Windows 10: After reinstallation W10 Disk clean-up indicates suddenly ''22,4 GB Previous Windows...

Discus and support After reinstallation W10 Disk clean-up indicates suddenly ''22,4 GB Previous Windows... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Only to check a back-up issue on my pc OS W10 vs 1809 x64 Microsoft helpdesk reinstalled W10 October 2018 update recently. The day after a full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MildredDuempel Tromp, Mar 9, 2019.

1. After reinstallation W10 Disk clean-up indicates suddenly ''22,4 GB Previous Windows...

Only to check a back-up issue on my pc OS W10 vs 1809 x64 Microsoft helpdesk reinstalled W10 October 2018 update recently. The day after a full memory test had been completed successfully by the helpdesk as well.

However, today I noticed disk clean-up indicates that 22,4 GB of previous Windows installations can be cleaned.

This popped up just now so can I delete 22,4 GB safely? Kindly support.

:)

MildredDuempel Tromp, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Winrland Win User

'Clean' reinstall of W10

Hi all,

I am updating both of my W10 computers with SSD's and am wanting to 'reinstall' windows along the way, and with the very excellent and immediate phone support from MS, have just completed on both of these machines what they seem to call a 'Repair Reinstall'
    of W10 that reinstalls the OS and retains all files programs and apps, which is great.

While upgrading both machines to an SSD primary drive, I am also retaining the original hard drive within the machine, which comes up as Drive J. I run these machines very cleanly, and personal files I need to retain are very minimal and easily saved to
    a USB drive (or Drive J).

I would like to do a 'Clean' Reinstall of W10 that will wipe my machine 'clean' of virtually everything and reinstall the OS on a perfectly clean system, essentially bringing the unit back to as much of an 'as new' condition as possible; my concern is in
    retaining and / or reinstalling my versions of MS Office and my Adobe programs.

I'm wondering if, before I begin the 'Clean' reinstall I were to disconnect my HDD (which is what my SSD was cloned from, so retains all my programs such as Office and my Adobe stuff), and then after having done a clean reinstall with my SSD, could I somehow
    easily reinstall MS Office and my Adobe stuff from a freshly re-connected Drive J, or not?

I guess my question is this: With primary goal of having freshest, cleanest unit when done, what steps do I need to take to be able to reinstall my Office and Adobe programs after completing the clean reinstall of Windows 10?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!

Iain

Winrland, Mar 9, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Reinstalling Windows (what drive)

It may be possible to troubleshoot and fix the boot problems and operating system/registry problems.
    Sometimes access denied can be fixed.
    Sometimes missing dll files can be fixed.

If you clean install, it can be performed in the shortest time however the files will be cleaned.
    If you boot rescue the files can be backed up to another drive.

If you troubleshoot these are the initial steps.
    The next steps will be based on the results displayed from these commands.

Perform the following steps:

1) Find a flash drive that you can format: ( > or = 8 GB)
    2) Create a bootable Windows 10 iso (now Windows 10 build 1803)
    Download Windows 10
    3) Insert the bootable Windows 10 iso flash drive into any USB port
    4) Power on the computer and click the applicable keyboard key or modify the BIOS boot order so that the USB external HD is on top
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys
    5) It may take 5 - 10 minutes for the iso to load while viewing the Microsoft Windows icon
    6) Select the language, time, currency, and keyboard, or click next
    7) Click troubleshoot
    8) Click command prompt > Administrator: X:\Windows\System32.cmd.exe > X:\Sources>
    PLEASE USE A CAMERA OR SMART PHONE CAMERA TO TAKE PICTURES AND POST IMAGES OF ALL OF THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
    Type all of these commands.
    Comments are in parenthesis.

9) bcdedit /enum
    10) bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    11) C:
    12) dir
    13) D:
    14) dir
    14) E:
    15) dir
    16) diskpart
    17) list disk
    18) list volume
    19) select disk 0
    20) detail disk
    21) list partition
    22) select partition 1
    23) detail partition
    24) select partition 2
    25) detail partition
    26) select partition 3
    27) detail partition
    28) select partition 4
    29) detail partition
    30) select disk 1
    31) detail disk
    32) list partition
    33) select disk 2
    34) detail disk
    35) list partition
    36) sfc /scannow /offbootdir=B:\ /offwindir=B:\windows
    (change the letters B to the drive letter displayed in steps #10)
    37) chkdsk /r B:
    (change the letter B to the partition drive letter seen in step #10)
    (This may take many hours and typically displays ETA.)
    38) (reboot as needed)
    39) (reopen command prompt > Administrator: X:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>
    40) bootrec /fixmbr
    41) bootrec /fixboot
    42) bootrec /scanos
    43) bootrec /rebuildbcd
    44) (reboot)

zbook, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Avik Win User

After reinstallation W10 Disk clean-up indicates suddenly ''22,4 GB Previous Windows...

Why 2.66 GB usable in 4 GB ram?

Thanks to everyone for their valuable suggestions. I guess the problem was with the OS.Because after increasing my ram from 4 gb to 8 gb still the usable memory was 2267 mb out of 8 gb, then I did a clean install of Windows 7.Now everything is fine and smooth, and usable memory is 7.9 gb out of 8 gb.

Avik, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

After reinstallation W10 Disk clean-up indicates suddenly ''22,4 GB Previous Windows...

1. After reinstallation W10 Disk clean-up indicates suddenly ''22,4 GB Previous Windows... - Similar Threads - reinstallation W10 Disk

2. how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows: alright so a while ago I was dealing with a issue where I had the blue error loop death screen usually all I needed to do was use a restore point but, this time it wasn't working thats when I tried everything and searched on YouTube found this one video, followed the steps...
  3. how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to recover a cleaned disk drive after reinstalling windows: alright so a while ago I was dealing with a issue where I had the blue error loop death screen usually all I needed to do was use a restore point but, this time it wasn't working thats when I tried everything and searched on YouTube found this one video, followed the steps...
  4. huh, why did it suddenly use 22 GB of ram?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    huh, why did it suddenly use 22 GB of ram?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/x2gl1tch2x [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/x0807v/huh_why_did_it_suddenly_use_22_gb_of_ram/
  5. Disk Clean Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  6. Disk Clean Up

Disk Clean Up: Removing Disk Clean Up was a terrible mistake and Storage Sense is a mess for an alternative. Bring back and improve if you like the original Disk Clean Up option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-clean-up/cf868ce6-e35d-494b-a851-ddd860a1c7f6
  7. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  8. Disk clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up: I did update on windows and when it was done i went in disk clean up to clean Windows update clean up i did it and space wont came back it second time pls help where space go and when i go in disk clean up space windows update clean up wont show up when i go clean up system...
  9. I had to clean reinstall W10 but I have a previous system with separate hard drives for W10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had to clean reinstall W10 but I have a previous system with separate hard drives for W10...: Hello community, I hope everyone is doing well. I had to clean reinstall Windows 10 but in my previous system I choose to have a SSD for Windows 10 + apps and a high capacity HDD for data storage which include the User Account folder. What will be the best praxis for...
  10. windows disk clean up

windows disk clean up: Windows 10 pro: hp Desktop Temporary internet files, Temporary files, and Thumbnails will not delete with Windows disk cleanup. I have tried CCleaner (it says it cleaned them). However, right after that, I do another Disk clean up and they are still there. I have tried:...