Windows 10: After Recent Windows 10 Update, Edge is the only broweser that works consistently

Discus and support After Recent Windows 10 Update, Edge is the only broweser that works consistently in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After a Windows 10 Update, Edge is the only browser that works consistently, and even it does not work sometimes. I tried "netsh winsock reset", and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LouisCapuano, Sep 22, 2018.

1. After Recent Windows 10 Update, Edge is the only broweser that works consistently

After a Windows 10 Update, Edge is the only browser that works consistently, and even it does not work sometimes. I tried "netsh winsock reset", and "netsh int ip reset", it worked on the first try, but after I closed Edge, Brave and Chrome, and restarted them, Brave and Chrome didn't work. Everything was working fine until I did the update, and I can still play online games, and there are two other computers connected to the network, so I know the Internet is not the problem. I have searched the Internet, and I see this problem often, but none of the fixes work permanently for me. Please let me know what information you need. Thanks for any help you can provide.

:)

LouisCapuano, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 22, 2018
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Sep 22, 2018
  4. After Recent Windows 10 Update, Edge is the only broweser that works consistently

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

After Recent Windows 10 Update, Edge is the only broweser that works consistently

1. After Recent Windows 10 Update, Edge is the only broweser that works consistently - Similar Threads - Recent Update Edge

2. Touchpad not working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working after recent windows update: Hi,I have a Lenovo Legion 5, around 7 months old, and after a Windows update last week, my touchpad stopped working 10 minutes before; it worked fine, so I think it should be a software error. I tried updating the touchpad drivers, I tried deleting the drivers, and I tried...
  3. Touchpad not working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working after recent windows update: Hi,I have a Lenovo Legion 5, around 7 months old, and after a Windows update last week, my touchpad stopped working 10 minutes before; it worked fine, so I think it should be a software error. I tried updating the touchpad drivers, I tried deleting the drivers, and I tried...
  4. Edge not working after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge not working after updating Windows: Windows 11 has Edge and before it is working fine. Not until I installed the updates and now it is not responding at all. Keep spinning and nothing happens until I close it and do it again. Uninstalling updates do not resolve the issue...
  5. Edge not working after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge not working after updating Windows: Windows 11 has Edge and before it is working fine. Not until I installed the updates and now it is not responding at all. Keep spinning and nothing happens until I close it and do it again. Uninstalling updates do not resolve the issue...
  6. Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keyboard not working after recent windows 10 update: Hi, after the recent windows 10 update, the keyboard on my laptop stopped working.I have tried reinstalling the drivers, uninstalling the update, and restoring my PC to a previous date, is there anything else I could do to fix the issue?Thanks....
  7. Start Menu Not Working In Windows 10 after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start Menu Not Working In Windows 10 after recent update: After a recent update for Windows 10, my start menu button is showing an error. The search function to the right of it isn't working either. Also my settings aren't working. Can anyone assist? This is the error I get. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows hello not working after the recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows hello not working after the recent update: Windows hello can't acces the webcam all other apps can and the webcam is working properly. This happened after i installed the recent update. Any solutions ? I have an hp spectre x360 laptop submitted by /u/Sanchit112 [link] [comments]...
  9. wifi not working after recent windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi not working after recent windows update: Wifi stopped working after recent update, namely the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 device has a yellow exclamation mark and is not working. My computed does not see any wifi connections, like it's not supposed to be even capable of connecting to internet via any this...
  10. IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates: Yesterday I was forced to reboot my computer as MS installed some Windows Updates. After the reboot I can no longer access google.com's main page and some other https site like my companies Citrix Storefront login page. These all worked before the forced update. There were 2...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 only edge works

2. windows 10 only edge browser works

3. only edge browser working winsock not helping

4. only edge works,
  5. edge only browser that works,
  6. edge is the only browser that works,
  7. only edge works windows 10 2019,
  8. only edge browser works,
  9. why is edge the only browser that works,
  10. win 10 only edge browser working,
  11. how to update windows broweser in windows 10,