Windows 10: After reset of windows 10 I cannot log in my laptop - it says no administrator account...

Discus and support After reset of windows 10 I cannot log in my laptop - it says no administrator account... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10 from the beginning. I purchased it in 2018/May more or less. I used it for four months, then I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JAngel1967, Nov 5, 2020.

1. After reset of windows 10 I cannot log in my laptop - it says no administrator account...

Hello guys,

I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10 from the beginning. I purchased it in 2018/May more or less.

I used it for four months, then I got I job and had a working computer.

Now I decided to give it to my brother so I reset it. After that action, the first screen asks me for 'Other User' user and password, but I do not have any at this point since all of them were deleted by the reset process. When I go to Advanced Options after clicking shift + power>restart and try to use them in Command the system tells me that "there is no an administrator account in this PC', so I am stuck: I can't log in and can't use the computer.

I have reinstalled Windows 10 three times and got same result all the time.

Could somebody give me some useful comments to finish this activity?

Thank you in advance to all of you.

Angel

:)

JAngel1967, Nov 5, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown After reset of windows 10 I cannot log in my laptop - it says no administrator account... :(

Zakin, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

After reset of windows 10 I cannot log in my laptop - it says no administrator account...

Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

Kari, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

After reset of windows 10 I cannot log in my laptop - it says no administrator account...

1. After reset of windows 10 I cannot log in my laptop - it says no administrator account... - Similar Threads - reset cannot log

2. I cannot log out of my administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot log out of my administrator account: I can’t log out of an administrator account and Im not sure what to do. After I had factory reset my pc for storage, I encountered a chain of problems. #1 when my pc started to reinstall windows, it would stop at 64%, restart and repeat again, previously I had let it cycle...
  3. I cannot log out of my administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot log out of my administrator account: I can’t log out of an administrator account and Im not sure what to do. After I had factory reset my pc for storage, I encountered a chain of problems. #1 when my pc started to reinstall windows, it would stop at 64%, restart and repeat again, previously I had let it cycle...
  4. I cannot log out of my administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot log into my account after reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into my account after reseting: I reset my laptop and after when I enter the my password for logging it shows following. I tried to logging using safe mode. But it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-into-my-account-after-reseting/058ae471-e0dc-4284-aee9-7fc06083a95b
  6. Cannot log into my account after reseting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log into my account after reseting: I reset my laptop and after when I enter the my password for logging it shows following. I tried to logging using safe mode. But it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-into-my-account-after-reseting/058ae471-e0dc-4284-aee9-7fc06083a95b
  7. Cannot log into my account after reseting

8. Cannot log in to Microsoft account on laptop I need to reset Windows on after password reset.

Cannot log in to Microsoft account on laptop I need to reset Windows on after password reset.: Windows 10 will not start on my laptop and I would like to go forward with a save personal files reset. I get to the point that it requests my Microsoft account password after I select the save personal files resetmoption, but it does not recognize the password I set for my...
  9. Cannot use window account to log into laptop after reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot use window account to log into laptop after reset: I had to have my laptop repair. A few mosfets needed to be repaired. I had factory reset my laptop. Now its fixed and I cannot log into my microsoft account on the laptop. It signed put your email in and I do. Then the password. Then it asked for my current windows password...
  10. cannot log into windows 10 after factory resetting my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot log into windows 10 after factory resetting my laptop: I recently factory reset my laptop (did not keep personal files). after restarting, it took me to the login where it just says Other User. every combination of username and password does not work. there are also no networks that I can sign into, just airplane mode. I have...