Windows 10: After recent Win10 updates, lots not working anymore.

Discus and support After recent Win10 updates, lots not working anymore. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had to reinstall MS Office; none of the my apps in StartMenu - regardless of which ones - will open when I click on them. I Pin apps to Taskbar and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ValerieBrewster, Sep 13, 2021.

1. After recent Win10 updates, lots not working anymore.

I had to reinstall MS Office; none of the my apps in StartMenu - regardless of which ones - will open when I click on them. I Pin apps to Taskbar and when I click on the icon in TaskBar, they disappear: Mail, Calendar, Calculator, Outlook, OneNote, StickyNotes, to name a few. I had to reinstall Zoom, WhatsApp and a whole lot of other apps that were there before. Many of the things that I saved to my desktop seemed to have disappeared after this latest update.I didn't make any changes to my laptop. Calendar, Calculator, and Mail show a white status line in StartMenu, but nothing is downloading.

:)

ValerieBrewster, Sep 13, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 13, 2021
  3. GIL
    gil Win User
    Windows sound not playing after recent Win10 Update

Hi all,

Symptom:
    Since last windows update, windows doesn't play the windows sounds: Startup, UAC sound, exclamation, warning, notifications, etc.

Note: Other sounds, like games, videos, calls are working well.

I use SoundBlaster Z series sound card. Their recent driver update release notes lists that the driver is fixing this issue.

Actions taken:
    Removed the driver completely
    rebooted
    Reinstalled the driver

Results:
    After initial boot and subsequent restarts, the windows sounds play well.
    After a computer shutdown and startup - the above symptom is introduced again, i.e., windows sounds don't play anymore.

I've repeated the steps above and ended up with the same problem.

Can anyone please assist?

Win10 Pro
    Version 1909
    OS Build 18363.657

Thanks.

4. Ikaruga Win User

After recent Win10 updates, lots not working anymore.

GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

After recent Win10 updates, lots not working anymore.

1. After recent Win10 updates, lots not working anymore. - Similar Threads - recent Win10 updates

2. recent win10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recent win10 update: I have a Dell 2017 Latitude 3580 that won't boot up after the latest update. Is there a fix for this or do I have to pay for it myself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-win10-update/279f40a0-9e84-459c-9cbd-29742700b3c8
  3. recent win10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recent win10 update: I have a Dell 2017 Latitude 3580 that won't boot up after the latest update. Is there a fix for this or do I have to pay for it myself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-win10-update/279f40a0-9e84-459c-9cbd-29742700b3c8
  4. recent win10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After the recent update, the sound got lowered by a lot...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After the recent update, the sound got lowered by a lot...: As title said, after the recent update (I think it's this one, KB4497615) I felt like the sound got lowered, is there a way to fix this? I tried to update the driver and it said up to date if this helps, also is there a problem if I just uninstall the update? I never...
  6. having issues after recently updates on win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    having issues after recently updates on win10: 1. no volume during watching video, I found the ways to solve it, however, it doesn't work(sometimes it works for a while) 2. cannot type Chinese anymore(everywhere!) 3.Microsoft Edge doesnt work anymore 2019.09.15 all happened today. cant figure out why this all happened...
  7. After Win10 Update PC doesn't boot anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Win10 Update PC doesn't boot anymore: I tried resetting throught that first blue screen but as soon as I click it the button stays pressed dmfor hours and doesnt reset, I tried rolling back to old version and all the options in the screen, if I try to open the CMD (on the same screen) it ask for password and I...
  8. win10 dosent work anymore !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 dosent work anymore !: Plz answer ! I used Minitool partition to increase the partition c space by taking some size from disk d and also increasing the size of system . I thought this would solve the problem of 100% disk in task manager and pressed on apply. The program started loading and then...
  9. Does the Synced theme even work anymore with the recent updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does the Synced theme even work anymore with the recent updates?: I am having trouble changing the synced theme in windows 10. I have a surface pro and a desktop. I was changing the background to my laptop and it showed up as a custom theme in the personalization theme settings. I tried everything but the synced theme just stays with the...
  10. Win10 Laptop + 2 Screens Not Working After Recent Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Laptop + 2 Screens Not Working After Recent Updates: My work laptop has been working fine for the last couple months on Win10 Technical Preview using the laptop screen in between a couple monitors for a 3 screen multiple monitor setup, but something broke it in a recent update back on 10074. Basically I can only ever have 2...