Windows 10: after recovering from win 10 1903 user.000 problem how do i reinstate the original user ac...

Discus and support after recovering from win 10 1903 user.000 problem how do i reinstate the original user ac... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have all my files back in a new user a/c <NewUser> and it is working. I lost some sent emails and some Firefox history. Say my older user account is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ocopa, Oct 5, 2019.

1. ocopa Win User

after recovering from win 10 1903 user.000 problem how do i reinstate the original user ac...

I have all my files back in a new user a/c <NewUser> and it is working. I lost some sent emails and some Firefox history. Say my older user account is <oldUser> . Its Desktop doesn't setup (like it was) properly and i have tried all the recommended fixes. I am not interested in further attempts to fix it to boot (better)

I have decided to remove it.

So if i do that (how, what steps, please), how do i reinstate <oldUser> (which is my MS account) and move back all of the current settings in NewUser to oldUser?

As an aside to MS, please find a better way to handle the possibility of such problems, you could for instance run a sfc/ scannow and determine there is a problem before running an update which exacerbates problems at the user end.

Thanks for any help..

:)

ocopa, Oct 5, 2019

2. How to get original user 'name' back after Win 10 changed to 'name.000

Some Win update (maybe KB4505903 & KB4508433) has changed my user name, into ‘name.000’. How can they do that??? They moved everything from my personal user directory ‘Name’ into a new user directory ‘Name.000’. Lost info and my Outlook 2013 won’t work & what to do with My Original Directory (I want it back)! Would uninstalling the updates above help anything??? Or do I move everything - will it happen again?

Also, I've done many suggestions re loggin into a 'temporary account'. That is not the problem - I checked it up & down.

Thank you for your help. *Sad

happyheart, Oct 5, 2019
  3. User Account problem

You could do this but the process is somewhat involved. You would need to do this:

1. Restore the original path with a registry hack.
    2. Create a bootable Windows Repair flash disk.
    3. Boot the machine with this disk and open a Command Prompt.
    4. Issue several console commands so that the .000 folder becomes the original folder.
    5. Reboot
    Steps 1, 3 and 4 are demanding for people who are not familiar with Windows at a support level. In addition, Step 1 is unsupported by Microsoft and might therefore have unintended consequences. If I was in your position then I would leave the current setup
    as it is. As they say - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Frederik Long, Oct 5, 2019
  4. after recovering from win 10 1903 user.000 problem how do i reinstate the original user ac...

Windows 10 Update 1903 renames User fiolder

After updating Windows 10 with Feature Update 1903

Users/User is renamed Users/User.000

and a new folder Users/User created with just a handful of files in it

So, for example, backup settings for Money are wrong.

How can this be fixed?

David Hywel Rees, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

after recovering from win 10 1903 user.000 problem how do i reinstate the original user ac...

1. after recovering from win 10 1903 user.000 problem how do i reinstate the original user ac... - Similar Threads - recovering 1903 user

2. How do I recover the files from found.000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover the files from found.000: Hi, So recently I changed some ports and looks like this broken some of the files on my SSD. There a few steam and xbox games which I cannot play anymore. The problem is that there are 500 gb's and I don't want to reinstall them all. Now I need to specify that they're not...
  3. How do I recover the files from found.000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover the files from found.000: Hi, So recently I changed some ports and looks like this broken some of the files on my SSD. There a few steam and xbox games which I cannot play anymore. The problem is that there are 500 gb's and I don't want to reinstall them all. Now I need to specify that they're not...
  4. How do I recover the files from found.000

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10: How to fix user.000 folder problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: How to fix user.000 folder problem: I've recently started up my computer after a while and noticed that instead of just having a user folder, for instance "Shane", I have "Shane" and "Shane.000". All my files from "Shane" are now in "Shane.000" and I want to put them back into my normal Shane user folder and...
  6. User.000 issue after updating to 1909

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909: I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated. After applying Update...
  7. User account .000 after upgrade to 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User account .000 after upgrade to 1909: After upgrading to Windows 10 1909, my account admin was renamed to admin.000 and a new admin user was added. What the heck being polite. How do I get my "stuff" from the .000 into the new account?...
  8. How to get original user 'name' back after Win 10 changed to 'name.000

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to get original user 'name' back after Win 10 changed to 'name.000: Some Win update (maybe KB4505903 & KB4508433) has changed my user name, into ‘name.000’. How can they do that??? They moved everything from my personal user directory ‘Name’ into a new user directory ‘Name.000’. Lost info and my Outlook 2013 won’t work & what to do with My...
  9. How to get original user 'name' back after Win 10 changed to 'name.000

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get original user 'name' back after Win 10 changed to 'name.000: Some Win update (maybe KB4505903 & KB4508433) has changed my user name, into ‘name.000’. How can they do that??? They moved everything from my personal user directory ‘Name’ into a new user directory ‘Name.000’. Lost info and my Outlook 2013 won’t work & what to do with My...
  10. Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updated to 1903 but 'user'.000 now created and holds all my user files: Hi, as per the title. All my pre-update User files are now in a folder with ".000" added to the name. I've already run into problems with programs using the non .000 path e.g. Dropbox. Is there an easy fix for this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update 1903 renamed user folder

2. user.000 windows 10

3. user.000 windows 10 fix

4. windows 10 1903 user profile .000