Windows 10: After recent updates to Windows 10 MSPaint has been removed. Where can I get a reinstall...

Discus and support After recent updates to Windows 10 MSPaint has been removed. Where can I get a reinstall... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I no longer have access to MS Paint. I have used the program to quickly view and resize pictures for easy sharing on cell phone or email, etc. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cajun Piledriver, Jun 12, 2020.

1. After recent updates to Windows 10 MSPaint has been removed. Where can I get a reinstall...

I no longer have access to MS Paint. I have used the program to quickly view and resize pictures for easy sharing on cell phone or email, etc. I can no longer find the program on the computer when searching C: in Windows Explorer for MSPaint.exe so I have to assume it is not available. I understand it should be available on Windows 10 along with Paint 3D which does not work properly either.

:)

Cajun Piledriver, Jun 12, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Jun 12, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 12, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

After recent updates to Windows 10 MSPaint has been removed. Where can I get a reinstall...

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! After recent updates to Windows 10 MSPaint has been removed.  Where can I get a reinstall... :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

After recent updates to Windows 10 MSPaint has been removed. Where can I get a reinstall...

1. After recent updates to Windows 10 MSPaint has been removed. Where can I get a reinstall... - Similar Threads - recent updates MSPaint

2. Where is my MSPaint?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my MSPaint?: I just ran the latest Windows 11 update, and I discovered today MSPaint was removed from my computer. How can I restore Paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-mspaint/a0286b7d-1a2c-4db9-809e-129ca0b62123
  3. Where is my MSPaint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my MSPaint?: I just ran the latest Windows 11 update, and I discovered today MSPaint was removed from my computer. How can I restore Paint? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-mspaint/a0286b7d-1a2c-4db9-809e-129ca0b62123
  4. Can i know if the threat has been removed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i know if the threat has been removed?: A week ago, microsoft defender found HackTool:Win32 on my pc. I was very scared and i removed it. I used lots of antivirus and Tron too, everyone says it has been removed but microsoft defender finds it again at every scansion even if the file has been removed. How can i be...
  5. Can i know if the threat has been removed?

Can i know if the threat has been removed?: A week ago, microsoft defender found HackTool:Win32 on my pc. I was very scared and i removed it. I used lots of antivirus and Tron too, everyone says it has been removed but microsoft defender finds it again at every scansion even if the file has been removed. How can i be...
  6. Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it?: I started a document in wordpad, and now it appears wordpad doesn't exist on my computer.This happened with microsoft paint. The only solution I can see is to use a different operating system, which is going to be a pain, but I can't afford to be at risk of microsoft forcing...
  7. Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it?

Where is Wordpad ? Has a recent update uninstalled it?: I started a document in wordpad, and now it appears wordpad doesn't exist on my computer.This happened with microsoft paint. The only solution I can see is to use a different operating system, which is going to be a pain, but I can't afford to be at risk of microsoft forcing...
  8. Can i be able to reinstall Adobe Flash on Windows 10 after the "Flash removal updates"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i be able to reinstall Adobe Flash on Windows 10 after the "Flash removal updates"?: Today, Microsoft has released an update just for completely remove Adobe Flash components on Windows devices KB4577586 , although it's on Microsoft Update Catalog for manually download only, but it will be pushed to any windows 10 device on 2021, which kind of produce a...
  9. Reinstalling MSN after recent updates.

Reinstalling MSN after recent updates.: After downloading updates Monday, I noticed that the blue butterfly icon was missing from the desktop. I uninstalled MSN and reinstalled it. When it came time to sign the agreement, I noticed that there were strange numbers and letters after my email. I typed my email...
  10. Reinstalling windows 10 on a PC where windows 10 has previously been installed on a...

Reinstalling windows 10 on a PC where windows 10 has previously been installed on a...: So, back when the windows 10 upgrade was free, I upgraded a version of windows 7 on my pc to windows 10. Back then I wasn't quite fond of windows 10 so I ended up deleting the partition again. I've been using windows 10 on my laptop for a while now, and quite like it, so now...