Windows 10: After "Reset my PC" can I use my previous restore point?

Discus and support After "Reset my PC" can I use my previous restore point? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (1) Create restore point -> (2) Click "Reset my PC" (remove personal files) -> (3) System restore from restore point (1) Is it possible? submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GetLiberatedSon, Oct 23, 2020.

1. After "Reset my PC" can I use my previous restore point?

(1) Create restore point -> (2) Click "Reset my PC" (remove personal files) -> (3) System restore from restore point (1)

Is it possible?

submitted by /u/GetLiberatedSon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GetLiberatedSon, Oct 23, 2020

2. Can't reset my pc to previous restore point.

I am unable to reset my pc to its factory settings . The reset option from update>recovery is not working also i think mu restore point is deleted from some kind of malware or virus. Also windows + R > boot is not working. Give me some suggestion s of reseting
    from outside windows

sahil sauravxalxo, Oct 23, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    how do i find an get to a previous restore point/

Hi Greg

If a previous restore point exists on your PC, this is howto find that:

Click your Start Button, then just type rst

Choose 'Create a Restore Point' from the resulting list

On the resulting dialog is the 'System Restore' button active, if so, click that and you should see a list of available Restore Points . . .

DaveM121, Oct 23, 2020
  4. mtroxel Win User

After "Reset my PC" can I use my previous restore point?

Previous versions of files in restore point

Searched, didn't see this one.

One of the most useful features of Win 7 was when you could pull a previous version of a file out of the restore point. But now when I go to configure a system restore it isn't listed as an option as it was in 7. However, in a context menu on any file it still lists it as an option. Is this just gone or a huge bug?

mtroxel, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

After "Reset my PC" can I use my previous restore point?

1. After "Reset my PC" can I use my previous restore point? - Similar Threads - Reset previous restore

2. How do I restore my previous apps and files after resetting my PC as I have a backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore my previous apps and files after resetting my PC as I have a backup: I need someone to help me and guide me through on how to restore my apps/files . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-previous-apps-and-files-after/671f9d1f-5ea3-4150-bb1a-35cb3bb49012
  3. Restore point restoration after reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore point restoration after reset?: I was planning on resetting my laptop as the files are so messy and everything is just a mess. I'm worried that if I do reset my laptop I might have an important file that I missed, so after I make a restore point with the Restore Point application, reset my laptop, and need...
  4. Restore point restoration after reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore point restoration after reset?: I was planning on resetting my laptop as the files are so messy and everything is just a mess. I'm worried that if I do reset my laptop I might have an important file that I missed, so after I make a restore point with the Restore Point application, reset my laptop, and need...
  5. I Used Restore Point And It Corrupted My Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I Used Restore Point And It Corrupted My Laptop: so i wanted to use restore point cuz After the Update my pc screen kept going black all of a sudden randomly and i cant scroll using Two Fingers So i used it and after it did its things it brought me to my desktop saying it was successful and the laptop froze, couldn't move...
  6. System restore to the previous point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore to the previous point: I am planning to restore my laptop to a previous point.I have made some changes to the settings of third party applications like eclipse.But these settings are changed recently i.e after the date that which I want to restore to.Once I restore to that date,will the settings go...
  7. Is there a way I can reset my Windows 10 to a previous date without a restore point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way I can reset my Windows 10 to a previous date without a restore point: I lost files, images and anatomy drawings yesterday and Im kinda going through some grief over my files. I restored some images but its now thousands of unorganized pictures and my clip studio files didnt restore to their original file type and are now xml documents so my...
  8. can i restore my windows to a previous version ?

can i restore my windows to a previous version ?: so I finally decided to update my windows to 1909 as I really need this version to play cod war zone smoothly, but I'm afraid this update cause problems with other software or games, can I make a restore point now before updating and later on after updating if something went...
  9. Possible to find/use a Restore Point after using the "Reset PC" Function?

Possible to find/use a Restore Point after using the "Reset PC" Function?: Hi there! I'm trying to help someone who inadvertently used the "Reset this PC" feature and used the "Keep Files" option (thankfully). However, it obviously removes all applications. Is it possible to locate a restore point from prior to doing the Reset? I already...
  10. I cannot revert to previous restore points

I cannot revert to previous restore points: I am running. Windows 10 Home (1809). For a few days now I have been getting a blue screen error at startup, specifically "page fault in non-paged area" . I have not had this problem until the system updated to 1809. To fix it I thought I would use a restore point that...