search did not find it. I removed chrome
    using the add and remove programs.,reinstalled chrome and ran the clean up tool, no malware. chrome now opens.. I have signed in and it is working. The second removal worked. thx

Dave____J, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

AFTER RECENT UPDATES EDGE WILL NOT OPEN HAVE OLDER WINDOWS 1809 CHROME OPENS EVERY TIME I...

1. AFTER RECENT UPDATES EDGE WILL NOT OPEN HAVE OLDER WINDOWS 1809 CHROME OPENS EVERY TIME I... - Similar Threads - RECENT UPDATES EDGE

2. Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened: Every time I open edge it won't take more than a few minutes before it freezes windows explorer and I have to restart it every single time!I've done everything I disabled the graphic acceleration, I disabled all the bad features, I scanned for malwares but no nothing is...
  3. Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened: Every time I open edge it won't take more than a few minutes before it freezes windows explorer and I have to restart it every single time!I've done everything I disabled the graphic acceleration, I disabled all the bad features, I scanned for malwares but no nothing is...
  4. Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Chrome does not open after the most recent update. is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome does not open after the most recent update. is there a fix?: just updated with the most recent Microsoft update. when i click on the chrome icon to start up chrome, you get a spinning circle next to the cursor arrow for a couple of seconds and then nothing happens. is there a fix?...
  6. Every time I hit escape a new chrome window opens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I hit escape a new chrome window opens: Previously it would open up the mail app. i deleted it and now it’s chrome. i’m new to windows so have no idea what could have caused this or what to do submitted by /u/cranberrysprite666 [link] [comments]...
  7. In my laptop,every time i open Google Chrome instead of opening chrome it opens Firefox....

in Windows 10 Customization
    In my laptop,every time i open Google Chrome instead of opening chrome it opens Firefox....: From last 1 week i have tried to open google chrome but it always opens Mozilla firefox ,i have tried changing defaults and have tried to delete firefox but nothing work.I have to work on google but it won't let me open chrome.Please help,Thanks...
  8. google chrome older shortcuts not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome older shortcuts not opening: Hi, Had this problem for a while now with google chrome browser, I can create new shortcuts to desktop and they work fine but older ones still will not open the icon etc is there but it only opens to the google page, I have uninstalled chrome,reset it etc but nothing seems...
  9. Edge won't open after 1809 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge won't open after 1809 update: I installed the 1809 update last night and now Edge won't load. Get the "oops something must have happened" message. Bing and FireFox work fine. IVP6 is enabled....
  10. Edge not opening webpages after upgrade to 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge not opening webpages after upgrade to 1809: Hi guys there definitely seems to be a bug with 1809 affecting certain Realtek network cards and Edge. Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.2) I have three computers. Two laptops & a desktop. DT & one laptop had no problems but the laptop with...