Windows 10: After recovery, lost external monitors

Discus and support After recovery, lost external monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; They at first came on, then off and now even when I plug/unplug the HDMI/DVI cables (I have 2 external monitors), the MSI Titan GT80 SLI does not see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dictum, Jan 9, 2019.

1. dictum Win User

After recovery, lost external monitors

They at first came on, then off and now even when I plug/unplug the HDMI/DVI cables (I have 2 external monitors), the MSI Titan GT80 SLI does not see either one.

It seems the drivers have disappeared. Can I run the update to get the drivers or do I have to download the drivers individually?

I thought the operating system was supposed to see them automatically?

:)

dictum, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

External monitor blanking often

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer and external monitor?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates in your PC and also update Display drivers. Follow the steps below.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you still get random black screen in the external monitor. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 9, 2019
  3. DoGoodMen Win User
    Lost external USB monitor after W10 update of 10-01-2016...need help.

Pancho,

9 minutes ago

Last edited: 1 minute ago

Edit

Best Answer

+ Quote

Go to First Unread

After recovery, lost external monitors [​IMG]

Similar Threads - Lost external monitor

DoGoodMen, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Romel Ram Win User

External Monitor with Quicken

Hi Mark,

It is possible that the display resolution automatically adjusts after connecting to an external monitor. For us to properly isolate this issue, we have some questions for you:

• Are you experiencing the same issue even without using the Quicken tool?
    • Have you checked if the display resolution settings of the Surface device and the external monitor is the same?
    • Have you tried checking for a graphics device driver update?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

1. After recovery, lost external monitors - Similar Threads - recovery lost external

2. Hard reset Recovery screen not showing on external monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard reset Recovery screen not showing on external monitor.: I'm trying to factory reset a HP stream 14' laptop because I forgot the password. The screen is broken but the computer still works through an external monitor. The issue is the Recovery screen won't load on my external monitor. The windows will load fine normally, but when...
  3. Hard reset Recovery screen not showing on external monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard reset Recovery screen not showing on external monitor.: I'm trying to factory reset a HP stream 14' laptop because I forgot the password. The screen is broken but the computer still works through an external monitor. The issue is the Recovery screen won't load on my external monitor. The windows will load fine normally, but when...
  4. Hard reset Recovery screen not showing on external monitor.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. External Monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Monitors: I am using the surface pro 3 and the surface doc to set up two external monitors. I have had the monitors working correctly without any problems, but I experience problems when I shut down the surface pro or disconnect from the doc. The monitors appear in the display menu,...
  6. External monitor

External monitor: I cannot connect an external DeskLab monitor via the USB-C port. All other devices connected via the same USB port work. The monitor also works connected via the Type-C connector to the Samsung S10e Smartphone. Maybe I need to enable some of this Win10 parameter? Juozas,...
  7. external monitor not found after update

external monitor not found after update: My laptop updated on 8/13/2020. After the update my HDMI monitor no longer connected to the laptop. I have tried to use "detect" but the laptop just doesn't seem to be able to find the monitor. I have follow all the steps, changed out the HDMI cord, switched ports to no...
  8. After recovery, lost external monitors

After recovery, lost external monitors: They at first came on, then off and now even when I plug/unplug the HDMI/DVI cables (I have 2 external monitors), the MSI Titan GT80 SLI does not see either one. It seems the drivers have disappeared. Can I run the update to get the drivers or do I have to download the...
  9. lost office suite after Product Recovery

lost office suite after Product Recovery: "I used to have microsoft office 10. This came across with the free Windows 10 update from windows 7 , but I had to do a Product Software Recovery and now I do not have the Office suite. I have tried to activate your Product code but it does not like it. Is there anyway to...
  10. External monitor

External monitor: I'm wondering if I can connect a external monitor to use with this laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/external-monitor/1da79127-078f-421c-9bbb-b481ab55ab7e