Windows 10: After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems

Discus and support After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, after installing SSD in my laptop, i wanted to move windows from HDD to SSD, but it appeared that i already have 2 disk partition reserved for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nik_446, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Nik_446 Win User

After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems

So, after installing SSD in my laptop, i wanted to move windows from HDD to SSD, but it appeared that i already have 2 disk partition reserved for windows:In "System Info" i see that "Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1 " as Boot Device.https://imgur.com/a/r5lpzkuMy question is, can i safely delete "disk 0 partition 1" allocated memory? Also my ssd is not displayed as SSD in Disk manager, strange.

:)

Nik_446, Sep 24, 2023
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems 264148d1579727363t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-12-.png

After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems 264149d1579727409t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-10-.png

After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems 264150d1579727247t-optical-drive-issue-screenshot-11-.png

Jerry8A, Sep 24, 2023
  3. gordon99 Win User
    Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

I have a Dell Latitude E5420 laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. I would appreciate a step by step guide on the procedure to replace the hard drive with a Solid State drive; specifically dealing with the transfer of all the software from the old drive to the new. I have an external hard drive I use for backups and a free version of the Macrium Reflect program on the hard drive. The SSD is brand new. I have just 50 GB in total on the 231 GB hard drive. The SSD has 250 GB capacity.

gordon99, Sep 24, 2023
  4. LemP Win User

optical drive

Optical drives fail, probably more than most other computer components.

If you have a desktop/tower, replacing the optical drive is easy and inexpensive.

If you have a laptop, replacing the optical drive may be more expensive, and sometimes requires considerable disassembly. A good alternative is an inexpensive external optical drive.

Thema:

1. After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems - Similar Threads - replacing optical drive

2. After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems: So, after installing SSD in my laptop, i wanted to move windows from HDD to SSD, but it appeared that i already have 2 disk partition reserved for windows:In "System Info" i see that "Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1 " as Boot Device.https://imgur.com/a/r5lpzkuMy question...
  3. After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After replacing optical drive with SSD in my Laptop, i have 2 windows systems: So, after installing SSD in my laptop, i wanted to move windows from HDD to SSD, but it appeared that i already have 2 disk partition reserved for windows:In "System Info" i see that "Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1 " as Boot Device.https://imgur.com/a/r5lpzkuMy question...
  4. replacement SSD drive for laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    replacement SSD drive for laptop: My laptop cannot see my SSD drive so I assume it has failed, I am having trouble finding a replacement.The SSD drive installed in my laptop is an SK Hynix, I am attaching a photo of it.The is the only similar drive I have found and do not know if if it is...
  5. Replacing a M.2 SSD boot drive card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacing a M.2 SSD boot drive card: Running Win 10 version 21H1 My rig has a 500 Mb M.2 SSD card as boot (C:\). Troubling Chkdsk runs have caused me to distrust the current card. A replacement M.2 card should arrive in a couple of days and my confidence in myself to successfully swap the cards is limited as I...
  6. Replacing a M.2 SSD boot drive card

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing a M.2 SSD boot drive card: Running Win 10 version 21H1 My rig has a 500 Mb M.2 SSD card as boot (C:\). Troubling Chkdsk runs have caused me to distrust the current card. A replacement M.2 card should arrive in a couple of days and my confidence in myself to successfully swap the cards is limited as I...
  7. After SSD replacement, the system is not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After SSD replacement, the system is not activated: My old PC broke down and I took the SSD drive and put it into another PC which I am using now. I have a problem with the latter PC. It requires that I activate the system though it was activated before the replacement. How can I activate the system?...
  8. replacing optical drive with HDD - Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    replacing optical drive with HDD - Desktop: W10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041. 329) - Desktop Computer BACKGROUND INFORMATION: My motherboard only has 3x drive connection points: Last year I Installed 500 GB SSD as Boot Drive = 1 connection point Already installed Internal HDD (still in use) = 2 connection point...
  9. Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD: I have a Dell Latitude E5420 laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. I would appreciate a step by step guide on the procedure to replace the hard drive with a Solid State drive; specifically dealing with the transfer of all the software from the old drive to the new. I have an...
  10. Removing laptop hard drive and replacing with SSD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing laptop hard drive and replacing with SSD?: I have a laptop (HP notebook 8 gig ram) running Windows 10 as a slow ring insider. I want to remove the hard drive which is as slow as treacle and replace it with an SSD. This requires that I do a clean install of Windows 10 on the SSD ..... My question is this: I have a USB...