Windows 10: After reinstalling windows 10, Apps on D drive don't appear in search

Discus and support After reinstalling windows 10, Apps on D drive don't appear in search in Cortana to solve the problem; Had a few issues with my pc as a whole but the last mess up meant that I needed to reinstall windows. The person who did it for me took out my D... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by GoldChesse, Dec 31, 2020.

1. After reinstalling windows 10, Apps on D drive don't appear in search

Had a few issues with my pc as a whole but the last mess up meant that I needed to reinstall windows. The person who did it for me took out my D driveHDD which has most my apps etc, but not the os. He then took the data off my SSD C drive and on to an external drive, replaced windows on the SSD and then put the data back on the SSD. I'm assuming he left some apps on the wiped SSD as i lost a few programs still.

Anyway, now with the D drive put back in, it doesn't seem to connect very well to windows, everything is there in the files but i cant search for them from start, and if i want to uninstall something using the Add or Remove programs feature it cant find any apps to uninstall despite there being tones. I installed a new app onto the D drive and that now shows up.

I've tried using the Search troubleshooter already and restarting my pc. A lot of these apps are steam games, I also tried verifying the integrity of the game files already.

:)

GoldChesse, Dec 31, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Dec 31, 2020
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Plankton Win User

After reinstalling windows 10, Apps on D drive don't appear in search

Reinstalling Windows (what drive)

Is this going to be a clean install?

Plankton, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

After reinstalling windows 10, Apps on D drive don't appear in search

1. After reinstalling windows 10, Apps on D drive don't appear in search - Similar Threads - reinstalling Apps drive

2. I cannot search the D Drive by the windows search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot search the D Drive by the windows search.: I tried to activate the indexing troubleshooting and made the windows search 'Automatic' at services.msc but it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-search-the-d-drive-by-the-windows-search/843ef621-a8e6-4690-896e-1024a1c6d454
  3. I cannot search the D Drive by the windows search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot search the D Drive by the windows search.: I tried to activate the indexing troubleshooting and made the windows search 'Automatic' at services.msc but it didn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-search-the-d-drive-by-the-windows-search/843ef621-a8e6-4690-896e-1024a1c6d454
  4. Files on D: drive don't show on Start-search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files on D: drive don't show on Start-search: When I press the Windows key and search for something, only the files on the C: drive appear. However, all my files are stored on my HDD, which is the D:, and if want any I have to manually fetch them which is awfully inconvenient for they do not appear in the search...
  5. Files on D: drive don't show on Start-search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files on D: drive don't show on Start-search: When I press the Windows key and search for something, only the files on the C: drive appear. However, all my files are stored on my HDD, which is the D:, and if want any I have to manually fetch them which is awfully inconvenient for they do not appear in the search...
  6. Can not open drive D because BitLocker after reinstalling Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not open drive D because BitLocker after reinstalling Windows 10: Hi all, I've just re-installing Windows 10 with new installation from USB Drive. But after finishing, I can not access drive D with required BitLocker recovery key. Previously, I may not remember that I've already using BitLocker or not. How can I solve the problem?...
  7. reinstall D: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    reinstall D: drive: windows upgrade deleted how do I reinstall D: drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-d-drive/24b4c04b-1a7a-45b2-9c17-dc3389f63c8d
  8. Two internal drives don't show up after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two internal drives don't show up after reinstalling Windows 10: So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer and my computer only recognizes one of my three internal drives, the one with my OS on it. I went on device manager and it shows them, and in their properties it says that "This device is working properly." [ATTACH]...
  9. Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search: When I search for a Trusted Microsoft Store app (examples: Weather, Skype, News, HP Scan and Capture), I do not see the app icon. It appears as a blank default image icon. But in the list of apps, I do see them.[ATTACH]...
  10. Reinstalled Windows 10 - Drive Appears Full

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reinstalled Windows 10 - Drive Appears Full: So I reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer. Both of my hard drives appeared to still be full but there is really nothing in them. Did some research online. I think the Windows.old folder is the key. Was able to remove that folder from my 'main drive'. That freed up space....