Windows 10: After reset asking for admin password

Discus and support After reset asking for admin password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi allI'm in the UK and have Lenovo Miix which is surplus to requirements so was planning on wrong wiping and ebaying. I have reset it, but it now asks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matthew Cadman, Jun 18, 2022.

1. After reset asking for admin password

Hi allI'm in the UK and have Lenovo Miix which is surplus to requirements so was planning on wrong wiping and ebaying. I have reset it, but it now asks for an admin name and password. I have owned this from new and only my login details have been on there, so I assume I'm the admin.I have tried flashing Windows 10 via the Microsoft w10 download tool, but no go. I have booted into safe mode and set up a new name and password, however when I try to sign in, it says it has tokens missing and can't sign on. Please help so I can securely sell this or repurpose for one of my kids.Thanks

:)

Matthew Cadman, Jun 18, 2022
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 18, 2022
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jun 18, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

After reset asking for admin password

Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

Thema:

After reset asking for admin password

1. After reset asking for admin password - Similar Threads - reset asking admin

2. Reset Admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  3. Reset Admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Admin password: I am the Admin controller of my daughters laptop but I have forgotten my password. I can't find anywhere where I can reset it. HELP !!!! I need to update a few things and add an app. HELP....how do I resent the password for the Admin User Control ???...
  4. After reset asking for admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After reset asking for admin password: Hi allI'm in the UK and have Lenovo Miix which is surplus to requirements so was planning on wrong wiping and ebaying. I have reset it, but it now asks for an admin name and password. I have owned this from new and only my login details have been on there, so I assume I'm the...
  5. After reset asking for admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After reset asking for admin password: Hi allI'm in the UK and have Lenovo Miix which is surplus to requirements so was planning on wrong wiping and ebaying. I have reset it, but it now asks for an admin name and password. I have owned this from new and only my login details have been on there, so I assume I'm the...
  6. Admin password reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin password reset: Hello So I am able to login into my account hence when I try to make changes and install need programs an admin sign in window pops out I forgot what password I set it as Any ideas Thank you submitted by /u/513111111 [link] [comments]...
  7. Admin password asked twice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password asked twice: Each time I change a user setting, the admin password is required twice. For example, when doing any changes to DNS - DoH. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-asked-twice/8f5dc88e-096e-44dd-b8bd-bd154daa928f
  8. Hosts asking for admin password

Hosts asking for admin password: Good afternoon! I need help... I was trying to block a particular website like youtube, facebook or anything (windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts) but when I saved it..... admin password suddenly pops up. I didn't even put password on my laptop. And I turned off "Password...
  9. Windows Reset Is Asking For Admin Password

Windows Reset Is Asking For Admin Password: Hello, I have a laptop where the internet stopped working (both WiFi and Ethernet). I went through the standard troubleshooting procedures I found on here and had no luck. My next step is to do a Windows reset on the laptop. I go into security settings and windows reset,...
  10. reset admin password

in Windows 10 Support
    reset admin password: How do i reset the administrator password? Ive tried all the ones Ive used before and it keeps telling me the password is wrong. Is it possible something is wrong with the user profile for the administrator? I tried creating a password reset disk using my flash drive; but;...