Windows 10: After repairing a Windows post update that corrupted user profile ONE, can I rename the NEW...

Discus and support After repairing a Windows post update that corrupted user profile ONE, can I rename the NEW... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I suffered a user profile corruption after a Windows update, so created a new user profile NEW, and would like to delete the old ONE profile completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by XCLN, Feb 24, 2020.

1. XCLN Win User

After repairing a Windows post update that corrupted user profile ONE, can I rename the NEW...

I suffered a user profile corruption after a Windows update, so created a new user profile NEW, and would like to delete the old ONE profile completely and rename NEW to ONE, but I'm sure it's not so simple.

I do NOT have it logged into a domain, all the accounts are LOCAL so that should make it easier..

Any help appreciated - thanks!

:)

2. How to completely delete the files and folders of the corrupted profile and rename the same user profile name in the newly created user profile in Windows 10?

Hello Ian,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Method 1: You can delete the files and folders from the corrupted user from
    File explorer by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer.

• Click on This PC located at the left side panel of the window to open the drives of the PC.

• Go to users folder by opening the
      C: drive.

• From users folder, locate the user folder you want to delete and
      press Shift + Delete keys on the keyboard.

• After the process is complete, close the window and check if the files and folders are deleted.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Annu Singh from the link below to rename the user profile and check if it helps.

Rename User Account Folder in Windows 10 Preview

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

After repairing a Windows post update that corrupted user profile ONE, can I rename the NEW...

Corrupted User Profile

Hi,

There maybe a couple of reasons behind this misbehavior such as a corrupted system file. However, we would like to be able to verify which process exactly is corrupted.

• When you install, does it give you any form of error message when it fails?
    • What other processes doesn't go through on the said User account?

As per troubleshooting, you may refer to
    Likhitha V
    's response on this thread. See if it applies to you. However,
    just to give you a heads up. The steps are about creating a new user profile and deleting the current one. I suggest you back up your files so you may be able to transfer it. You can also find information about it on the same thread.

We'll be waiting for your response. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. After repairing a Windows post update that corrupted user profile ONE, can I rename the NEW... - Similar Threads - repairing post update

2. Windows Update corrupted my user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update corrupted my user profile: I have a PC that is seldom connected to the internet for security reasons there is no greater security than a machine that hackers have no access to but I needed to download a file so I plugged in the ethernet cable and turned the PC on after it booted up it had installed a...
  3. Windows Update corrupted my user profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update corrupted my user profile: I have a PC that is seldom connected to the internet for security reasons there is no greater security than a machine that hackers have no access to but I needed to download a file so I plugged in the ethernet cable and turned the PC on after it booted up it had installed a...
  4. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  5. I have a corrupt profile after a windows update. Can I repair advice?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have a corrupt profile after a windows update. Can I repair advice?: First of all, I would like to see if people can check out this thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-c18acc9328ae There is quite a long discussion there. I am trying to get help. I want to back up a lot of data, then try to repair my profile. I was told to go to the...
  6. User profile corrupted, repair/fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile corrupted, repair/fix: It appears my Microsoft Account/Windows 10 user profile is corrupted. I have been unable to install some? apps from the Microsoft Store, specifically People and MSN Weather. Also, I recently tried to install updates for my church accounting software. It started and then...
  7. Corrupt User Profile after Windows 10 1909 Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupt User Profile after Windows 10 1909 Update.: I noticed none of my music files were linking with Media Monkey. Upon looking for them I found all the library folders and contents were in a Temp folder. My profile and library folders were originally in Users/Compa. Now they are in Users/Compa.000 which I understand is a...
  8. User Profile Rename

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Profile Rename: im currently using a windows 10 home os ( build 1809 ) and under the user folder it spelled my name wrong, i would like to know how do i rename the usesr folder? and by doing so will it affect any applications thats already installed in the device?...
  9. Renaming user profile

Renaming user profile: My User Profile was created during the building of the computer by a 3rd party and now appears as C:\Users\OEM.DESKTOP-V87UE3B. How can I change this to reflect my name etc chux 120766
  10. User profile partially "corrupted", how to migrate to a new one?

User profile partially "corrupted", how to migrate to a new one?: It seems that sometimes Windows 10 user profiles get corrupted. Small problems here and there. Nothing fixes the problems and you have to create a new profile. What is the best way to "copy" or "clone" stuff from the old profile to the new one? I already have most programs...