Windows 10: After reinstalling windows on my m.2 ssd the boot the time was like 5-10 sec but after a...

Discus and support After reinstalling windows on my m.2 ssd the boot the time was like 5-10 sec but after a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After reinstalling windows on my m.2 ssd the boot time was like 5-10 sec but after a recent windows update it's like 50 sec. The MPCIE slot working in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/System1991, Jun 20, 2020.

1. After reinstalling windows on my m.2 ssd the boot the time was like 5-10 sec but after a...

After reinstalling windows on my m.2 ssd the boot time was like 5-10 sec but after a recent windows update it's like 50 sec.

The MPCIE slot working in sata mode as far as I know but even regular ssd boot speed is faster than mine, im sure the windows update made some changes to my system or maybe my mechanical hard drive slowing my boot speed?

also In my bios the fast boot is enabled!

Can anyone tell me what causing this should I reinstall the windows again or is there anything I can do to fix up the boot speed?

submitted by /u/System1991
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/System1991, Jun 20, 2020

2. dual boot on m.2 ssd

thanks .

i will install windows 7 first then windows 10, so that newest boot maanager will add older version boot entry for win 7 .

now any bios tweaking like uefi settings in bios? i heard installation is triky in m.2 ssd.

MD ABIDALI, Jun 20, 2020
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Wow you were so right just done a fresh install with just the ssd connected. Takes like 10 secs to boot into windows not like 3 mins anymore.*Smile After reinstalling windows on my m.2 ssd the boot the time was like 5-10 sec but after a... :)
    Thank you so much for the advice.*Toast :toast:

scevism, Jun 20, 2020
  4. PaulRujan Win User

After reinstalling windows on my m.2 ssd the boot the time was like 5-10 sec but after a...

inaccessible M.2 SSD boot device

Can anyone help?
    Since end of January 2018 my windows 10 pro system (payed for)

is unstable and now refuses to load the OS from the Samsung 960 Pro M.2 SSD device.

The blue screen says "inaccessible boot device".

This is my work-workstation and I have installed on it several commercial software.

I am trying now since 5 days to make it run. Here are the details:
    computer: CPU: Intel Core i7-6800 K (not overclocked), MB: MS-7885 (X99AA SLI Plus)

BIOS version: msi click bios 5 (build 07/15/2016)

Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 1080, 64 GB memory DDR4 at 2400 GHz
    what happens:

- the os starts loading and after some time spits out the blue screen (two dots left on

rotating widget). In any case, it seems to load from C: and then run

into some trouble related to the M.2 SSD
    already done:

- several times went back to recovery points and they worked twice for a while.

Now nothing helps.

- the recovery says it is successful but the login generates a blue screen,

- tried to use easyRE from neosmart, it also failed to mount the root partition

- fixed the mbr and the boot device manager, did not help

- tried all possible variants of BIOS settings which might help, nothing worked

- installed a disk from another computer with running win 10 pro installation: this

did boot. That system DOES see the Samsung SSD, so the BIOS seems OK.

- run the SSD for errors, not any found.

- when changing back the boot order, the SSD is still not found and the login fails
    So, before doing harm may be you have some good idea of what happens and what

might help short of the nuclear option of reinstalling all the software.

Has anyone run into similar troubles? Many thanks!

PaulRujan, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

After reinstalling windows on my m.2 ssd the boot the time was like 5-10 sec but after a...

1. After reinstalling windows on my m.2 ssd the boot the time was like 5-10 sec but after a... - Similar Threads - reinstalling ssd boot

2. Bluescreen after installing a m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after installing a m.2 ssd: dear microsoft,i am encountering bluesreen after installing a transcend 830s 256gb m.2 ssd on unit HP Probook 430 G4 and HP Probook 440 G4 after doing a systam update with windows 10.regards,...
  3. Bluescreen after installing a m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluescreen after installing a m.2 ssd: dear microsoft,i am encountering bluesreen after installing a transcend 830s 256gb m.2 ssd on unit HP Probook 430 G4 and HP Probook 440 G4 after doing a systam update with windows 10.regards,...
  4. Bluescreen after installing a m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why is my computer locking up on boot after installing M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer locking up on boot after installing M.2 SSD: I just bought a Crucial P3 Plus 2TB M.2 SSD for my son's computer. It currently has a 250GB SSD and 1TB HDD on a ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 motherboard and running an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor. After installing the M.2 SSD, the computer won't boot up at all. It freezes on image...
  6. Why is my computer locking up on boot after installing M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer locking up on boot after installing M.2 SSD: I just bought a Crucial P3 Plus 2TB M.2 SSD for my son's computer. It currently has a 250GB SSD and 1TB HDD on a ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 motherboard and running an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor. After installing the M.2 SSD, the computer won't boot up at all. It freezes on image...
  7. Black screen after boot for a while 5 to 10 sec

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after boot for a while 5 to 10 sec: After updating windows version 2004, I get Black screen for a while after booting. And i reverted that update to 1909 but m still getting that black screen. Can someone tell me how to fix this issue,thanx....
  8. dual boot on m.2 ssd

dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...
  9. dual boot on m.2 ssd

dual boot on m.2 ssd: i have a laptop hp 15-ay503tx with core i5 6th gen 8 gb ddr4 ram 1 TB hdd 5400rpm. currently i am using dual boot windows 7 ultimate and windows 10 both on same hdd on different partitions. i am going to install a 860 EVO 250GB SATA III M.2 SSD on this laptop and...
  10. Boot Time with SSD and Win 10 is 90 sec.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot Time with SSD and Win 10 is 90 sec.: I have an ASUS 6730 with Win 10 and I just installed an SSD as the boot drive. Boot time is very long 90 sec. I have the latest BIOS version. I tried disconnecting all external drives. I turned off the old internal drive in Devices just in case the BIOS was searching the old...