Windows 10: After reinstalling Windows via boot USB stick repair old Windows file and delete new one?

Discus and support After reinstalling Windows via boot USB stick repair old Windows file and delete new one? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After reinstalling Windows 10 after the "Critical Process Died" error, can I move Windows back to the old directory using a boot USB stick? Because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ABigQuestion, Jun 22, 2020.

1. After reinstalling Windows via boot USB stick repair old Windows file and delete new one?

After reinstalling Windows 10 after the "Critical Process Died" error, can I move Windows back to the old directory using a boot USB stick? Because I installed it on my HDD, because on my SSD on which I had Windows before, there was no space left. However, I want to have this back on my SSD, so that Windows is faster.

Is that possible?

If you have any questions on this topic, please do not hesitate to contact me.

:)

ABigQuestion, Jun 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 22, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jun 22, 2020
  4. After reinstalling Windows via boot USB stick repair old Windows file and delete new one?

Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

After reinstalling Windows via boot USB stick repair old Windows file and delete new one?

1. After reinstalling Windows via boot USB stick repair old Windows file and delete new one? - Similar Threads - reinstalling via boot

2. Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.: When i boot from the stick a blue Windows logo on black background appears for a short time but then disappears and the Computer reboots regulary as if i never did anithing but press the on button. What can i do?I created the USB installer with the media creation tool. Befor...
  3. Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.: When i boot from the stick a blue Windows logo on black background appears for a short time but then disappears and the Computer reboots regulary as if i never did anithing but press the on button. What can i do?I created the USB installer with the media creation tool. Befor...
  4. Reinstalling Windows via USB stick does not work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem deleting files from USB stick

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem deleting files from USB stick: Recently this process has slowed down or become impossible. Windows Explorer spends hours, even whole days, "deleting" files from a USB stick, slowing down other Explorer functions as a consequence...and then I may find that after all that wait, the selected files weren't...
  6. Problem deleting files from USB stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem deleting files from USB stick: Recently this process has slowed down or become impossible. Windows Explorer spends hours, even whole days, "deleting" files from a USB stick, slowing down other Explorer functions as a consequence...and then I may find that after all that wait, the selected files weren't...
  7. Problem deleting files from USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reinstall of Windows 10 via USB?

Reinstall of Windows 10 via USB?: Hello :) I'm not an expert with computers and I would like to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. I was told by a technician in a store that I can do this with a USB stick. Is this true, and if so how? I would like to have a clean reinstall of Windows so that my laptop...
  9. Fully reinstall windows from a usb stick

Fully reinstall windows from a usb stick: I have been having problems with windows, so support has told me to reinstall windows externally from a usb stick. How do I do that? I am also stuck as to how I completely uninstall it aswell. Any help is greatly appreciated...
  10. Problemas repairing windows via USB

Problemas repairing windows via USB: My pc showed the blue screen with the message Critical process died. When I turned the pc back on this showed up [ATTACH] Then I used a USB drive to repair windows but when I tried to do that it says this [ATTACH] what do I do?...