Windows 10: After removal of Homegroup, Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 Comps can't access network folder

Discus and support After removal of Homegroup, Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 Comps can't access network folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had all computers set up through a Homegroup connection after adding the windows 10 computer to the network. When windows updated and removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by A&Rsheetmetal, Oct 17, 2018.

1. After removal of Homegroup, Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 Comps can't access network folder

I had all computers set up through a Homegroup connection after adding the windows 10 computer to the network. When windows updated and removed homegroup from windows 10, the windows 7 computer and the windows 8 computer can no longer access the shared folders on the windows 10 computer, nor can they see the computer on the network, but both 7/8 computers can print to the printers through the windows 10 computer. Windows 10 computer can see and access files on windows 7/8 computers in its network. Computers are sharing over a wireless network but the printers (not wifi printers) are wired into the windows 10 machine.

I double and triple checked the sharing options. All sharing is allowed and the password protection is off. I have marked the files as shared with everyone. The windows 7/8 computers can still not see the windows 10 computer on the network. I'm considering removing the update to see if that resolves the issue but hoping to find a better option cause I'm not even sure if that would work.

:)

A&Rsheetmetal, Oct 17, 2018
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Windows 7 & XP Networking Problem

I have two PCs in my room connected to a Linksys router, both had Windows 7 on them and had file sharing enabled through the Homegroup feature. Now I have XP on one PC, and still Windows 7 on the other. I setup the network on my XP PC and had the Windows 7 PC setup properly so that they could network together.

In 'My Network Places' I can see both PC's listed, I can double click the Windows 7 PC from my Windows XP PC and see the folders that I have set to share, but when I double click any of the folders I get an error message saying "\\PC-2\MP3 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied.

However, on my Windows 7 PC, I can go to network and browse all of the files I have set to share on the XP PC. So what do I need to do so that I can access the files on my Windows 7 PC on my Windows XP PC?

OrbitzXT, Oct 17, 2018
  3. silkstone Win User
    Windows 7 homegroups?

Please Help

Hi guys,

I'm currently pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to set up different networks. whatever i try, all i seem to do is mess things up *Bang Head :banghead:

The situation is this, I currently have 2 different networks that i wish to connect my laptop to (at different times)

One is my homegroup at home and the other is a workgroup named TEACHERS at work.

I would like to be able to offer different shared folders with different access rights depending on the network. I would like to only give read access to the my documents folder on my work network and add password protection for that access if possible. On my home network i would like to give full access to my C:\ drive including all read and write privileges.

It sound simple enough to me, but i have been unable to find any guides and playing around with the settings just isn;t working. as it stands, i have to manually edit all the shared folders each time i connect to a different network and remove all the shares when connecting at work and then adding them again when i get home. I figure that there must be a way to get around this?

A second issue is that often i can still see obsolete shares on my work network even when the sharing option is disabled on my laptop. For example, i can still see and access c:\ users on my work network, even though that folder is not set to share.

a 3rd, but less important issue, is that i am trying to also connect a Macbook with osx 10 to the work network, i manually changed the workgroup name to TEACHERS in the WINS option for the macbook as per this guide: http://macs.about.com/od/filesharing/ss/Share-Windows-7-Files-With-Os-X-Lion_2.htm
    but it still cannot see any other computers on the network.

any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it is just some links to some guides as i have not been able to find anything that can help me with these problems *Frown After removal of Homegroup, Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 Comps can't access network folder :(

silkstone, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Rexter Win User

After removal of Homegroup, Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 Comps can't access network folder

Help with Win 7 HomeGroup folder sharing

So, me and my brother are very happy for the homegroup function in windows 7 because we listen/watch eachothers music and pictures all the time, and thats why the homegroup function is a god send.

So today i figured i might share another folder, the "Downloads" folder under your respective user. Or, located here "C:\Users\MYNAME\Downloads" (that folder is made by windows, not me), right clicked, chose "Share With" then "Homegroup (Read)". Fine. Now on my brothers pc, i opened up my computer on homegroup, and double clicked on the "Downloads" folder i just shared, and then it says it can not be found. wtf? the pre-set music and picture folders work fine but not the one i shared.
    Ive tried everything i could, even though the options with homegroup are very, very limited.

Anyone tried fiddling with windows 7 homegroups?

Rexter, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

After removal of Homegroup, Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 Comps can't access network folder

1. After removal of Homegroup, Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 Comps can't access network folder - Similar Threads - removal Homegroup Comps

2. Remove folders from network folder with removing access.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove folders from network folder with removing access.: I shared individual folders on our network, then decided to share the entire drive. Now in the Network folder shows all the individual folders I originally shared and the drives. All the folders except c & d in the photo are sub-folders of the drives. How do I remove the...
  3. How to homegroup network windows 10 & Windows 7

How to homegroup network windows 10 & Windows 7: How to accomplish this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-homegroup-network-windows-10-windows-7/744df7f1-67db-4bb6-a3e6-a9a04ed360fd
  4. Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added

Windows 10 Networking after Homegroup Removed and Workgroup Added: I cannot connect my laptop and desktop after the Windows 10 update. I can see the computers on the network but it keeps giving me an error that I don't have permission and to check with my Administrator. I am the administrator. I don't know how to resolve this issue. Can...
  5. Can't Access Homegroup

Can't Access Homegroup: Have a new L/T, can access the Internet but can't join an existing Home group to use my printer Believe that the existing HG doesn't exist anymore. Help!...
  6. Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup

Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup: Hello! I saw your recent post and decided that you may be able to help me and others who later read this post. My issue and rant: With Windows recent update (Ver 1803), the simple task of networking two home computers has become a nightmare. I cannot understand how a...
  7. Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup)

Windows 10 - Networking (Homegroup): I have four devices: 1.) Desktop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 2.) Black Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 3.) Red Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17134.228 4.) White Laptop - Windows 10 Home 1803: Build 17723.1000 Modem is dual band 2.5Ghz...
  8. shared folders not accessible after HomeGroup removed

shared folders not accessible after HomeGroup removed: I have three computers, two of them connected directly to the router, one over WiFi. All three of them run the latest version of Win 10 built 1803 (build 17134.191) . Ever since I upgraded the computers to 1803 and HomeGroup was removed, I have been having problems with...
  9. Shared Windows 10 network folders not visible in homegroup

Shared Windows 10 network folders not visible in homegroup: The title basically says it all ... I have a Windows 10 pc in a private network with 4 external hdds attached. On these drives, I have shared a number of folders. In the Explorer, these folders are shown as type Share in the Network section. In the Homegroup section of the...
  10. Shared folders will not access on Homegroup after format

Shared folders will not access on Homegroup after format: Hey guys, this one has me stumped. I have a network of 4 pc's in my house. My main PC that has all my media failed and required a format. After fixing it all, re-joining it to the homegroup I receive this message (pic attached) when trying to access all my media on any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot share windows 10 folder after home group removal

2. win 10 pro version 1903 will not allow full sharing of all files folders and devices on private home network. God fucking damn you Microsoft.

3. cant share anything after homegroup removal

4. access network drive after HomeGroup removed from Windows 10